Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He single handedly kept us in the WCE final when the rest of the side didn't turn up, at his best with us he was being touted (at the time) as the best/most influential forward in the game. His best is very, very good.

Although with a more mature Marshall and Ryder playing more forward with Lcyett he is not as big as a loss he would have otherwise have been.

He could have single handedly won us the final but his innacuracy in front of goal stopped that from happening. He vowed to not let that happen again and then went into 2018 with the worst yips he's ever had.

In excited about having Marshall back. I think Charlie's physical presence will be missed bit hopefully Todd's smarts is enough for him to navigate the forward line and be damaging without Charlie there.

He could have single handedly won us the final but his innacuracy in front of goal stopped that from happening. He vowed to not let that happen again and then went into 2018 with the worst yips he's ever had.

In excited about having Marshall back. I think Charlie's physical presence will be missed bit hopefully Todd's smarts is enough for him to navigate the forward line and be damaging without Charlie there.

If he wasn’t having to carry the side maybe he would have nailed them, and if the Midfeild didn’t get smashed by a couple of blokes who had just 1 game left in them it wouldn’t have mattered. Exhaustion has a big impact on you accuracy.

Agreed missing Dixon’s physicallity but if our Midfeild steps up and we get a faster game plan and quality entry’s I50 Marshall and Ryder/Lycett should be enough up forward until we get Dixon back.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-14/star-power-forward-dixon-could-be-there-in-round-one

"He went to the surgeon last Thursday in Sydney and his opinion was he should be available to play in round one if things progress the way they are

Power star Robbie Gray this week withdrew from next week's realestate.com.au AFLX tournament due to knee soreness

Rob had a cleanout in his knee after last season and we're just managing him. We always manage him really carefully, he had a significant knee injury six or seven years ago. It was a horrible one. So we're very mindful of that," he said.

Meanwhile, young Port midfielder Joe Atley has had a minor arthroscopy on his left knee and will miss the JLT Community Series.

He is expected to be out of action for four-to-six weeks.

Caught a snippet of MMM this morning where they had Ebo on as a guest. They asked whether Riley Grundy would play in the internal trial (which was a bit odd in itself, not sure a rookie listed player's availability for an internal trial is newsworthy), they then asked specifically about this "infection" which Ebo couldnt (or wouldnt) really answer. Seemed to me they were insinuating it is something else. I presume they believe this is the player that "tore the hammy from the bone" waterskiing.
So obviously Port’s behind the scenes heated discussions with the ambassadors has fallen on deaf ears.

We are definitely not a good enough side to “not miss” Dixon.

He is in our top 5 players for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the first injury list of the year will be out in the next week or 2.

Hayes, Wines, Dixon, Atley, Hartlett, McKenzie, R.Gray, Grundy, Farrell, Houston all didn't play in the intra-club.

(As well as Maggies players like Proude, Makoi, Mahney, Smith, Edwards, Hill, Crompton, Davis, Finnie and North)

Won't happen imo. Round 4 at the earliest. Conditioning reasons, not soreness/injury reasons.

Hopefully, we don't see him busting his gut up the wing too much this year, rather he stays closer to goals, does anybody know if this is a plan? I actually think it's probably better for his foot too, as in no push it by gut running all day long.

Ollie Wines and Charlie Dixon are both highly unlikely to be fit for round one. Wines is set to return from a shoulder injury between rounds 3-4, while Dixon's recovery from a broken leg and high ankle sprain is taking longer than expected. Robbie Gray should play some part in the JLT Community Series, as will half-back flanker Hamish Hartlett in his return from a torn ACL. Dan Houston and Kane Farrell, who were both rested from the Power's intra-club trial last Friday, should be available for the JLT Series. Defender Trent McKenzie will play his first game back from shoulder surgery as an over-age player in the under-23 game against Adelaide on Saturday.- Lee Gaskin

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 11.51.48 am.png

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-21/the-full-afl-injury-list-preseason-update

Last edited:
Is it illness or infection.

One points to being unwell. the other almost points to a minor mishap with surgery... :moustache:

What? Illness can be caused by infection. It's a broad term that means anything invasive to the body is an 'infection', which can come from literally anything. Eating food, viruses etc. Very little connotation to being relevant to surgery specifically.

What? Illness can be caused by infection. It's a broad term that means anything invasive to the body is an 'infection', which can come from literally anything. Eating food, viruses etc. Very little connotation to being relevant to surgery specifically.
Just poking fun at the fact people think it was him who was rumoured to have 'pulled his hamstring off the bone'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back