2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably 2nd best behind Gunston
Gunners has been good this year, but Darling has been better.

Gunners easily better over the last 5 years though.

wow

5 hawthorn All Australians, they must be sitting on top of the ladder with so many stars lol
I count 4, unless we somehow got Buddy back?

But how can you argue with Breust as the best small/medium/general forward (2nd in the coleman), Mitchell who is probably leading the brownlow at this stage, Smith who is having a career year and has been the best winger in the game this year?

Sicily - he's on the edge of the team for mine. If his average output to date this year remains consistent (4 elite games, one average game in every 5 and doesn't miss anymore due to suspension) he'd be hard to leave out as well. And then there is Stratton who for mine has been every bit as good as a Tom Stewart or Vlaustin/Grimes/Astbury etc who is worth a mention as well.

and for the record, if Tom Stewart makes the All Australian team.

I will delete my account. This has to be the biggest joke on bigfooty

Do everyone a favour and f*** off then.

If you subtract the last quarter against Sydney, which was basically due to our centre line getting absolutely smoked anyway, Geelong have conceded 190 points or so in 15 quarters of football, marshalled by Stewart, who along with Tuohy has had to run a defence missing its two best players and with no recognised KPD.

If he’s not in the 18, he’s not far off it. So please back up your threat and go.

Do everyone a favour and f*** off then.

If you subtract the last quarter against Sydney, which was basically due to our centre line getting absolutely smoked anyway, Geelong have conceded 190 points or so in 15 quarters of football, marshalled by Stewart, who along with Tuohy has had to run a defence missing its two best players and with no recognised KPD.

If he’s not in the 18, he’s not far off it. So please back up your threat and go.

I will go, I guarantee it.

The whole Richmond backline including the recently dropped Branded Ellis is ahead of Tom Stewart.

Talking about him as an All Australian is completely delusional

Those not putting Rance in their team clearly are not watching Richmond games. His been in our best 2 players nearly every week and we are the team with most wins and least score against us. We play a TEAM defense and he leads that, is pivotal to that. I think he is the only player we cannot cover. (Riewoldt can be covered into through promoting Caddy/Townsend into the role as seen last year)

Rance is as loose as Stormy Daniels on a working day.

Those not putting Rance in their team clearly are not watching Richmond games. His been in our best 2 players nearly every week and we are the team with most wins and least score against us. We play a TEAM defense and he leads that, is pivotal to that. I think he is the only player we cannot cover. (Riewoldt can be covered into through promoting Caddy/Townsend into the role as seen last year)
Has had bags kicked on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Sicily - Talia - Stewart
HB: Laird - Rance - Hurn
C: Smith - Mitchell - Seedsman
HF: Martin - Franklin - Edwards
FF: Breust - Brown - Gray
R: Grundy - Fyfe - Cripps
IC: Howe - Macrae - Sidebottom - Darling

Could be argued that Sicily's one mediocre game is too many given he's only played four others. Talia was marginal over a few others, feel he's been the best pure full back. Harris Andrews has had a great season, as have the other Richmond talls and Jonas. Feel Tarrant has been overrated. Rance is still the daddy. Intercepts, spoils, clean disposal under pressure. Just looking at goals scored by X player misses the bigger picture. He makes the Richmond defense. Not a popular call, I know.

Fairly comfortable with Laird, Hurn and Howe. Whitfield arguable, plus the plethora of "underrated" mid sized defensive types (see Sheppard, Stratton, Grimes etc)

Smith and Seedsman have been the most impactful wings this season (feels like it wings have been more important this season). You can argue that only one pure wing needs to be in the team, and that Gaff could push the other two.

Franklin will obviously drop out once he misses enough footy. Brown gets in through weight of goals. Darling has just been very solid. Not a fantastic year for key forwards. Hogan, Walker Cameron and Riewoldt capable with good back halves of the year.

Heeney a bit unlucky and could replace Edwards. The Geelong boys Menzel and Parfit can consider themselves unlucky, as can Cameron. Just feel the other forward pocket/flank options have been better. Dusty's season has been underrated by some.

Midfield mostly explains itself. Oliver stiff. I'd have Kelly closer than most.

Could have gone with two rucks and easily put Gawn in. Teams don't run two rucks anymore, though. Simply a decision of style and taste.

Remaining squad: Andrews, Astbury, Jonas, Simpson, Sheppard, Whitfield, Gaff, Oliver, Pendlebury, Cunnington, Kelly, Selwood, Heeney, Menzel, C. Cameron, Hogan, Walker, Gawn

Would say Darlo has been better than Both. Henney nowhere near it atm imo.

It’s 178 points in 15 quarters. 12 points a quarter but the best performed defender in that group is apparently laughably distant from the discussion.

Yeah I know 176 points in 16 quarters and no one makes it. What a joke.

Rance is your 3rd best defender this year.

And no team has a defence worthy of 3 spots..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back