Autopsy 2019 AFLX Discussion Thread (Billings, Membrey, Steele, Gresham playing)

Remove this Banner Ad

A bunch of grown men getting overly excited about rock, paper, scissors.

I really don't understand it.

They must be getting paid pretty well to turn up and play tonight.

They should have made it a simple system for people from overseas who it is meant toppqal to.
Every sport involves learning rules. Read it once and you know it all.
The mark from super goal range and game changer are pretty unnecessary but I think they are still pretty simple.

Curious to see what rules they keep when they actually try to push overseas and what is just to try to pump up these matches though.

Its called having fun with blokes they only ever play against after a tough pre season and a tougher season to come.

Also 5k in the kick.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the captains are getting 50k they must be getting north or 25k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was ordinary enough even when we had our own team to watch and support in this kick to kick format, but without that, it's just lame. At the very least last year I had the impression they were attempting to create a legitimate alternative format, but this year it's contrived marvel super hero whacky crap with beanbags and super duper lightning bolt names. What a crock of s**t. I'd rather watch my guinea pig toss-off in his hutch.

most of us gracing the forums are 30+. i feel like its a generic initial position for people our age to hate anything that is new and very confronting. Given how much AFL has changed since most of us remember it in the glory days of the 90s, this initially felt like an additional kick in the teeth and a further step away from what true footy should be.

reflecting on it further throughout the week my hatred subsided and i enjoyed it for what it was.

unfortunately the footy we loved and remembered is long gone.

This is something different, which will attract a certain type of audience. The real concern is why the afl felt they had to roll this out to compete with crickets BBL.

unfortunately one of the things that i ridiculed most about AFLX (the rock paper scissors), was probably the biggest highlight :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back