Fantasy 2020 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This happens soooooo many times in fantasy drafts, as cruelly as the pick before you. This is one reason why i trade up and reach "a little" for players i want and unfortunately sometimes have to accept giving up a little too much to ensure i grab the player i want. Its hard to predict what other league rivals will draft, but looking at their rosters and seeing their holes, or getting to know the drsfting habits of people in your league can help. There is also devious PMs with certain rivals fishing for clues and hints about players they like etc.
Don't look at my holes GG.exe

Damn I almost pulled the trigger and drafted Winfield with my 2nd round pick

I keep watching thinking he was going to slip through to me in the 3rd round and then he gets picked a couple of picks before I had the chance to get him
For Antoine Winfield Sr. so loved the Butte Pirates that he gave his only son.

Daggy playing the long, very long game with his QBs. The good thing is they'll probably both be able to be re signed to league minimums when their rookie contracts are up. 👍

Daggy playing the long, very long game with his QBs. The good thing is they'll probably both be able to be re signed to league minimums when their rookie contracts are up. 👍
May as well roll with upside at this point.

The bunch of IDPs that disappeared just before my picks were about the only ones willing to give up significant capital on by this point.

Except Hurts will probably be starting by mid-year this year 🤔

How many games did Wentz miss last year? Pretty sure the only injury was the concussion in the playoffs wasn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well roll with upside at this point.

The bunch of IDPs that disappeared just before my picks were about the only ones willing to give up significant capital on by this point.

Stashing QBs in this league on 500k salaries isn't a terrible idea. I like it. Could be very cost effective when they do come off rookie deals, sign them to 5 years at 1milly

Stashing QBs in this league on 500k salaries isn't a terrible idea. I like it. Could be very cost effective when they do come off rookie deals, sign them to 5 years at 1milly
Heck one might even be starting by the time my first rounders come to fruition...

when rookie contract expires you first only get to re-sign them for 1-2 years max. then when that contract expires, get to re-sign them as a vet for 3-5 years.

when rookie contract expires you first only get to re-sign them for 1-2 years max. then when that contract expires, get to re-sign them as a vet for 3-5 years.

I know, Jordan Love will be 4 years at least. Hurts could be even longer until he gets a shot at becoming a full time starter.

I know, Jordan Love will be 4 years at least. Hurts could be even longer until he gets a shot at becoming a full time starter.
Rodgers will sook and demand a trade before his contract finishes.

Rodgers will sook and demand a trade before his contract finishes.

I don't think he'll have much as in the matter, will all depend how quickly Love develops, if GB is happy to move on at an appropriate time.

I thought it was only 1-3 years? I would have signed Hunter to 4 or 5 if I knew that!

Put the toys back in the cot mate, GG can change it to five for you still. 😜

I thought it was only 1-3 years? I would have signed Hunter to 4 or 5 if I knew that!
Rookies off rookie contracts (Ie 500k) = 1/2 years, then all new contracts minimum 3-5 years.

For the new guys....so what it means is you have to tag me in this thread, and note down all the players you're re-signing and for how many years (rookies either 1 or 2 yrs....vets either 2 or 3 years....and franchise tags either 1st Round Grade, 2nd Round Grade, or 3rd Round Grade)....and post that in this thread.

Because I do everything manually first at this stage of the season before we move forward to the Auction Stage, the Draft and Waivers.
This from the 1st page of this thread...

This from the 1st page of this thread...

Give the bot a break, we changed that rule from 1-3 to 3-5 2 years ago I believe, he types out so much stuff and rules for so many different leagues it probably just slippedm his mind at the time. He'll change Hunter to 5 years if you want so don't stress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back