2019 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we’ll be looking at trading out our next years first for Gold Coast 15 ,
7/10/15/22
Stephens , Robertson , Henry , Sharp or
Stephens , Henry , Rivers , Sharp .
either way I would be happy with that.

I think we’ll be looking at trading out our next years first for Gold Coast 15 ,
7/10/15/22
Stephens , Robertson , Henry , Sharp or
Stephens , Henry , Rivers , Sharp .
either way I would be happy with that.
Geez that's pretty optimistic. Could be trading 15 for 4.

I wouldn't even consider trading our future first for anything less than a top 10 this year.

I wouldn't even consider trading our future first for anything less than a top 10 this year.
Only way I’d consider it for anything less than top 10 is something broadly similar to what Carlton did with Adelaide and get a 2020 first back in return.

Yeah wouldn’t go trading that now.

Especially with two future seconds(should’ve been 3!!!!).

They ll be enough to get us back into the first round this year , Especially with the spread of talent this year ,no need to try and get so high up the order when we already have 7/10.

(Possibly only Carlton’s pick 9 is realistic but I’d want something back with it aswell and that ain’t happening when your dealing with the SOSflogg)

We will hang onto 22 until we get past our pick #10 then it will be traded for maximum most points for Henry. As soon as he is bid on I'm sure we will be nagging every club that picks afterwards to let us back into the draft. I imagine there would be a deal with someone like the crows to swap 22 for a future 2nd and extra points later in draft under the proviso that we can swap that future 2nd back after the henry bid for 28.

We will hang onto 22 until we get past our pick #10 then it will be traded for maximum most points for Henry. As soon as he is bid on I'm sure we will be nagging every club that picks afterwards to let us back into the draft. I imagine there would be a deal with someone like the crows to swap 22 for a future 2nd and extra points later in draft under the proviso that we can swap that future 2nd back after the henry bid for 28.
Can see Essendon trying to deal for your pick 22 with one of their 2nd rounders this year and next year with some later picks swaped to make up the numbers. Think you will get a lot of suitors wanting to trade their 2020 second rounders for 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have made a mistake but I think we only have 3 main list spots (assuming that Carter is main list and North is delisted).

If so, 22+58 are only for matching the Henry bid. We need to cut more to open more list spots and we have nobody to cut.
Started with 39 didnt we?
(-) Ballas
(-) Sandi
(-) Bennell
(-) Jones
(-) Kersten
(+) Acres
(+) Aish
(+) Hughes
(?) Carter - not sure how this works

So without knowing about Carter and North we hae at least 3?

Could have made a mistake but I think we only have 3 main list spots (assuming that Carter is main list and North is delisted).

If so, 22+58 are only for matching the Henry bid. We need to cut more to open more list spots and we have nobody to cut.
Out (8): Kersten, Bennell, Sandi, Ballas, Jones, Nyhuis (R), Langdon, Hill
In (1): O'Reilly (R), Acres, Aish

I'm expecting us to keep Carter on the Cat B list. Why would we use a spot if we don't need to? We'll still have two Cat B spots free for Butters and Thomas if we decide on them.

So I'm expecting us to take 4 players in the ND and one rookie. Not including North who I could see us rookie list instead.

Can see Essendon trying to deal for your pick 22 with one of their 2nd rounders this year and next year with some later picks swaped to make up the numbers. Think you will get a lot of suitors wanting to trade their 2020 second rounders for 22.
We already gots 2 of them though and need 22 for Henry points

If Carlton keep 9 (10), do you think they bid on Henry? Seems to be some word going around he's rated top 10 by some recruiters

I'm expecting us to keep Carter on the Cat B list. Why would we use a spot if we don't need to? We'll still have two Cat B spots free for Butters and Thomas if we decide on them.

So I'm expecting us to take 4 players in the ND and one rookie. Not including North who I could see us rookie list instead.
I agree, I think even if Carter is kept at Cat B (how many are we allowed to have by the way), then we delist North to have 5 spots heading into the draft

We need 5 spots to have access to the pick 69, otherwise we cant take it in as it stands

We already gots 2 of them though and need 22 for Henry points

If Carlton keep 9 (10), do you think they bid on Henry? Seems to be some word going around he's rated top 10 by some recruiters
Nah I don’t think they do and think he gets a bid past 15 in the real thing. maybe Essendon send both 31 and 33 with a 2nd next year coming back, I’m fairly certain Essendon plan to move up the draft order this year.

Nah I don’t think they do and think he gets a bid past 15 in the real thing. maybe Essendon send both 31 and 33 with a 2nd next year coming back, I’m fairly certain Essendon plan to move up the draft order this year.
We'd have to free up even more list spots then, we already need to shed at least one more to take in the pick 69 we traded in with the Collingwood deal.

With two future 2nds and 22, I think the only way someone gets 22 is if they help us move higher

Sooooooo we d give you pick 22 annnnnnddd a 2nd rounder next year (either ours or Melbs) which in all likelihood would fall in the 20s again fooooorrrr picks 31 and 33 ??.

Your not Adrian dodoro are you?

[/QUOTE]
It could also be around 10 , either way if we keep next year’s first It will probably have to be used on Western . So I would rather the club load up in this draft and for the club to use the 2nd rd picks on our academy kids next year.[/QUOTE]

Either way we have a head count issue!wrt available picks and list spots.. Expect some trading of picks to rationalise what we have.

Would be good to get Butters and Leno on the Rookie B list....

Everyone breath in, it’s going to be a tight squeeze!

Started with 39 didnt we?
(-) Ballas
(-) Sandi
(-) Bennell
(-) Jones
(-) Kersten
(+) Acres
(+) Aish
(+) Hughes
(?) Carter - not sure how this works

So without knowing about Carter and North we hae at least 3?

(+) Giro

It’s part of his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back