AFL 2020 - AFL Finals Week One (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

1601364671486.png

1600752236965.png

Last edited:

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
quirky stat but Port Adelaide are the 7th team in VFL/AFL history to start the season from top and end the season on top .

1600689593212.png

Based on form and history , this Port side will be hard to beat. Should be favourites against Geelong, and favourites in the prelim at home. Reckon they are good shots to make grand final from here at least. (haven't checked odds yet)

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
quirky stat but Port Adelaide are the 7th team in VFL/AFL history to start the season from top and end the season on top .

View attachment 967260

Based on form and history , this Port side will be hard to beat. Should be favourites against Geelong, and favourites in the prelim at home.

Based on what? They're easily the worst side to go a whole season on top, the second worst minor premier since 2005 (Freo 15'), playing a side which absolutley obliterated them about a month ago, then will come up against a side with a very good record against them at Adelaide Oval in the semis. Very good chance I think of them not winning a game, based on form and history.

Cats by a mile
Tigers by a mile
Dogs
Eagles by a mile.

Too easy, whatever that is, multi it up.

Based on what? They're easily the worst side to go a whole season on top, the second worst minor premier since 2005 (Freo 15'), playing a side which absolutley obliterated them about a month ago, then will come up against a side with a very good record against them at Adelaide Oval in the semis. Very good chance I think of them not winning a game, based on form and history.

Cats by a mile
Tigers by a mile
Dogs
Eagles by a mile.

Too easy, whatever that is, multi it up.

Since 119, Port have only beaten the Cats, twice.

However, one of those was the last time the Cats played at Adelaide Oval.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Know records are there to be broken. I'm pretty sure Geelong have a not so good record in finals in Adelaide all up. They are 0-3 in Adelaide for games combined against the SA teams in Finals.

Port at anything above $1.80 for me is a good bet. Just feel like Port match up better against Geelong around the ground as well. I wouldn't look too much into the home and away flogging Port received up there in QLD.

Last year Cats lost to Port, but that was coming off a bye where they have typically been quite insipid.
Hmmm and we have a bye before the finals.

Plot thickens.

Does the Cats have one of the worst records off the bye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hmmm and we have a bye before the finals.

Plot thickens.

Does the Cats have one of the worst records off the bye?
Cats have been the worst team off a bye, but most of those games were home and away.

I reckon Cats were fantastic for most of the season, but terrible last two games. I won't be touching the game.

Cats have been the worst team off a bye, but most of those games were home and away.

I reckon Cats were fantastic for most of the season, but terrible last two games. I won't be touching the game.
They did beat Essendon after the "so called" bye this year though. Although Essendon could've actual been the bye and they haven't done anything since?

I could be wrong, but the Cats have not won a final outside of Victoria in over 15 years. :think:

Then again, I think they have only played 2 finals outside of Victoria in that time. :drunk:

I could be wrong, but the Cats have not won a final outside of Victoria in over 15 years. :think:

Then again, I think they have only played 2 finals outside of Victoria in that time. :drunk:
Have never won a final outside of Melbourne
2017 preliminary to Adelaide
2013 qualifying to Fremantle (at Geelong) :moustache:
2005 semi to Sydney
2004 qualifying to Port Adelaide

Have never won a final outside of Melbourne
2017 preliminary to Adelaide
2013 qualifying to Fremantle (at Geelong) :moustache:
2005 semi to Sydney
2004 qualifying to Port Adelaide

Never won a final in SA.

0-3 in Finals.

Lost to Crows in '97 at Footy Park. in semi final

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
The Bulldogs price is about right, they should start favourite there. Seeing that they are priced around $1.80 .

The talk is just a matter of the venue. Saints v Bulldogs in Adelaide, or Saints v Bulldogs at Metricon . From what I hear, nothing has been confirmed yet in terms of venue.

AFL seem to want the game played in Adelaide , where they can get around 20,000 people. If AFL are looking to save costs, then playing it in QLD seems the logical thing to do.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
St Kilda are rubbish, I don't think the venue matters for that game. Dogs will want Naughton and Wallis back though, 2 of their best forwards out evens it up a lot (I'd still tip them over saints though).

The game's in Adelaide now anyway.

Last edited:
May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I simply cannot get enough of adding neale for brownlow and serong for rising star to every bet.

Im taking :
tigs u40 + neale and serong @ 3.12

WC u40 + neale and serong @ 3.14

And because I love em, and we torched the dogs earlier in the year and are 2/2 in radelaide this year:
saints u40 + neale and serong @ 3.81

AFLFootyChick

All Australian
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I simply cannot get enough of adding neale for brownlow and serong for rising star to every bet.

Im taking :
tigs u40 + neale and serong @ 3.12

WC u40 + neale and serong @ 3.14

And because I love em, and we torched the dogs earlier in the year and are 2/2 in radelaide this year:
saints u40 + neale and serong @ 3.81

What do you mean u40? 1-39?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back