Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People would know I’m not really one to worry about who goes or doesn’t go, crowd numbers etc
But I can’t help but think 20 degrees early on Sunday arvo what an opportunity to create that unique type feeling at a game like the Giants Prelim in 2017. Could think of nothing more daunting for the Eagles than 60-70k of rabid tigers fans this week.

Nank has been fined $3,000 for striking.
I guess he must accept:
"The incident was classified as a $5,000 sanction as a second offence.
The player can accept a $3,000 sanction with an early plea."
Cannot afford to escalate sanctions.

I am the undercover WC fan that lives deep behind enemy lines. I live opposite Dan Murphys in Richmond. I grew up in Perth, but I have lived here for 10 years. Specifically 9 and 3/4 of them in Richmond. The suburb is great! But as you could see with my reply to the preview, I love footy but I bleed blue and yellow.

We will be walking down bridge road to the game on Saturday to the game via a pub or 10.

As I said, Ive been waiting 11 months for this game @ the G!
Oh, cool!!! I used to work just near Dan Murphy's and probably used to walk home past your place!! Awesome part of Richmond up that end. Hope you were at the Grand Final :cool:
I'm sure you value every Eagles game you get in Melbourne.

Good side, and if they hit their straps in September they’ll be right in the mix, but their form is overhyped.

Since the bye:
Essendon (Perth) - W 35pt
Hawthorn (MCG) - W 6pt
Fremantle (Perth) - W 91pt
Collingwood (Perth) - L 1pt
Melbourne (NT) - W 13pt
North (Perth) - W 49pt
Carlton (Marvel) - W 24pt
Adelaide (Perth) - W 10pt

Granted they are a good side and match up well on us, but the fawning over their form line is overstated.

Largely, they’ve had solid wins against middle of the road opposition at home (Essendon, North) and have struggled against pretty weak sides away from home (Melbourne, Hawthorn).

A depleted Collingwood kept them to 2.1 in a half of football in Perth, and they struggled to put away Adelaide at home as well.

The only impressive win is the smacking of Freo - who are inconsistent at best.

Not sure whether they’ll be used to wet conditions coming from Perth.

Not sure they’re as scary as some people are making them out to be.
It's interesting, as I'm looking at our form and thinking the same thing. Great to have won seven in a row, but we've beaten:

Saints (Marvel) - 33pts
Suns (Metricon) - 92pts
Giants (MCG) - 27pts
Port (the bad one) (MCG) - 38pts
Pies (MCG) - 32 pts
Dees (MCG) - 33 pts
Blues (MCG) - 28pts

To me, it's hard to get a bearing on where we're at based on that list. This game and the next one will tell us.

if chol is dropped then that will just free McGovern up to do what he does. If he is dropped then Schofield will take Riewoldt and Barass will take Lynch.Leaving McGovern to do what he does.

This is a game where id be trying Balta on possibly Darling and Astbury on Kennedy both are our best options physically. Grimes can go to the similar sized Allen.

Also id be looking to bring in some bigger bodies like Pickett and McIntosh dusty and Cotch and drop a few of the smaller players.Short, Ellis,Baker seriuosly we lose nothing but we gain some real grunt and we match up way better both physically and height without losing pace and run.
Surely some of your posts are a pisstake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s on like “Donkey Kong” in the household this weekend, missus is a native eagle and is corrupting my 2 “Mummies boys” against me and “Daddy’s Girl”. Big family day at footy ahead.
Make an agreement with her, whoever wins the next two games between the two sides, hopefully the grand final is the second game ;) is who the kids go for. Then pray to the footy gods for a torrential downpour and that Richmond just don’t beat west coast they absolutely smash them (in both games) off the ball park!

I am the undercover WC fan that lives deep behind enemy lines. I live opposite Dan Murphys in Richmond. I grew up in Perth, but I have lived here for 10 years. Specifically 9 and 3/4 of them in Richmond. The suburb is great! But as you could see with my reply to the preview, I love footy but I bleed blue and yellow.

We will be walking down bridge road to the game on Saturday to the game via a pub or 10.

As I said, Ive been waiting 11 months for this game @ the G!

Lol you apparently bleed blue and yellow but you dont even know what day your team is playing . FMD

Disagree about Caddy being unsuited for it.

He is strong, so guys won't be able to out wrestle him in a marking contest or on the ground very often and can therefore switch on to a bigger forwards like Darling in a pinch. Plus difficult to get down in a tackle.

He is a booming kick, this is Shorts biggest weapon and Caddy is almost as good. He can kick it long getting it out of the area, long down the line or use it to switch the play.

He is a strong mark and pretty good reader of the play, so will be able to create intercepts.

He is fearless, we know we he is gonna run back with the flight with no fear.

In fact in a lot of ways he is a bit like Vlastuin mkII, but has only been playing down there a few a weeks as opposed too Tigger being down there since day dot. Give him a chance and some time to adapt.

Kmac has a lot of similar traits as well, has better pace then Caddy and probably fitter. But not as good in the air or as good a kick or reader of the play.

Pickett has a little less size but I wonder if the match committee is hoping he is a bit of those better aspects of Caddy and KMac in the one player.
Heard David King today make an interesting suggestion about Caddy. Using him in that sort of Townsend role this week where he’d be made to keep McGovern out of the leading lanes for one, and has the class to make him pay on the scoreboard if he wants to be unaccountable.

Heard David King today make an interesting suggestion about Caddy. Using him in that sort of Townsend role this week where he’d be made to keep McGovern out of the leading lanes for one, and has the class to make him pay on the scoreboard if he wants to be unaccountable.
Let's not do it then.

Kingy can explain on Monday why what we did instead worked.

Still not a bad idea to not let Mcgovern just do as he pleases.
Kick it on his head and let Lynch put his knee into the back of his neck.

Seriously, we have two gun key forwards. Let him worry about them.

Kick it on his head and let Lynch put his knee into the back of his neck.

Seriously, we have two gun key forwards. Let him worry about them.
He doesn’t though that’s the thing.

He will anyway RD if Caddy is on him 🐢
Different game playing as a forward than being too slow as a defender. He’s an intelligent player forward.

He doesn’t though that’s the thing.
We have Jack, Lynch and either Chol or Nank will spend plenty of time down there. McGovern might actually have to worry about an opponent for once. We are not going to play a defensive tall forward. We did that in 2017, but we have an extra weapon now. West Coast is the only other side with two gun key forwards, and ours are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back