Prediction 2024 Fixture Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time Hawks played at The Gabba? Been a few years they’ve played at Gabba been Tassie than Melbourne at the MCG. Next year it’s Melbourne at Marvel Stadium.

first QClash next year is a Sunday night game at The Gabba 7:10pm.

AFL 2024 fixture difficulty (from easiest to hardest)

Based on the 2023 percentage of the teams they play twice in 2024

1. Gold Coast Suns

2. North Melbourne

3. West Coast Eagles

4. St Kilda

5. Geelong

6. Richmond

7. Fremantle

8. Essendon

9. Melbourne

10. Western Bulldogs

11. Carlton

12. GWS Giants

13. Adelaide Crows

14. Hawthorn

15. Collingwood

16. Sydney Swans

17. Port Adelaide

18. Brisbane Lions
Hardly surprising, 3 interstate clubs with the hardest draws and 5 in the top 7 whilst the AFLs love child the Suns with all the concessions and everything else get the easiest whilst also manipulating the draw so North, the beneficiary or every other generous hand out are also looked after.

The sooner we go to each team playing each other once with a rivalry round or whatever, the better.

Home games against Geelong and Richmond should be wins. Expect both to struggle next year. We were overdue to play Eagles in Perth. Just as Hawks were overdue to play us in Brissy - once again they don't. Hawthorn would have played around two games in Brisbane in last 6/7 years I reckon. That said much more happy to play Hawks at Marvel than MCG.

Some teams will surprise and improve others will unexpectedly fall away. So hard to rate draw, although it looks tough and playing in SA and WA so often doesn't help. A squad with good depth always comes in handy in such times. I feel we have that.

Seriously; the theatre of what?

Is this the same theatre they think trade periods have; just so you can hear some nobody from one club to move to another club; for who this theatre is for, I have no idea.
Yep. It's why they do it. Given they and the media publishers get to see the numbers, apparently more are keen on it than not for some reason. Or AFL fans are all just media addicts, which is probably true too.

Fantastic home game draw.
It is with a big FU to the Melbourne fans with how spread out it is. Have to wait about 6 weeks for the first game, followed by another 6 week gap and then a 2 month gap between games 3 and 4. Hard to get the next generation of Lions kids in Melbourne interested if this is the new normal. Does the club even fight for this and wasn’t there some merger agreement of 6!games down there or am I mistaken?

Does the club even fight for this and wasn’t there some merger agreement of 6!games down there or am I mistaken?
The club raises it as one of their scheduling requests every year. The AFL ignores it every year.

Home games against Geelong and Richmond should be wins. Expect both to struggle next year. We were overdue to play Eagles in Perth. Just as Hawks were overdue to play us in Brissy - once again they don't. Hawthorn would have played around two games in Brisbane in last 6/7 years I reckon. That said much more happy to play Hawks at Marvel than MCG.

Some teams will surprise and improve others will unexpectedly fall away. So hard to rate draw, although it looks tough and playing in SA and WA so often doesn't help. A squad with good depth always comes in handy in such times. I feel we have that.
Seeing it easier use the fixture
Select Gabba Hawks since 2017 we played them twice at Gabba. Only years double up.
2018 and 2019 Gabba
2017,18,19,21,22 Tassie
20 and 23 MCG

The club raises it as one of their scheduling requests every year. The AFL ignores it every year.
correct I beat another interstate team plays 6-7 again this year
Even Geelong is somewhere I drive to
Was thinking Gather round although 4:40pm on a Friday :(

Crows 4 plus Geelong
GWS 4 plus Geelong
Swans 6
Dockers 5
Eagles 5 plus Geelong
Suns 5
Port 5 plus Geelong

If you add Geelong most sides 5-6 :( So much for Melb supporters

Last edited:
3 trips to Adelaide again, why?

2 trips to Perth.

Pretty rough. I'd be surprised if any other team has 5 trips to SA and WA.

QClash Sunday night before the QLD Public Holiday is well overdue though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL 2024 fixture difficulty (from easiest to hardest)

Based on the 2023 percentage of the teams they play twice in 2024

1. Gold Coast Suns - bottom 6

2. North Melbourne - bottom 6

3. West Coast Eagles - bottom 6

4. St Kilda - middle 6

5. Geelong - middle 6 (just)

6. Richmond - bottom 6

7. Fremantle - bottom 6

8. Essendon - middle 6

9. Melbourne - top 6

10. Western Bulldogs - middle 6

11. Carlton - top 6

12. GWS Giants - top 6

13. Adelaide Crows - middle 6

14. Hawthorn - bottom 6

15. Collingwood - top 6

16. Sydney Swans - middle 6

17. Port Adelaide - top 6

18. Brisbane Lions - top 6

Got to feel for Hawthorn and Sydney more than any. Rest are fairly interchangeable.

As a VIC member I would have preferred an additional game in Melbourne, ideally at the MCG. Otherwise I've got no complaints about the draw. For double ups, we missed out on being premiers by 4 points - no one's getting an easy ride from there.
2 trips to Perth - the first on the back of a 9-day break follow by the bye, the second 7-day break either side of home games.
The only real back-to-back travel round is gather round-4 into Melbourne round-5. We've got back-to-back games at Marvel, but this is either side of the second bye.
We open the season at home, we end the season at home.

pretty good!

3 trips to Adelaide again, why?

2 trips to Perth.

Pretty rough. I'd be surprised if any other team has 5 trips to SA and WA.

QClash Sunday night before the QLD Public Holiday is well overdue though.

Yeah, those 5 trips is a bit of a stitch up. 1 more game at the MCG and it would probably be an ok fixture.

Broadly speaking the harder games are at home so if we play well we have a chance to really go well. I don;t think it's as hard as rated.
Yep, good chance to go undefeated or close to it at the Gabba again in 2024.

If we can win 10-11 of our home games it means if we win 6-7 of our 12 away fixtures we are top 4 certainties and a good chance of top 2 again.

My interest in AFL seemed to fall off a cliff when the final siren went GF day . I suppose some enthusiasm might return when the season starts.

The draw seems much the same as our draw every year since we showed some success and we have a bit of a sook about the same things .

So obviously it won't be changing any time soon.

Seriously; the theatre of what?

Is this the same theatre they think trade periods have; just so you can hear some nobody from one club to move to another club; for who this theatre is for, I have no idea.

The excitement as each game is announced has been a highlight for me this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back