Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Richmond 10 of their first 13 at the G

But how many of the last 7 at the G? Because that’s what matters right? The lead into the finals? Or does it just change every year so we can be perpetually outraged.

All that’s gonna do is set Richmond up for a Geelong 2019 type season. That’d be a disaster

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
2 conference system similar to nba would be cool, although they still play cross conference system matches and play 82 per season
It wouldnt be conferences, itd be EPL style divisions.

I do agree though that an FA cup style comp in addition would be cool

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmond: 14 games at the G, ome ground advantage in 5
West Coast: 12 games at Optus, home ground advantage in 10

Sick of these interstate clubs getting a free ride into the finals every year

You can lump Geelong in with them as well. Every year their ladder position is inflated by having 9 games at GMHBA, with it’s huge home ground advantage. They then get another 5 at a neutral venue, the MCG.

And still they bellyache about how unfair it is.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
You can lump Geelong in with them as well. Every year their ladder position is inflated by having 9 games at GMHBA, with a huge home ground advantage. They then get another 5 at a neutral venue, the MCG. And still they bellyache.

Hawthorn have the best deal.

8 games at the MCG where they have home ground advantage in 5
4 home games in tassie
5 other games outside victoria

That totals:

9 genuine home games
5 genuine away games
8 neutral games

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Surely if Richmond somehow manage to overcome the monumental obstacles set before them next season it will be etched into footy folklore for the rest of time and looked back on by players forever more as a source of inspiration.

But how many of the last 7 at the G? Because that’s what matters right? The lead into the finals? Or does it just change every year so we can be perpetually outraged.

All that’s gonna do is set Richmond up for a Geelong 2019 type season. That’d be a disaster
Lol no.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Richmond won a 400m handicap race with a 350m headstart
well done on not tripping over

biggest gifted flag in VFL history

Jul 16, 2009
Under a Big Sky
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought Port are paying you like a million bucks so it is your home game.

Why else would a club agree to playing in China???
no, port get home game rights. as far as i know we get an unspecified amount probably similar to what port get from sponsorship deals (1/2 million odd). we lose a home game, and travel all the way to china to play in a mockery to help adelaide and afl business interests. pretty sure the saints were pushed into it by the afl as a way of reducing debt. three years, then they'll probably target another of the poor clubs like north or the dogs. if it's still going by then.

Richmond won a 400m handicap race with a 350m headstart
well done on not tripping over

biggest gifted flag in VFL history

Still talking about the 2019 season in the 2020 Fixture Thread???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough
why do richmond who are premiers get a far easier draw than the eagles in 2020 ?

Because the Premiers obviously can't play themselves twice ;)

Jezzza

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Not to fussed with where or who we play. Worst thing about our draw is having 2 lots of consecutive 6 day breaks in rounds 2,3,4 & 14,15,16, combine that with travel & it becomes a player management issue. Will be interesting to see how we go in the those blocks of games.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
You can only really laugh at the AFL, they're so obviously bent and will do whatever it takes to get certain clubs into finals, win a flag one year but get the 7th hardest draw the next season (according to champion data) and didn't the Pies, Brisbane & geelong play in the finals as well!!...LOL

ladder.jpg

lol ... at least try and get the chip right

Weagles fans don't have a chip in their shoulder.

In keeping with their state, they kept digging and now have an open cut salt mine there.

It'd be both shoulders, but they're so one eyed they barely acknowledge the existence of anything on the blind side, and what they can' find, they can't dig.

I love these posts because when I ask Richmond supporters if they would prefer an interstate-style fixture (10 true home games, 10 outside their home state) they all go as quiet as they were between 1986 and 2016.

So Barry_Badrinath - which do you prefer?

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can only really laugh at the AFL, they're so obviously bent and will do whatever it takes to get certain clubs into finals, win a flag one year but get the 7th hardest draw the next season (according to champion data) and didn't the Pies, Brisbane & geelong play in the finals as well!!...LOL

View attachment 773426
You’re treating the rankings above as if they have some credibility or are even remotely accurate. Wasn’t this the same clowns who said Melbourne had the best list for season 2019? I reckon Pies have got a pretty hard draw, yet according to that ladder they supposedly have only the 11th most difficult draw. I totally disagree.

View attachment 773426

As just a ranking on it's own the data is meaningless-- if you can provide the data that is used to calculate the difficulty and 'how' much more difficult it is for some teams than others it will mean more. According to Champion Data is West Coast's draw significantly tougher than Richmond's or is is it the difference of one match up for example.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
The Eagles are on the far Left, hence all the whacko conspiracy theories.

Im a born and bred Territorian, never lived in WA.

So I consider myself in the middle and reasonably neutral thanks very much.

You Vics have never gotten over the cup being taken out of Victoria and the fat cats at V/AFL House have been pandering to the big Vic clubs ever since.

Even Richmond since you mob finally got your poo together and became relevant again after spending decades fluffing around and eating your own.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
meh... it’s more fun deliberately getting them wrong & watch the West Coast Whingers continue to melt.

I’ve never seen a supporter base in my life as sad & miserable as the West Coast Whingers of the past few months

Baaaa haaa haa.

Go have a read in the Geelong trade thread.

You call it whinging.

We see it as calling out the Vic bias for what it is. Borderline cheating and stacking the deck. The last few months the Vic media bias has been as bad as ever.

We just like to point out that our club has to beat both the teams we play on field AND the establishment who are hell bent on propping up its cash cows so the AFL fat cats get their bonuses. Dont pretend you dont get a massive advantage just so the AFL makes more money and Gill gets his bonuses.

Baaaa haaa haa.

Go have a read in the Geelong trade thread.

You call it whinging.

We see it as calling out the Vic bias for what it is. Borderline cheating and stacking the deck. The last few months the Vic media bias has been as bad as ever.

We just like to point out that our club has to beat both the teams we play on field AND the establishment who are hell bent on propping up its cash cows so the AFL fat cats get their bonuses. Dont pretend you dont get a massive advantage just so the AFL makes more money and Gill gets his bonuses.

Still melting??

Can you explain how to me how #VICBIAS aligns with West Coast's league High positive Free Kick Differential?

Or that how the "establishment propping up its cash cows" aligns with the West Coast Whingers rant that if the Eagles weren't included into the old VFL that the AFL would be broke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back