List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Created in 1989. The pre-season draft is a place for any uncontracted players to nominate that missed the AFL draft or who were delisted after the main draft.

Not to be used by the shittest teams to threaten better clubs regarding good players.

FFS

The PSD exists primarily as a run off valve for out of contract players, as a mechanism to ensure the draft and other measures are not seen as illegal restraints

Reid not close to a deal with Western Bulldogs

I reckon the Dogs are having buyers remorse already and are having a sulk.

They’ve gone down a long path with Keath to organise everything and offer a big deal that’s been agreed upon then the injury stuff comes up and then Dougal Howard a better long-term defender option who’ve they’ve had big interest in before becomes available and they’re feeling like they’ve put all their eggs in the wrong basket.

I reckon the Dogs are having buyers remorse already and are having a sulk.

They’ve gone down a long path with Keath to organise everything and offer a big deal that’s been agreed upon then the injury stuff comes up and then Dougal Howard a better long-term defender option who’ve they’ve had big interest in before becomes available and they’re feeling like they’ve put all their eggs in the wrong basket.

Incorrect, they knew about the Keath injury situation both before he nominated for them, and before they offered him his contract.
I don't think there's any buyers remorse at all. Both Bulldogs and their fans and massively keen on Keath, they just want to have their cake and eat it too by keeping pick 13. Just keep in mind that having both Keath and Bruce puts Bulldogs straight into Premiership contention, and they know it. I think they're trying to leave it until the last moment because Adelaide have a fair few deals to go through. Maybe they think we might be desperate towards the end? Who knows!

What i thought was interesting was SOS talking about their discussions with GC and Jack Martin. McClure asked whether if a deal couldn't be organised with GC whether Jack Martin would simply nominate for the PSD. SOS responded with something to the effect of 'well yeah, or unless he can recommit to something with GC'.

It made me realise that we also have the option of simply offering Greenwood his 3rd year, if we can't come to a fair trade with GC. We also have the leverage in that Greenwood has stated many times he is happy to stay in Adelaide, even on less money. It has always been about the length of the contract.

I don't think GC hold all the cards here, that's all.

What i thought was interesting was SOS talking about their discussions with GC and Jack Martin. McClure asked whether if a deal couldn't be organised with GC whether Jack Martin would simply nominate for the PSD. SOS responded with something to the effect of 'well yeah, or unless he can recommit to something with GC'.

It made me realise that we also have the option of simply offering Greenwood his 3rd year, if we can't come to a fair trade with GC. We also have the leverage in that Greenwood has stated many times he is happy to stay in Adelaide, even on less money. It has always been about the length of the contract.

But why would we keep him here, play him in the 2nds, lowering his value for next season

I think we can offer Greenwood the extra year. Ideally though we need to get a heap of these other deals done to free up money and perhaps front load his contract.

For those in the know is there one of our deals holding a few of our other deals up?
Pretty sure from reading this and the rumour thread over the last 2 months, that this year, pretty much no-one is actually ‘in the know’.

Some claim to be, only to be caught out for seeing imaginary meetings with Essendon players grabbing imaginary coffees in imaginary Glenelg based Cafe’s!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure from reading this and the rumour thread over the last 2 months, that this year, pretty much no-one is actually ‘in the know’.

Some claim to be, only to be caught out for seeing imaginary Essendon players grabbing imaginary coffees in imaginary Glenelg based Cafe’s!
I shall call Henley Beach "imaginary Glenelg" from now on!! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back