List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Gaff.... id like to have a quarter acre in Balwyn if someone would agree to release one to me.

Am i missing a crucial step here?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I’m understanding your point, Gaff is a restricted free agent so we have a shot at him.

We obviously won’t be able to pay him like a North or St Kilda, but he i believe that he comes from a Melbourne supporting family and might decide that success or playing for Melbourne is worth a pay cut.

If I’m understanding your point, Gaff is a restricted free agent so we have a shot at him.

We obviously won’t be able to pay him like a North or St Kilda, but he i believe that he comes from a Melbourne supporting family and might decide that success or playing for Melbourne is worth a pay cut.
How come everyone comes from a Melbourne supporting family? I never come across any Melbourne supporters. I think they live underground. Nobody but me supports Melbourne at work - so I make up for it by general loudness wearing a Max Gawn tshirt and displaying my team posters and a huge Jack Viney in the office. Some flog of an Essendon supporter keeps taking my fixture magnet off the filing cabinets. I also start off team meetings with an update on Maxy’s hitout stats. Actually I think I’m regarded as eccentric at best most days.

Slight tangent from who we may be chasing but with Tyson being omitted this week, could he be on the table this year? He is a very good clearance player but our depth in that part of the ground is massive, so he's now on the fringe of our best 22 because he can't play any other positions.

A team without that inside grunt would absolutely love a player like Dom and we could secure a decent trade for him.

(I'm a fan of his and just putting this out there for comment).

Slight tangent from who we may be chasing but with Tyson being omitted this week, could he be on the table this year? He is a very good clearance player but our depth in that part of the ground is massive, so he's now on the fringe of our best 22 because he can't play any other positions.

A team without that inside grunt would absolutely love a player like Dom and we could secure a decent trade for him.

Essendon would love him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come everyone comes from a Melbourne supporting family? I never come across any Melbourne supporters. I think they live underground. Nobody but me supports Melbourne at work - so I make up for it by general loudness wearing a Max Gawn tshirt and displaying my team posters and a huge Jack Viney in the office. Some flog of an Essendon supporter keeps taking my fixture magnet off the filing cabinets. I also start off team meetings with an update on Maxy’s hitout stats. Actually I think I’m regarded as eccentric at best most days.

Oddly enough where I've worked for many years has always had 3-4 Melbourne supporters around the traps, and its not a big workplace, less than 40 odd people spread around. Pretty good ratio for us, particularly given a lot of people there barely care about football. If one leaves, another seems to appear. The vast majority of the workplace is women though, so maybe there's something in that? Who knows.

He possibly could be but i would still prefer to hold on to him another year, I think if we landed Gaff then i would think we could just take our picks to the draft and see how 2019 plays out.

Dom is definitely talented enough to find the football but we really need to spend time on him and his disposals, he is still a more efficient player than someone like ANB.

Do we think Lewis will finish up this year?

He possibly could be but i would still prefer to hold on to him another year, I think if we landed Gaff then i would think we could just take our picks to the draft and see how 2019 plays out.

Dom is definitely talented enough to find the football but we really need to spend time on him and his disposals, he is still a more efficient player than someone like ANB.

Do we think Lewis will finish up this year?
I reckon we should hold on to him. We dont have any injuries atm and thats the only reason he isnt hetting a game. That wont last forever and with lewis and vince nearing the end it would be foolish to get rid of him now imo.

Happy to put Dom up for a trade. Plays the odd game that shows he can play, but he's not consistent enough and his disposal is atrocious. With Viney, Oliver, Gus, Petracca, ANB and Salem coming through all young, all can play Doms role better, I feel we need to move him on. Early second rounder will do..

Tyson would be the ideal fit for Essendon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't really see a second round pick helping us win games more than Tyson over the next couple of years. His best is still very good and he isn't old.

This is our best run with injury that I can ever remember, it is unlikely to last for long so he will be back playing in a couple of weeks.

Don't really see a second round pick helping us win games more than Tyson over the next couple of years. His best is still very good and he isn't old.

This is our best run with injury that I can ever remember, it is unlikely to last for long so he will be back playing in a couple of weeks.
Yeah lmao all y’all are overrating the draft not to mention Lewis and Vince are not long for this world. Jones too, really. Would rather have Tyson around to step up with his ~100 games of experience and proven ability than add another zero gamer from the second round - unless there’s a slider we have our eye on, or someone from another club we reckon we can snare with that pick

Yeah lmao all y’all are overrating the draft not to mention Lewis and Vince are not long for this world. Jones too, really. Would rather have Tyson around to step up with his ~100 games of experience and proven ability than add another zero gamer from the second round - unless there’s a slider we have our eye on, or someone from another club we reckon we can snare with that pick

Nothing wrong with cashing your chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back