Analysis 2019 Interesting Stats. How the Saints look compared to other teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well interesting to me .

StKilda's Highest rated player is Jack Steven (42nd) Jack Steele ( 55th in the AFL ) similar to Wines and well ahead of Seb ( 67thth).
( Yeah i know this rating system is crap ).

The player with the highest average Free Kicks per game in the AFL is Jack Steven on 3.8 Next Saints are Lonie and Longer on 2.
Free kicks away , Darragh Joyce is 3rd in the AFL ( 3.5 /game ) behind Billy Framton and Mumford. Probably not a good thing in defence. 10th in the league for Clangers.

Edited on 30/5 : Some of the stats have changed more than the latest round would have suggested. Something weird going on in AFL stat land . )
Seems to make more sense now though.

Seb is second in the AFL in Bounces per game, behind Bachar Houli. Does that mean he's actually pretty good at finding space?

Nathan Brown leads the AFL in 1% ers and in spoils . 10th in the AFL for disposal efficiency. ( Battle and McKenzie are 22nd Wilkie 24th ).

Darragh Joyce spends the most time on ground of any Saint. 20th in the AFL

Our highest average disposals per game goes to Jack Billings , 34th in the AFL.

Seb gets more kicks than Billings though. 33rd in the AFL, and 11th for inside 50's.

Savage is our best rebounder out of the back 50, 38th in the AFL. Geary next 42nd.

Savage also has the most effective kicks of the Saints , 24th in the AFL and 20th for Meters Gained.

Ed Phillips, Josh Battle and Nathan Brown are 13th, 15th and 17th in the AFL for kicking efficiency.

Billings is 27th in the AFL for effective disposals per game. Possibly a better rating than disposal efficiency.

Dunstan has snuck up to 25th for contested possessions, just below Patrick Dangerfield.

Joyce is 12th in the AFL for intercept possessions, 3rd for contested defence 1 on 1's. if he can work on those free's and clangers......

Gresham is our best at ( i assume its possessions FROM turnovers, not turning it over ) turnover possessions. 16th in the AFL. 28th at ground ball gets.

Sinclair , 17th in the AFL at ground ball gets inside the 50. ( Kent and Lonie now showing at 78th and 79 ).

Gresham 23rd and Dunstan are 38th for centre clearances per game. Dunstan is 18th for total clearances.

Dunstan is 15th in the AFL for stoppage clearances.

Pierce is 15th in the AFL at hitouts to advantage. ( ahead of McEvoy ). But are the 2 more than Marshall gets enough to make a difference.

Battle takes more marks than any other Saint , 34th. (6.5 per game ).

Membrey is 10th in the AFL for marks inside 50. Kent , 37th gets more than Bruce. Membrey is 13th for marks on the lead.

LOL. Bruce (9th ) is ahead of Marsh and Longer are 11th and 12th for contested marks per game.

LoL Longer is also great at intercept marks per game. 6th. ( stats don't work in small samples ). Our next McKenzie ,Geary and Battle are in the 50s.

Membrey is in the top 14th for goal kicking , 2 per game .

Lonie is 15th in the AFL for behinds, averaging 1.3 per game.

Young and Kent are 17th and 18th for goal assists per game.

Battle , Paton , and Phillips have 100% goal accuracy. Marshall has 80%.

Seb is leading the club for score involvements per game, 35th in the AFL.

Steele is 4th in the AFL for tackles per game. 13th for Pressure Acts.

Lonie is 24th in the AFL for tackles inside 50.

Last edited:
Well interesting to me .

StKilda's Highest rated player is Jack Steele ( 62nd in the AFL ) similar to Whitfield and well ahead of Seb ( 75th).
( Yeah i know this rating system is crap ).

The player with the highest average Free Kicks per game in the AFL is Jack Steven on 3.8 Next Saints are Lonie and Longer on 2.
Free kicks away , Darragh Joyce is 3rd in the AFL ( 3.5 /game ) behind Billy Framton and Mumford. Probably not a good thing in defence. 10th in the league for Clangers.

Seb is second in the AFL in Bounces per game, behind Bachar Houli. Does that mean he's actually pretty good at finding space?

Nathan Brown leads the AFL in 1% ers and in spoils . 10th in the AFL for disposal efficiency. ( Battle and McKenzie are 22nd Wilkie 24th ).

Darragh Joyce spends the most time on ground of any Saint. 20th in the AFL

Our highest average disposals per game goes to Jack Billings , 34th in the AFL.

Seb gets more kicks than Billings though. 33rd in the AFL, and 11th for inside 50's.

Savage is our best rebounder out of the back 50, 38th in the AFL. Geary next 42nd.

Savage also has the most effective kicks of the Saints , 24th in the AFL and 20th for Meters Gained.

Ed Phillips, Josh Battle and Nathan Brown are 13th, 15th and 17th in the AFL for kicking efficiency.

