2019 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Not beyond possibility that we are strong out of the blocks and are 3-3 after 6 rounds. Even 4-2. Port and Collingwood don't terrify me at the Gabba. North at Marvel likewise.

4-2 would be "lid off" territory for me.

Not beyond possibility that we are strong out of the blocks and are 3-3 after 6 rounds. Even 4-2. Port and Collingwood don't terrify me at the Gabba. North at Marvel likewise.

If we are 3-3 after 6 rounds (especially given how challenging they'll be) it will put us in a fantastic position.

Imagine if we are 3-1 heading into the Collingwood game at the Gabba.

Absolutely will rival the crowd in 09 against Carlton.

My son and I are making 2 interstate trips this year.

Round 4 v Bombers at the MCG, going to go early and stay late for a couple of other games as well.

Round 10 v Dockers at Optus Stadium, I haven't been to Perth since 1983, the games on 3.20pm Sunday local time, we're thinking of going over early Saturday to have a look around, any Perth residents on here who could suggest a couple of things to do on the Saturday and Sunday before the game? Something you could use public transport to get to would be good if possible.

Flights are reasonably cheap ATM we can get return flights for both trips for $850 each.

Best thing to do for cheap flights to Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney (from Brisbane or Coolangatta for SYD/MEL) is to wait until t*ger have a sale, then see if Jetstar has a flight within the hour then pricematch it. Managed to do all 22 games in 2017 and paid about 1.7k in flights doing so (could have been a lot cheaper but only took four days off work doing it (three for Launny) so meant a lot of Friday night/Sat morning flights down and Sunday night flights up)

Best thing to do for cheap flights to Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney (from Brisbane or Coolangatta for SYD/MEL) is to wait until t*ger have a sale, then see if Jetstar has a flight within the hour then pricematch it. Managed to do all 22 games in 2017 and paid about 1.7k in flights doing so (could have been a lot cheaper but only took four days off work doing it (three for Launny) so meant a lot of Friday night/Sat morning flights down and Sunday night flights up)
Legend. Great commitment doing this for a wooden spoon team!

Can you link your post about the most economical way to get from the airport to the ground?

That name change is going to take a while to get used to.

It's a hidious name.
I actually don’t care that much. I grew u0 on Marvel comics in the 80s and 90s. I have a huge soft spot for the characters and universe of that time. The movies have been fun and the best shot at superhero films bar Nolan’s Dark Knight films. I am just weirded out by my youthful nerdiness merging with the footy of my mature years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I miss the Telstra Dome tbh
I miss just calling it "The Dome" as a non-commercial name. I just call it Docklands nowadays as it's easier than remembering the commercial name every time stadium name changes sponsors. Same with Kardinia Park and the old Subiaco Oval

I miss just calling it "The Dome" as a non-commercial name. I just call it Docklands nowadays as it's easier than remembering the commercial name every time stadium name changes sponsors. Same with Kardinia Park and the old Subiaco Oval
In general yes, but “Goomba” at least seems acceptable as an alternative name for Kardinia

Waste of time, me reading the fixtures. The only way I know which state we are playing in is by whose name is first.

What, you don't know who Marvel or something or GASMDA or whatever else is either?

I had a choice of going out with friends tonight or staying a home being a hermit & having a crack at the ladder predictor.

I regret nothing.

Here is my (yes, optimistic as usual) rundown. I'll keep it short & sweet.

R1: Home vs WC. Loss. Courageous 20pt loss.
R2: Away vs Norf. Loss. Standard away loss to Norf. 20pt.
R3: Home vs Port. WIN. Top up didn't work, time for a rebuild Port. 20pts.
R4: Away vs Ess. Loss. Not expecting any upset this year. Bombers too tough at home 30pts. (can't be arsed predicting margins from here on in).
R5: Home vs Coll. WIN. Tipping an upset here. We lost to them last year because Beams' heart was always Collingwood. 31 Touches 2 Goals. Bastard.
R6: Away vs Suns. WIN. With an average age of 18.1 the suns will find it hard to win a game this year. Any early season spirit will be gone by Round 6.
R7: Home vs Syd. WIN. Been too long since we took them down. Downward trajectory for the swans with many ageing stars.
R8: Away vs WB. WIN. A game many wouldn't expect us to win. But the dogs are leaking players & don't seem particularly united.
R9: Home vs Crows. WIN. Another mini upset sure. But if Burton is still at the Crows they'll probably be down to about 10 fit players by round 9.
R10: Away vs Freo. WIN. Meh, it's only Freo. Sure they've got Lobbe & Hogan. But Lyon coaches such a s**t style of footy, he'll play them in the backline.
R11: Home vs Hawks. BIG WIN. They are so much our bunnies, we should make things a little more even by playing our NEAFL side.
R12: Away vs Blues. WIN. By round 12 Carlton will be a tough battle with GC for pick 1 in the draft, they wouldn't want to risk it by beating us.
R13: Bye. 9 & 3. No surely not. Place your bets now. We're a sure thing.
R14: Away vs Saints. WIN. With a caretaker coach now in charge the wheels have fallen off the Saints. Billy Longer still can't get a game.
R15: Home vs Dees. WIN. A line in the ground game. Steven May has no impact on the game as he isn't allowed to take Steph Martin out..
R16: Away vs GWS. Loss. This isn't a fairytale guys. We will lose the outlier ;)
R17: Away vs Port. Loss. Who the hell designed this fixture. Why was Swanny so happy about it. Dylan12 was right.
R18: Home vs Norf: WIN. Enough of losing to this top up club. From now on we put the boner into shinboner.
R19: Away vs Hawks. WIN. Yes another win. This one will hurt even more, after we pick up Cyril in the mid season draft. (is that a thing next year?).
R20: Home vs Dogs. WIN. A spirited performance by the dogs with Schache having a set shot after the siren to salute his team mates. Oh no. He misses everything.
R21: Home vs Suns. WIN. A poor two running performance by the suns (they all seem to have emulated their coach it seems) leads to a big loss.
R22: Home vs Cats. WIN. No miracle on grass required. Matho best on ground after giving Selwood a lesson on ducking.
R23: Away vs Tigers. Loss. Bugger.

End of home & away position 6th:
Finals exit: Semi Final vs Richmond.

Thanks for reading.
Time to bump this prediction and admit I might have got it a little wrong... only in terms of our win loss record in the first four rounds.

Time to bump this prediction and admit I might have got it a little wrong... only in terms of our win loss record in the first four rounds.

You had a crack Bangy, can't ask for more than that! Mind you, I'll add that I do like the rest of your predictions with the positive Round 1 result added to our win/loss column :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back