Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really irritated about our loss to North right now.

That game and our 3rd quarter against Carlton says we shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves.

That said, we’re not Collingwood and don’t have a sexual assault/racism/covid scandal combo going at the moment, so yeah, things are pretty decent.

Great results for us all weekend!

Really irritated about our loss to North right now.
Most would say we'd have lost to Richmond at the start of the year.

I think most would say after five rounds we'd be 2-3 having lost to the Bulldogs, Richmond, Collingwood and beaten Carlton & North Melbourne.

Just swap the North loss for the Richmond win, happy days.

Great results for us all weekend!

Most would say we'd have lost to Richmond at the start of the year.

I think most would say after five rounds we'd be 2-3 having lost to the Bulldogs, Richmond, Collingwood and beaten Carlton & North Melbourne.

Just swap the North loss for the Richmond win, happy days.
Richmond are weird this year. It's like they have zero drive.

That camp sounds like something out of a Steven King novel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shapeshifting, inter dimensional beings rocked up to eat them???

Then he backpedalled when it came out that the St Kilda supporter was just having a crack at Krakouer for being an ex-jailbird.
I always thought that gave us more of an insight into Eddies thoughts about indigenous people bit of a Freudian slip.

Tested 25 000 yesterday so bound to happen. But unfortunately a lot in the public housing flats with 9 blocks in total shutdown - no in or out - for at least the next 5 days while they test every resident.
Part of that could also be to protect the residents, there are a lot of people in the more high risk categories in public housing.

Yikes. How to destroy a premiership threat with a few exercises!

Yikes. How to destroy a premiership threat with a few exercises!
Reckon they were destroyed anyway after losing to the Tigers and then losing Charlie Cameron and Lever.

They were a decent team but I reckon a lot of the motivation and drive for success was linked to the passing of Phil Walsh

For 2 years this had been a driving force and when they lost with a whimper to Richmond it was all too much to bear.

Of course then came a mini exodus and then ..... the camp

How did we lose that game to norf is beyond me. I hope it doesnt come back and haunt us. Should have been 4-1 sitting 3rd on the ladder min

Cunnington seems to the difference, they never win without him. Also Higgins got injured.

Weird? Yes. But doesn’t sound that bad to be honest. I don’t see how they can use it as an excuse for their poor form since the grand final. I think their performance or lack of performance in the GF would leave a far greater mental toll than the four day camp.

Weird? Yes. But doesn’t sound that bad to be honest. I don’t see how they can use it as an excuse for their poor form since the grand final. I think their performance or lack of performance in the GF would leave a far greater mental toll than the four day camp.

I don’t know.
They mentioned that personal issues only the club knew were thrown at them during the exercises. If that’s true, that’s an enormous breach of trust.

I think it was a bit like us after 2010. Had done everything they could and came up short. Mentally shot and the camp probably made a burnt out tired club a fractured miserable environment.

I don’t know.
They mentioned that personal issues only the club knew were thrown at them during the exercises. If that’s true, that’s an enormous breach of trust.

I have been involved in similar & they would’ve conducted a thorough psych test prior to running the exercise. I’m sure they would’ve used triggers discovered through the psych during the exercise. This type of ‘camp’ is nothing new in sport, business, military (obviously) & has proven to be very successful. I imagine other afl clubs would’ve done similar but for some reason this particular camp has been blown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back