Billings is 27th for overall disposal efficiency.

Dunstan has snuck up to 25th for contested possessions, just below Patrick Dangerfield.

Joyce is 12th in the AFL for intercept possessions, 3rd for contested defence 1 on 1's. if he can work on those free's and clangers......

Gresham is our best at ( i assume its possessions FROM turnovers, not turning it over ) turnover possessions. 16th in the AFL. 28th at ground ball gets.

Lonie , 15th in the AFL at ground ball gets inside the 50. Kent our next best way down at 55th.

Gresham and Dunstan are 24th and 25th for centre clearances per game. Dunstan is 15th for total clearances.

Lonie is 15th in the AFL for stoppage clearances.

Pierce is 15th in the AFL at hitouts to advantage. ( ahead of McEvoy ). But are the 2 more than Marshall gets enough to make a difference.

Battle takes more marks than any other Saint , 34th. (6.5 per game ).

Membrey is 10th in the AFL for marks inside 50. Kent , 37th gets more than Bruce. Membrey is 13th for marks on the lead.

LOL. Marsh and Longer are 11th and 12th for contested marks per game.

LoL Longer is also great at intercept marks per game. 6th. ( stats don't work in small samples ). Our next McKenzie ,Geary and Battle are in the 50s.

Membrey is in the top 18 for goal kicking , 2 per game .

Lonie is 15th in the AFL for behinds, averaging 1.3 per game.

Young and Kent are 17th and 18th for goal assists per game.

Battle , Paton , and Phillips have 100% goal accuracy. Marshall has 80%.

Seb is leading the club for score involvements per game, 35th in the AFL.

Steele is 4th in the AFL for tackles per game. 13th for Pressure Acts.

Lonie is 24th in the AFL for tackles inside 50.
Wow. Some real surprises in there.
Good post!

AFL stats have done something strange to me, don't know how i screwed up Lonie's stats. ( He's not that good ).
Have corrected above. Possibly i was looking at career stats instead of 2019. Fixing it now

Of all the Saints players who have played in 2019 ,Young has the least contested possessions per game. (2)
I'm going to excuse the stats for Brown and Battle because defenders stats are different. Then Long has the 4th least contested possessions.

Stats for fwd's Lonie // Kent // Parker // Long // Young averages per game.
TOG% 70 // 75 // 76 // 76 // 68
Disposals 14 // 13 // 10 // 9 // 7
Kicks 10 // 10 // 6 // 6 // 5
Inside 50's 2.3 // 3.2 // 1.9 // 1.7 // 1.5
Disp Effic 67.1 // 59.8 // 68.9 // 59.4 // 69.2
Clangers 1.8 // 2.3 // 2.5 // 2.4 // 1.5
Effective Kicks 5.3 // 5.7 // 4.2 // 2.9 // 3.5
Kicking Efficiency 56 // 60 // 66 // 50 // 70
Contested Pos 5 // 5 // 5 // 4 // 2
Intercept Pos 1.5 // 1.4 // 1 // 1.7 // 2.5
From Turnover 2.3 // 2.7 // 3.6 // 1.6 // 1.5
Ground ball gets 3.2//3.8 //2.7 // 2.7 // 1.5
Ground ball I50 1.5 // 1.5 //0.8 // 0.6 // 0
Stoppage Clearances 0.3//0.2 // 0 // 0.6 // 0
Marks inside50 0.7 // 1.7 //1.1 //0.6 //0
Shots at goal. 2.3//2.9 //2.1 //1.7 //1.5
Score Involvements 4.0 //5.1 //3.9 // 3.3// 3.5
Tackles 2.7//1.9// 3.1 // 3.3 // 2
Tackles inside 50 1.5//0.8//1.1 //1.1 // 0.5
Pressure acts 11.8//12.9//16.6 //14.3//12.5
Behinds 1.3// 1.0 //0.5 //0.4 //0.5
Goals 1// 1 //1.1 //0.7 /1

Last edited:
Effective disposals per game is interesting:
To me its the measure of what is more important, good disposal or getting the ball.

Billings best 19.8 per game.
Ross , Savage , Steele ,Newnes, Dunstan and Geary get 15 or more each game. Ahead of Steven and Gresham on 14.

Then there is Battle , Wilkie, Phillips, Webster and Paton
WTF Paton is having more effective disposals per game than GOAT???

Then we have Marshal, Sinclair , Joyce and McKenzie, Lonie and Membrey ahead of Clark.
Then its all defenders and forwards.

Effective Kicks per game.
Sav gets the most.
Acres, Paton, Kent are 15th, 16th, 17th.
Only Pierce had less than Clark. ( 2.7 effective kicks per game ).

Seb always takes those stupid unnecessary bounces after like 2 steps, allowing a would be tackler a step or two. Realllly shits me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back