Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Who would be your early leans for 2019? If you had to tip one bloke to win it, what would your early forecast be? I think my money would be on Clayton Oliver from the Dees. Good player, gets plenty of ball, and the Dees should be right up there at the business end so I think he'd be the fave for me at this stage.

Dusty and Danger will go at it again if they remain injury free/on the park. Maybe Gaff as he'll be roaring to go after such a disappointing end to this season and the heartache of missing a flag. Someone from the Pies too and Coniglio from GWS will be cherry ripe.

Cripps my guess. I think Oliver is the better player but will share votes more with his teamates.

Guys like Cripps and Mitchell are given roles to be their teams prime in and under mid. Doesn't mean they're not great players in their own right, but it's an advantage in Brownlow voting.

Martin and Fyfe both a chance on sheer class and ability, if they are fully fit for the season.

If Carlton manage to win 4-5 games, Cripps looks really good. Already a proven vote getter, in a side that won 2 games.

IF Sloane, Gibbs, and Brad Crouch can stay fit then Matt Crouch is good value at $34

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Goey.

Will undoubtedly play the 2019 season with a helmet on and get a bunch of votes accordingly- ala; Angus Brayshaw.
TBH, he was the first player that sprung to mind and gut feel was that he would take it too. But mids usually get it and JDG plays as a forward.

I like your pick though.

Josh Kelly (GWS) if he gets over this groin injury would be a shout. Same with Fyfe and his knee.

The umps seem to froff Brayshaw, so he might actually be the best shout for us. They don't seem to recgonise Clayton Oliver for his brilliance.

Fyfe if he plays 20 games fully fit is close to unbeatable.

problem is injury + suspension makes it pretty unlikely. Fyfe was suspended in 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2018. And he should have been suspended in 2015. Only played 5 games in 2016. Of the top line players he has comfortably the worst record, just seems to blew a fuse 2/3 times a season.

If Oliver couldn't finish in the top 10 in 2018 when he already had a breakout 2017 then he just isn't an umpires pick. Well worthy of a top 10 placing for me, I had him top 3, ccouldn't buy a vote.

Mitchell, Cripps, Fyfe, Dusty, Dangerfield. Raffle the best season for them. I`ll say 1. Fyfe 2. Martin 3. Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back