Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not having a go at McCartin, the kid didn't pick himself at #1 and if his body doesn't get right it'll be a different waste of pick compared to Watts, but cold hard facts suggests he ain't gonna have much of a career

No compensation for the Panthers is a joke after the effort they took to get Ruck/Forward Hayden McLean over, find him employment etc.....Sydney just swoop in and take the lad they recruited to replace Keegan Brooksby who the Weagles snaffled. AFL is a joke treating the state leagues with disdain.

No compensation for the Panthers is a joke after the effort they took to get Ruck/Forward Hayden McLean over, find him employment etc.....Sydney just swoop in and take the lad they recruited to replace Keegan Brooksby who the Weagles snaffled. AFL is a joke treating the state leagues with disdain.

It's bullshit - good for the kid, but is it seriously no compensation?

Good luck Hayden with the Swans.

Sucked in SMA SANFL.

I guess the Panthers with compensate the ammo club they get their new ruck/forward from.

Surely this is a breach of contract? Someone will need to pay for that, one would think.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but what the F are they doing down at Melbourne. Putting an injured player back on the field in a preseason game! Surely you just play with 17

Joel had a pretty significant groin injury in the game – he just landed in a marking contest and pulled up really sore. Because we were two down on the bench, unfortunately we had to keep Joel going," Misson said.

"We played him deep forward which probably didn't help his groin. He's pulled up pretty sore, so we'll have to assess him towards the end of the week about what his reloading plan is." - "elite" performance manager Dave Misson

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-12/demons-mid-out-for-12-weeks-but-it-could-have-been-worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until it's done mid-season...a team could go from flag favourites to missing the finals if they lose 3 or 4 of their best players
Port take Mitch Grigg just to play for their Reserves team.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wait until it's done mid-season...a team could go from flag favourites to missing the finals if they lose 3 or 4 of their best players
I can see SANFL teams looking to recruit older guys now - ie guys in their late 20's that are no chance of an AFL club swooping in - and that will purely be to mitigate that risk but ultimately weaken the competition imo. Any young player now becomes a risk if they are any good (I know there are a number of guys at Sturt worried that Hugo Munn might get snaffled mid season if he kicks on this year - and Sturt are structuring up around him to a certain degree so it really will bite) and like you say, it can mean the difference between going deep into finals and missing them all together

Not really sure what the SMA have to defend?
They've done everything they can to kill it off.
Yes, why would Port not want to keep something successful that their fans loved, continue... unless someone else forced them to shut it down.

I don't trust anything that comes out of the mouth of the SMA.

Not really sure what the SMA have to defend?
They've done everything they can to kill it off.
I liked the bit where mr. SMA reckons they supported it by putting their own outlets in the village. I’m assuming in competition. :think:

Ughhhh......

Looking forward to the Simpsons, Harry Potter and Star Wars-inspired jumpers. Could the AFL stop with this kiddie-obsessed teenybopper s**t - just concentrate on putting a good product on the paddock and the little kids you are chasing will eventually come. May as well have a Michael Jackson jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back