• Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Luke Shuey (West Coast Eagles)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Other (post it)

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is so much football analysis and replays and live footy now. We literally hear about Yeo and Fyfe and Neale and young guns like McLuggage and Andrews and first year potential starts like Rozee, etc. every week.
You might be right in general but just going on Bigfooty and general chitter chatter it seems like Neale isn't talked about in the way I'd think given what he's capable of every week. Maybe he just flies under the radar compared to some, IDK.

You might be right in general but just going on Bigfooty and general chitter chatter it seems like Neale isn't talked about in the way I'd think given what he's capable of every week. Maybe he just flies under the radar compared to some, IDK.

I honestly don't recall hearing much about him when he was at Freo.

I honestly don't recall hearing much about him when he was at Freo.

He's always been geographically challenged

Danger will most likely win it. 9 votes in the last 3 weeks surely while Fyfe will get 0 in last 2 weeks. I have Danger winning by 2 ahead of Fyfe.

My predicted top 10

1. Patrick Dangerfield 28
2. Nat Fyfe 26
3. Tim Kelly 25
4. Lachie Neale 25
5. Dustin Martin 24
6. Marcus Bontempelli 24
7. Brodie Grundy 23
8. Adam Treloar 23
9. Zach Merrett 23
10. Jack Macrae 21

Danger will most likely win it. 9 votes in the last 3 weeks surely while Fyfe will get 0 in last 2 weeks. I have Danger winning by 2 ahead of Fyfe.

My predicted top 10

1. Patrick Dangerfield 28
2. Nat Fyfe 26
3. Tim Kelly 25
4. Lachie Neale 25
5. Dustin Martin 24
6. Marcus Bontempelli 24
7. Brodie Grundy 23
8. Adam Treloar 23
9. Zach Merrett 23
10. Jack Macrae 21
Lol.

If Cripps isn't top 10 I'll eat Andrew Walker's hat.

Lol.

If Cripps isn't top 10 I'll eat Andrew Walker's hat.

I have him on 20 votes. Only gets 3 BOG's. Carlton just lost too many games early and when they started winning games later on he had some quiet ones plus missed 2 games.

I think Dangerfield win will it, had really good back end to the season. and some of the other contenders fell away at the end.

The only question will be is how much votes did Kelly & Ablett take off him.

Because right now Kelly is predicted to poll 24 votes by champion data & Ablett polling 8 votes... C'mon Ablett will get more than that he always polls well.

I think Fyfe will win it, but I like Bont's odds. He has won the Herald Sun player of the year, the AFL Nation player of the year and runner up in the Age player of the year. He will also shortly be announced as the AFL coaches player of the year.

I think Dangerfield win will it, had really good back end to the season. and some of the other contenders fell away at the end.

The only question will be is how much votes did Kelly & Ablett take off him.

Because right now Kelly is predicted to poll 24 votes by champion data & Ablett polling 8 votes... C'mon Ablett will get more than that he always polls well.

do you have a copy of champion datas count?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is all the old guns Dusty/Danger/Fyfe. Dusty could get the most votes, with Danger winning the medal

It's a pretty good omen that the AFL did not suspend Bontempelli for the high, late bump which broke Nick Haynes' larynx and ended his season. Anyone else would've definitely been suspended. But the AFL Media's Cone of Silence instantly went up. The reporting on the incident and the MRP/tribunal farce which followed was very tame.

Can you imagine the hysteria if it had been Toby Greene or James Sicily who did that?

Maybe the AFL know something we don't?

(I never did believe that whole charade they go through with the sealed envelopes and locked box. You'd have to be gullible to think Gill and friends don't know the result beforehand and feather their nests with some sneaky sidebets)

Brownlow tip:
1st: Dangerfield, Bontempelli and Neale tied on 26 votes
4th: Fyfe and Cripps tied on 25 votes

It's a pretty good omen that the AFL did not suspend Bontempelli for the high, late bump which broke Nick Haynes' larynx and ended his season. Anyone else would've definitely been suspended. But the AFL Media's Cone of Silence instantly went up. The reporting on the incident and the MRP/tribunal farce which followed was very tame.

Can you imagine the hysteria if it had been Toby Greene or James Sicily who did that?

Maybe the AFL know something we don't?

(I never did believe that whole charade they go through with the sealed envelopes and locked box. You'd have to be gullible to think Gill and friends don't know the result beforehand and feather their nests with some sneaky sidebets)

Brownlow tip:
1st: Dangerfield, Bontempelli and Neale tied on 26 votes
4th: Fyfe and Cripps tied on 25 votes
Poor post. Bont was never going to be suspended for a hit like that and no one suggested he should have been until the Giants medical report came out late. Haynes played out the game, there was no reason for the AFL to suspend Bont seeing that the hit didn’t meet the criteria required to suspend someone.

Hey folks! So I’m a bit of a sucker for a spreadsheet and stats, every week for every game of the H&A season I’ve allocated votes in my own Brownlow Predictor. I did it mainly for myself to sit down on Brownlow night and see how I go, but I thought I may as well share it! Click the link to our website below and check it out, much love!

CAE8981D-8948-48F0-B510-F9FC7F465B5C.jpeg

8A43FFBE-67C5-47A7-BA12-0BFF4DE54519.jpeg

346FEFB2-BA40-4D9E-AB03-79F23FA68A95.jpeg

Pre-Season my picks

Premiership - Collingwood
Coleman - Cameron
Brownlow - Tim Kelly or Coniglio

Will stick with T Kelly as I did a while ago now. He faded a lot, but * it. Will roll with it.

Neale, Fyfe are huge chances. Maybe Danger also and Bont ( the latter more than the former )

I think it's wide open this year. All of the following wouldn't surprise me if they won:

Danger
Neale
Fyfe
Bontempelli
Cripps

Danger, Fyfe and Bont in particular all have great 3 vote stat histories. So makes it very interesting, could all poll more than predicted with the way they garner interest from umpires.

I think it's wide open this year. All of the following wouldn't surprise me if they won:

Danger
Neale
Fyfe
Bontempelli
Cripps
I'll be very surprised if Cripps wins it. Had an inconsistent 2nd half of the year and missed two games due to an injured foot. Carried that niggle ever since he came back.

Danger, Fyfe and Bont in particular all have great 3 vote stat histories. So makes it very interesting, could all poll more than predicted with the way they garner interest from umpires.
They tend to stick out more due to unique game styles and flashy characteristics (Fyfe and Bont with their hair in particular). Seem to always remember each of them getting 3 votes even when they weren't the obvious choice from a statistical/TV perspective.

Back