List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KK was pick 5 and 2nd in the B&F in his second season. Only thing diminishing his value is injury.

Think people have short memories. He will be an absolute gun in our side. Think Grant Birchall.

Yeah I know, but realistically the concussion issues are huge: even if he never gets a concussion again, it could kill his confidence forever.

Admittedly, he could do a Brayshaw (which would be great!), but surely the likelihood is much greater that he'll end up playing a handful of games for us, then drifting off into nothing. Any deal that values him at ~20-30 is over-paying. Especially considering Scrimshaw went for 50 or 60 or whatever, and he's almost as likely to be good/a better player, considering he has no injury issues.

Yeah I know, but realistically the concussion issues are huge: even if he never gets a concussion again, it could kill his confidence forever.

Admittedly, he could do a Brayshaw (which would be great!), but surely the likelihood is much greater that he'll end up playing a handful of games for us, then drifting off into nothing. Any deal that values him at ~20-30 is over-paying. Especially considering Scrimshaw went for 50 or 60 or whatever, and he's almost as likely to be good/a better player, considering he has no injury issues.
No, they've worked out that it was a neck problem causing the lingering issues, not from concussion. He's been cleared to play on.

We have a great process proven with getting Brayshaw through his issues - technique coaching and medical. I'd back us to get KK up to full speed.

Fine with May and KK for Hogan if it nets us a teens pick, or a couple of picks in the 20s.

36, 46, 54, 62, 65, 91 is a really lousy hand, particularly given the hit to our midfield and forward depth.

No, they've worked out that it was a neck problem causing the lingering issues, not from concussion. He's been cleared to play on.

We have a great process proven with getting Brayshaw through his issues - technique coaching and medical. I'd back us to get KK up to full speed.

I hope so! Would obviously be amazing, definitely want us to get him up and going because he'd be a great inclusion to the team. I'm just wary of over-paying when you consider many of the other deals this trade period...

Nothing else in the pipeline for us Boris? Be pretty disappointing trade period for us the way it’s heading..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is. I mentioned earlier who we were speaking to (but I don’t know the exact details). Honestly this standoff is going to kill everything.

I just realised for the first time. If we lose Hogan and get May. Guess who plays on who when we play Freo (providing Jesse is fit). Grudge match.

Scrimshaw has no injury issues, yes, but there are huge question marks over his work ethic. To the point a whole bunch of clubs supposedly said they wouldn't have drafted at all, whilst Gold Coast took him at 7. Scott Clayton did an absolute number on that place.

There is. I mentioned earlier who we were speaking to (but I don’t know the exact details). Honestly this standoff is going to kill everything.

I just realised for the first time. If we lose Hogan and get May. Guess who plays on who when we play Freo (providing Jesse is fit). Grudge match.
Given Hogan kicked five on May last time we played Gold Coast, I'd rather we stuck Lever on him.

Given Hogan kicked five on May last time we played Gold Coast, I'd rather we stuck Lever on him.

In a 100 point loss, 5 was probably par.
You yourself said midfield pressure is more responsible for defence falling over. Well GC were the worst team in the AFL round 10-23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a 100 point loss, 5 was probably par.
You yourself said midfield pressure is more responsible for defence falling over. Well GC were the worst team in the AFL round 10-23

Was going to say the same thing again mate. Hogan doesn’t kick 5 if GC puts up more resistance.

Kick off was 10am peeps. Bluff week continues.

Scrimshaw has no injury issues, yes, but there are huge question marks over his work ethic. To the point a whole bunch of clubs supposedly said they wouldn't have drafted at all, whilst Gold Coast took him at 7. Scott Clayton did an absolute number on that place.
As they said on TR yesterday, GC had 25-26 players left to choose from for the last few rounds, and he still couldn't get a game ... and his form at NEAFL level was below average for a NEAFL player, let alone an AFL player playing in the NEAFL ... The change of scenery and getting home might be what it takes to kick his career into gear ... but that was going to solve The Toump's issues as well.

People keep saying this... but Hogan kicked 4 and May wasn't playing...

The first time we played them Hogan kicked 3.

May had 8 marks, 21 disposals @ 81% efficiency. As well as 9 one percenters.....

In terms of pure value, May, KK and 23 could end up as bad as the Freo/Hawthorn trade from 01. Hogan will kick 500 goals for Freo. Not that anyone will care if we win a flag, but we are pinning some seriously high hopes on Weideman's finals form. A guy who, in rd 20, was seen as an each way bet to have any sort of good career. I'm very much in favour of ignoring 'winning' trades and doing what suits your list, but trading a young champion like Hogan for so little will definitely leave a sour taste.

The proof will be in the pudding. We've dissected Hogan's game style, form, personality, health and everything else for months. Sometimes you can discuss something so thoroughly that you lose site of what you're even talking about.

Have never forgotten this tweet after he won the RS, and I don't think he's ever really deviated from the trajectory he was on.

May had 8 marks, 21 disposals @ 81% efficiency. As well as 9 one percenters.....

I couldn't be happier you just posted this :D

In terms of pure value, May, KK and 23 could end up as bad as the Freo/Hawthorn trade from 01. Hogan will kick 500 goals for Freo. Not that anyone will care if we win a flag, but we are pinning some seriously high hopes on Weideman's finals form. A guy who, in rd 20, was seen as an each way bet to have any sort of good career. I'm very much in favour of ignoring 'winning' trades and doing what suits your list, but trading a young champion like Hogan for so little will definitely leave a sour taste.

The proof will be in the pudding. We've dissected Hogan's game style, form, personality, health and everything else for months. Sometimes you can discuss something so thoroughly that you lose site of what you're even talking about.

Have never forgotten this tweet after he won the RS, and I don't think he's ever really deviated from the trajectory he was on.

That's rubbish.

Are you saying I shouldn't believe everything I read online?

I couldn't be happier you just posted this :D

As Melbourne fans I find it astounding that people think that someone kicking a bag against Gold Coast is in any way May's fault. Think about how many people kicked bags on Frawley back in the day.

Frawley goes to Hawthorn and shuts Kennedy down. Played a big hand in winning them a premiership.

KPD is a whole different game when you have the right support around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back