Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah you’ll trade it I reckon. Clubs will know it can be flipped on the morning of day two for a couple of late seconds.
I think you are assuming we still have it available at the start of day 2.

Anyway, it is what it is; an ordinary outcome. My only positive is the future pick, but even then, it seems likely to be gobbled by NGA prospects who we will be getting anyway.

I think you are assuming we still have it available at the start of day 2.

Anyway, it is what it is; an ordinary outcome. My only positive is the future pick, but even then, it seems likely to be gobbled by NGA prospects who we will be getting anyway.

Nah not assuming that. I’d guess you’d trade it some time close to the draft.

Think we lose on that trade (especially if it's the Hawks 2nd round pick), but we didn't have much leverage.

On the plus side having 2 future 2nd round picks should help us get back into the draft after a Henry bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn’s future second, not Melbourne’s.

nope
Langdon, who played 68 games across five seasons in the west, finds himself at the Dees along with pick No.26 in the 2019 National Draft and Fremantle’s future fourth round pick.

The trade saw Melbourne part ways with pick No.22 and 79, as well as its future second round selection.

Actually not sure if it’s Melbourne of Hawthorn’s second rounder. Melbourne statement said our future second rounder just after they secured one from the Hawks in the Frost deal.

nope
Langdon, who played 68 games across five seasons in the west, finds himself at the Dees along with pick No.26 in the 2019 National Draft and Fremantle’s future fourth round pick.

The trade saw Melbourne part ways with pick No.22 and 79, as well as its future second round selection.
Hawthorn’s former second rounder is technically Melbourne’s after getting it in the Frost deal. Still not clear to me.

That makes no sense. Our record at doing X is s**t so we should back the club in to keep doing X or be happy that the club is doing s**t?

What I'm saying is go for the best available: West Australian or not. Ideally you have the best West Australians but you don't hunt for the B grade talent in lieu of the potential elite talent because the elite talent may go home. You back the club to be good enough to convince the elite talent to stay. To make concessions based on the fear of them leaving is accepting second best which is not what we should be doing.

To borrow a cricket philosophy: You don't set fields for bad bowling. We shouldn't set our list for bad player retention (for whatever reason that may be caused by e.g. Culture, one-off homesickness etc.).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back