Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Part 1 of this discussion is here:

This is part 2 of this discussion.

Part 3 is here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-trade-period-discussion-part-3.1207907/

-======-

I quite liked the look of Lewis Young from the Bulldogs last year. Can take a decent grab down back. I see he's in their reserves now.

Drafted 2016 so I assume that he's in the last year of his initial contract.

Yes I'm biased because he's a Sturt kid.

Which players do people have their eye on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really. You must be suffering from memory loss

Page 377 you posted this:
A late 2nd rounder for Chol and Stengle is fair I reckon. That pick could be a dud for us anyway.

Morning Fog's suggested trade, not that I agree with it, had a suggested pick value of 55/56.......and this was your reply:
I don't think we would do that.You guys will have to find a pick or take Mabior Chol as well and give us a late second rounder.

????????
Yeah I was suggesting about pick 35 for Stengle and Chol.Probably a bit too high in retrospect. Maybe pick 55 for Stengle and pick 65 for Chol would be closer to the mark.That equates to pick 49 for both on the points thingo.Depends on how much you want them.A mid 3rd round pick for both is about right then.Happy now?

Yeah I was suggesting about pick 35 for Stengle and Chol.Probably a bit too high in retrospect. Maybe pick 55 for Stengle and pick 65 for Chol would be closer to the mark.That equates to pick 49 for both on the points thingo.Depends on how much you want them.A mid 3rd round pick for both is about right then.Happy now?

You claimed you suggested 55 when in fact you didn't. You then went on to defend your position about it when in fact it was 35.

Maybe you now understand why people get pissy.

To top it off we have some of our own posters liking a post of yours claiming you suggested 55. I'm sure they feel real bright now reading what you posted above.

You claimed you suggested 55 when in fact you didn't. You then went on to defend your position about it when in fact it was 35.

To top it off we have some of our own posters liking a post of yours claiming you suggested 55. I'm sure they feel real bright now reading what you posted above.
He did say 55 first.

What will you guys give us for Stengle, I rate him above Shai Bolton.I think a pick around 55 would be fair.

He said 55 for Stengle and 37 for both Stengle and Chol.
I think you need to take a break away from the computer and save your energy for the real trolls.

He did suggest #55 for Stengle. Post #9393 in this thread.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We do, definitely, but instead of trying to find out whether your kids are good they go and buy more.

We probably let our guys 'develop' too long but it seems to work
I was being slightly sarcastic mate. We let some brew for too long Ed Doedee

I think it's possible he took a 2 year deal. Stay for the short term and hope you can win a premiership and at the end you're a UFA and can go freely wherever you want if you choose to.
They're saying 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new system of live pick trading might make this agonising for us.

Trade Period starting tomorrow is for shifting players. Pick swaps can be last minute during draft.

Normally we’d put it on Carlton to work with other clubs to arrange a top-7 pick for us for Gov.

But it could all be separated out. We might get picks we’re not impressed with for Gov, say 24, 26 + future 3rd.

Then we may have a Plan A, Plan B, Plan C etc ... pre-negotiated with other clubs depending on how the first picks turn out.

If GC take the King Twins with picks 2-3 we spring Plan A. If Luko & Rankine are gone by then it’s a different tack.

So even if Port jump ahead of us this week, it’s far from over. And on the flip side we won’t know if they’ll gazump us on the night...

But before letting Gov go we’ll want to be certain we’re turning those picks into SOMETHING.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He said 55 for Stengle and 37 for both Stengle and Chol.
I think you need to take a break away from the computer and save your energy for the real trolls.

Both of which are clearly overs for 2 uncontracted players [Rookie Listed] that have collectively played 3 AFL games in their collective 5 years on Richmond's list.

And did I mention in Chol's one and only AFL game in 2016 resulted in 2 disposals 1 mark and 1 clanger.......and missed the last half of the 2018 season with a broken foot?

Would be great to see West Coast screw over Port one last time for 2018
Too late for Lycett. If he was really that great friends with Gaff, he would've sorted this out before the free agency paperwork was lodged.
2 guys in your side on over 1mil kills your cap, unless Gaff did indeed stay for less money.
No way he'd be getting a million or more. As we've all seen from their premiership, they don't need Gaff to win one, so he's not as important as Gov. Probably on 800-900k or something. I doubt his decision to stay is about money or getting a closer offer to North's $1.1mil. He let his team down with what he did (which could've cost them the premiership) and the club has been there for him to help him through it all. He can't turn his back on them now, especially since his reasons to leave weren't homesickness or family related reasons; it was purely gigantic monetary offer.

Both of which are clearly overs for 2 uncontracted players [Rookie Listed] that have collectively played 3 AFL games in their collective 5 years on Richmond's list.

And did I mention in Chol's one and only AFL game in 2016 resulted in 2 disposals 1 mark and 1 clanger.......and missed the last half of the 2018 season with a broken foot?

I agree but I don’t think he’s trying to troll us. 55 for Stengle is at the higher end but not really unreasonable.

After initially thinking the McGovern trade would occur on the last day or so, I now think that it might happen sooner rather than later. This trade would obviously be a very important component in any attempt to maneuver our way into the top-3, and we need (if that's what we are planning) to beat Port to the punch. What do y'all think about the likely timing of the McGovern trade?
October 2019

A pick in the top 5 has been traded every year for the past few years now.

Weller (2)
McCarthy (3)
2016 Pick Swap (2, 3)
Carlisle (5)
Beams (5)
Tyson (2)
2012 Mini Draft Pick Swap (2)
2012 Mini Draft Pick Swap (3)
2011 Mini Draft Pick Swap (4)
2010 Pick Swap (5)

The last time a top 5 pick wasn't traded was 2009

Weller (2)
McCarthy (3)
2016 Pick Swap (2, 3)
Carlisle (5)
Beams (5)
Tyson (2)
2010 Pick Swap (5)

The only one of those players coming in with a top 5 pick that was worth it was Beams and even that’s misleading because he also cost crisp and another pick

In a year of high end talent in the top 5 I can’t see it happening easily if at all

The only one of those players coming in with a top 5 pick that was worth it was Beams and even that’s misleading because he also cost crisp and another pick

In a year of high end talent in the top 5 I can’t see it happening easily if at all
And the only reason the Pies let the contracted Dayne go at all was because his father had terminal cancer which has since got him.

Remember when they signed up Hartlett for 5 years and then tried to offload him only no one wanted him?
Remember when they signed up Wingard on big dollars and then tried to off load him only....
Remember when they signed up Rockliff for 5 years and then tried....

Smart they are not

Biggest f-up was extending Hinkley's contract.

Weller (2)
McCarthy (3)
2016 Pick Swap (2, 3)
Carlisle (5)
Beams (5)
Tyson (2)
2010 Pick Swap (5)

Wow, that list of players. Hindsight is wonderful but Beams is the only one of those that's been worth the pick.

It would be interesting to see what each of those picks was used for to compare player vs player.

But Weller, McCarthy, Carlisle and Tyson are no stars of the comp.

Probably appropriate to post this here, Beama, coach Fagan and half the Brisbane list were just up the road in Horsham yesterday for the great shave off which raised over $50,000 for Breast Cancer Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back