Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* s**t ahow the fwds are this year. Thanks again for not making bont a fwd like he should have been *heads.. Not even confident on dev anymore after reading the left him in the fwd for the entire game. Still think he will be on ball for most of year but hesitant to start him now.

Im not sold on telly either but he may be the best of a bad bunch to pick for f3 not to mention we prob need an f4 as well given the rookie options also. Not sure wt to do.

Last edited:
Aside from Danger and Heeney, forwards look so crap to me as well

Devon Smith's putrid JLT performances put a line through him.
Walters looks like he could be good
Greene plays tonight, let's see how he looks.

Currently rolling with
Danger, Heeney, Billings, Greene, 4x rookies

Hoping for a few decent forward rookies

Last edited:

Fmd things are worse than I thought when people are resorting to greene and billings.:poo:
Yepppp

The only 2 premos I like are Danger and Heeney
out of the ~$400k lot, Billings is the most appealing option imo
If Greene plays a full game scores well tonight, he is a must have imo

Yepppp

The only 2 premos I like are Danger and Heeney
out of the ~$400k lot, Billings is the most appealing option imo
If Greene plays a full game scores well tonight, he is a must have imo

Greene could double ton tonight and I still prob wont pick him. Injury prone headcase that ****ed me before. Id rather be ****ed by someone new. Same reason I cant pick billings.

Watching worpel closely given his price and apparent certainty of role to use as a stepping stone. Once I can figure out who the real top scorers will be this year. But will prob just stick with telly.

Jesus christ, no ******* chance i start with Billings and Greene.

My hair is doing a fine enough job falling out by itself without these 2 causing me to rip out chunks. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

Add walters to that list. Plenty of other options to dissapoint us in new and exciting ways. Also * bevo.

Greene is in my team because who else is there for F4?
No way I'm comfortable with a rookie, even if we get enough rookies named they are s**t scorers so 2 on field is more than enough.
Can't afford a premo, especially if I'm trying to fit Gawn in if no Preuss named.
Whirlpool and Barfshit nah.

Greene is in my team because who else is there for F4?
No way I'm comfortable with a rookie, even if we get enough rookies named they are s**t scorers so 2 on field is more than enough.
Can't afford a premo, especially if I'm trying to fit Gawn in if no Preuss named.
Whirlpool and Barfshit nah.

For me getting a decent f4 is almost entirely dependant on how roberton and smith go with weeked. Hopefully they look like being able to hold down d3 and d4 early in the season.

Or could downgrade piggy, macrae and gawn but damn they're sexy.

Why are Newnes and Dahlhaus not in this discussion? Boak is a sneaky outsider too.

I don't watch alot of Saints games.

Newnes hasn't missed a game in 5 years yet his average dropped by 20.
I'm going to assume that was a role change.

Boak is on the watch list, if he can average 85ish as a half forward, he's going 90-98 as a pure mid.

Boak....

ztdegx49xwa01.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Greene just gets it done tonight. ...currently sitting at F3:fearful:.
got a bank of 145k with the option to turn Libba into Walsh if i need more cash.
..just cant decise who to go with up front.
so much pending rookies...
Greene at F3 is a bridge too far for me. If anything happens you could be fielding 4 fwd rookies, assuming there's even 6 named round 1.

Greene at F3 is a bridge too far for me. If anything happens you could be fielding 4 fwd rookies, assuming there's even 6 named round 1.
Agree with this

Greene at F4 is perfect if he does well tonight. Forward rookies are usually the worst of the lot (both for scoring potential and job security)

Yep!...not the best looking/feeling fwd line I have ever started with, but if it pays off could go a long way to stuffing my wallet wit 50k.
will probably pull out just in time...:cool:
with the bank I have I will probs end up with a Kelly/Mundy type. see how Greene does tonight!
...just hope he plays more than a half of footy!

Jesus christ, no ******* chance i start with Billings and Greene.

My hair is doing a fine enough job falling out by itself without these 2 causing me to rip out chunks. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
My current F3 & F4.

90+ avg easily.

You guys talking about Caleb Daniel, decided to see what the fuss is about

last 4 games of 2018 + JLT 1:
Averaged 30.6 touches and 102.4 SC points

1552011402752.png

Everyone worrying about F3 - I`d think Gray and Menegola are safe top 10 average forwards to start. Might drop in value etc yes, but they are just very capable SC players. They've also scored well without being pure mids. A lot less risk around them than the talls (Hawkins, Westhoff, Buddy, McDonald), and the guys who score best as mids (Smith, Dunkley, McLean).

What’s people’s thoughts on Josh Kennedy @$397k and Tom McDonald @$529k?

McDonald a fantastic POD. As far as KF go he`s fairly consistent and does not rely on bags of goals to save his score - can score well with 0 or 1 goals.

including finals he had 2 scores below 80, 8 scores above 100 (including the average boosting 164 and 135 you need to see), and 10 games between 80-100 which is his ‘stock score’. He should probably get more goals this year without Hogan, but he also goes up the wing which means in his 0 and 1 goal games he still scores alright (93, 90, 80, 103, 39 = 81 av for his worst goalkicking games). His 39 also came the week after he was in doubt after copping a huge knock and having lung bruising from the week before, and only playing 73% TOG (he is a 90%+ mostly).

Everyone worrying about F3 - I`d think Gray and Menegola are safe top 10 average forwards to start. Might drop in value etc yes, but they are just very capable SC players. They've also scored well without being pure mids. A lot less risk around them than the talls (Hawkins, Westhoff, Buddy, McDonald), and the guys who score best as mids (Smith, Dunkley, McLean).
Kelly, Mundy, Dunkley, Gray, Menegola and Smith are all going to be in that top 10 range and go 95+ for the year.

Don't think it matters that much which one you pick. Probably just the one you think will be the most consistent one is the way to go for F3.

Kelly, Mundy, Dunkley, Gray, Menegola and Smith are all going to be in that top 10 range and go 95+ for the year.

Don't think it matters that much which one you pick. Probably just the one you think will be the most consistent one is the way to go for F3.

I do think Dunkley and Smith may have less certainty because there is more of a reliance on midfield time for them.

I do think Dunkley and Smith may have less certainty because there is more of a reliance on midfield time for them.
They will get their chances throughout the year, so I can still see them being decent year long picks picking from Rd1 - you just have to stick with them. But those guys, along with someone like Gray will be more susceptible to highs and lows, so could be picked up cheaper hence pick the one you think will be most consistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back