Preview 2019 Season Opener v Hawthorn Pre-game Hype Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually in agreeance with the post you quoted.

We have never beaten them here, and we now have 2 crucial best 22 players missing. Quite often it's the Hawthorn smalls that have got us, and Brown not being there makes that even more pronounced.

Home field will be in full throat

We are winning ;)

i am fascinated to see how the defence sets up. I think we had a little tease during the port game, it almost look like they were playing zone when port was coming off the half back. if you pause the game you can see the players have set up a little bit like a grid, which allows the team to swarm where ever the ball goes. this could stop the run of the hawks and might negate the smalls because it reduces one on ones and it becomes a team defence approach.

And as much as people have been saying one game doesn't make or brake a season I feel that a great first game is really important to instil confidence in the team after a rough 2018. Also if the crows come out and destroy the hawks it makes other teams more apprehensive to come to AO, but if they loose it may give a blue print for teams to roll us. All that said I think they will smash them.

Hawks are a perfect benchmark to play round one

Dangerous team and lets us test our Hawk-like possession game

Let's not overrate them. At home against side who massively over performed last year and lost their main midfielder.

A comfortable win is par here if we are a serious threat to a premiership.

I'm actually in agreeance with the post you quoted.

We have never beaten them here, and we now have 2 crucial best 22 players missing. Quite often it's the Hawthorn smalls that have got us, and Brown not being there makes that even more pronounced.
Hawks have more players out than us, including their best midfielder Mitchell, Wingard, Birchall & Scully. Gunston also in doubt.

Our few injuries are not an excuse.

If we lose at home with a near primed squad, make no mistake it will be a very disappointing opening result.

I'm feeling positive though, but we can't take a win for granted against a well coached Hawks.

Oh, this has the worst in the back decision in history in it. Good clip.
It wouldn't be a Crows/Hawks game without the Hawks getting some sort of bullshit free kick that goes in their favour and leads to a goal. I think we've got a "please explain" drafted up to the umpiring department ready to be sent already.

Less than 5 1/2 days until the season opener (and 3 1/2 until we get a chance to look at our Pick 1 generating team). Can’t wait for this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a game to help the time pass by.

Which first choice player will go down with injury in the last training session before this week's game? Last year we had two drop out (Lynch and Gibson).

Here's a game to help the time pass by.

Which first choice player will go down with injury in the last training session before this week's game? Last year we had two drop out (Lynch and Gibson).
Gallucci's foot injury is not healing as fast as expected.

Nek minnit, the foot amputation is not expected to severely inhibit his recovery.

Meant to say wouldnt

Pyke is very conservative and predictable most could pick 20 of the 22 without a concern on the first 22 in round 1
Teams usually pick themselves ......unless they're desperate at the foot of the table, trying to appease supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back