VFL 2019 VFL R21 vs Box Hill (Sat 24 Aug 2pm @ BH City Oval) - INN: Sier, Wells, Stephenson (debut) :) - LIVE STREAM !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Had plenty of the ball. Besides that one terrible kick I thought he was also very good, Dave. He’ll be bigger and stronger next year.

IF he did not get Injured in the 1st Qtr of RD1 in the VFL he played lot of AFL this Season

What were people expecting from Wells today?

Unlike Stephenson who is fully fit (yet still faded late), this was Wells' first hitout post injury. It was about getting through the game uninjured. Tick.

He will continue to train and will play some sort of practice game next week. He will still be very much in the club's thinking for finals.

Need some big changes in our VFL next year.

Poor season and we just lost our best player for 2020.

Our team would have been stronger if we didn’t have as many injuries.
With most players available the depth would have improved.

I think it’s our VFL listed players that is a problem compared to a lot of the other sides. This is where we are lacking in terms of the better ones.

Results don’t faze me.

Development of our younger players is what I care for.

Josh Daicos for example put together his best season to date and developed nicely.
Registered big numbers in many games- which with another pre season will get better.
This will hold him in good stead for more senior opportunities.

I think it’s our VFL listed players that is a problem compared to a lot of the other sides. This is where we are lacking in terms of the better ones.

Results don’t faze me.

Josh Daicos for example put together his best season to date and developed nicely.
Registered big numbers in many games- which with another pre season will get better.

Results aren't important, but wow having another 2 VFL games would help so much for our AFL team...

Now guys like Sier Wells ect don't get another chance to prove their fitness / get match fitness.

Same thing we lamented last year.

Results aren't important, but wow having another 2 VFL games would help so much for our AFL team...

Now guys like Sier Wells ect don't get another chance to prove their fitness / get match fitness.

It would help but as I’ve mentioned previously we already have an problem with the automatic inclusions to bring back so it’s not so much of an issue really.
We weren’t going to make 6 or 7 changes to our side for finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results don’t faze me.

Pretty Sure Results not the Biggest Thing for the Club. Development be 1st

It would help but as I’ve mentioned previously we already have an problem with the automatic inclusions to bring back so it’s not so much of an issue really.
We weren’t going to make 6 or 7 changes to our side for finals

We need to win probably 4 finals, not just 1 remember.

Wells Sier Scharenberg Aish ect could of all used a VFL hitout

We need to win probably 4 finals, not just 1 remember.

Wells Sier Scharenberg Aish ect could of all used a VFL hitout

Scharenberg is in the senior team so he doesn’t need anything.
He will be playing.

Personally we’ve got enough players available to utilise even though you’d love to have everyone available.

Murphy, Stephenson and Brown played a great first half, unfortunately only Goldsack and Daicos put together a great 4 quarters. Broomhead also put together a nice game, albeit he didn't stand out as much to me and Woodward was very good in close.

Crocker presented well and benefitted from more class upfield. Bosenavulagi keeps building and is one to watch next year, he's reading the play better and I noticed today he has a nice leap that he coupled with sticky hands on occasion.

Wells played about how I expected, with us he's always taken a few games to build into match fitness and form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back