2019 "World" Cup Shamblefier - Scotland robbed again, no Associates at World Cup for first time ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Costly mistake from Wilson. If there was any accountability he'd be dropped for international umpiring for a little while.

If there was any accountability in world cricket we wouldn't be in this position, because the full members wouldn't have been allowed to get away with a ten team world cup.

No-one is going to know.

This is the greatest travesty. So few cricket followers will even realise, come 2019, that anything is wrong.
Just gotta hope now the world cup is terrible, dead rubbers everywhere, india do terrible and change happens. Right now it's hard to look at all the ICC posts about how good it is the Windies made the world cup

Clearly, the ICC only cares about the money, not the sport. It's not like we didn't know that, but it's infuriating to see. Imagine if Kenya had never qualified for the 2003 WC because there weren't enough places. No fairytale semi-final berth. Just obscurity in the occasional match against other associate nations. That's the immediate future for all associate teams.

Woke up at 5, checked the phone. I was angry enough that Windows won by 5 runs on DL, now I’m ******* raging after seeing that decision. First Balbirnie, now Berrington. You’d nearly think the ICC didn’t want an Associate Member in the Cup. Ruined my ******* day. I love this sport so much but this corrupt organisation make it so hard to continue to do so

Woke up at 5, checked the phone. I was angry enough that Windows won by 5 runs on DL, now I’m ******* raging after seeing that decision. First Balbirnie, now Berrington. You’d nearly think the ICC didn’t want an Associate Member in the Cup. Ruined my ******* day. I love this sport so much but this corrupt organisation make it so hard to continue to do so
I feel the same way.

It was worse in real time though. The Windows were not a passive 3rd party here either. They were appealing for everything and I mean everything. About 2 overs before the incident there was a very loud appeal for lbw for a ball that hit the middle of Munsey's bat. The worst appeal I have seen since Sangakarra's 192.

Recorded the end of the game last night and just watched it. I seem to be in the minority here in wanting Windies to win, but the way it ended definitely left me with a pretty empty feeling. Its a shame there was no DRS for that LBW; often the criticism of ODIs is too many meaningless games, but when there are finally these very important games, no DRS to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel the same way.

It was worse in real time though. The Windows were not a passive 3rd party here either. They were appealing for everything and I mean everything. About 2 overs before the incident there was a very loud appeal for lbw for a ball that hit the middle of Munsey's bat. The worst appeal I have seen since Sangakarra's 192.

As if any team in the same situation wouldn’t be appealing for everything. Don’t blame them because the umpire and the ICC f***ed up.

I feel the same way.

Over-appealing is a blight on the game.

I was pretty nervous for Scotland during the Ireland game, knowing that they wouldn't want it to go to the last game for things to be decided.

The LBW to Balbirnie was an absolutely dreadful call to make and certainly impacted the result.

Then the ICC appoint Wilson against for the next Scotland game and he makes another howler costing them in the DLS.

No DRS in this tournament is absolutely ridiculous.

That particular appeal was pretty bad. Even blocker had a look on his face as if to say 'what the **** are you appealing for?'

Look fair play but having looked through the commentary - and the ball by ball records any enquiry from the fielding side, that incident came 13 overs from the finish. They made only one more appeal between then and the final ball of the game.

Look fair play but having looked through the commentary - and the ball by ball records any enquiry from the fielding side, that incident came 13 overs from the finish. They made only one more appeal between then and the final ball of the game.
Sorry. I got it wrong on the timing. I just assumed it was closer as the two incidents were pretty close in my mind and it was the same spell to the same batsmen.

Sorry. I got it wrong on the timing. I just assumed it was closer as the two incidents were pretty close in my mind and it was the same spell to the same batsmen.

That’s ok, I get it, I’ve got no doubt the atmosphere on the field went up a notch and players start thinking they’re seeing things they didn’t or appealing for stuff they might not if it was holding pattern time in a dead rubber bi-lateral game or something.

That’s ok, I get it, I’ve got no doubt the atmosphere on the field went up a notch and players start thinking they’re seeing things they didn’t or appealing for stuff they might not if it was holding pattern time in a dead rubber bi-lateral game or something.
Ultimately, this is why DRS is needed. It is more often needed in desperate, emotional and crucial moments. West Indies would not be forcing appeals like they did if the ICC wasn't dangling a giant carrot in front of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back