Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been involved in similar & they would’ve conducted a thorough psych test prior to running the exercise. I’m sure they would’ve used triggers discovered through the psych during the exercise. This type of ‘camp’ is nothing new in sport, business, military (obviously) & has proven to be very successful. I imagine other afl clubs would’ve done similar but for some reason this particular camp has been blown up.
Maybe because it was a diabolical failure

I have been involved in similar & they would’ve conducted a thorough psych test prior to running the exercise. I’m sure they would’ve used triggers discovered through the psych during the exercise. This type of ‘camp’ is nothing new in sport, business, military (obviously) & has proven to be very successful. I imagine other afl clubs would’ve done similar but for some reason this particular camp has been blown up.

I sounds a bit ham-fisted in it's delivery. The stuff with privately disclosed traumatic events made public and culturally insulting aspects aren't ever going to go down well. It's pretty out dated with this generation as well. Melbourne did one that injured players and upset the soft *****, they seem to get better results with things like mindfulness and making training enjoyable these days. The kids are emotionally nowhere near as stunted as my generation, they haven't been exposed to harsh criticism or ego hits from others.

Anyone watching the freo game for opposition research. Only a qtr down but looks like we have two very winnable games coming up.

We could arguably have U 12's and beat both of these sides.

The commentators would certainly agree.

It's a shocking game of footy, fumbles, shit kicking, yo-yo footy as both sides are just shitting the bed constantly, then randomly there'll be a moment where it'll 'click" because they'll remember they're supposed to be the best footballers of the land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shocking game of footy, fumbles, sh*t kicking, yo-yo footy as both sides are just shitting the bed constantly, then randomly there'll be a moment where it'll 'click" because they'll remember they're supposed to be the best footballers of the land.
It's like us from mid last year, if we were playing ourselves.

We take either lightly or are not switched on we could loose both , dont forget the crows own us , i warned people last year and some scoffed at me , God i hope im wrong this year

Last edited:
We take either lightly or are not switched on we could loose both , dont forget the crows own us , i warned people last year so some scoffed at me , God i hope im wrong this year

I agree. Honestly, any game is a danger game if we start to believe our own publicity.
I’ll be as nervous for the next two games as any other we play.

We take either lightly or are not switched on we could loose both , dont forget the crows own us , i warned people last year so some scoffed at me , God i hope im wrong this year

Crows:
  • Unable to extricate from D50
  • Running around 60% DE, period.
  • Josh Bruce F50 conversion rate.
  • Technically 2 quarters of no goals (1st goal after half time siren)
Freo:
  • Couldn't buy a clearance, owned the outside
  • Unable to defend in D50, Crows just shit the bed re conversion
  • Burned crows on turnover & transition

We play the game we know we can, neither side has the D50 to defend it, neither side has the forwards in any sort of form to command respect, I mean, Walters who normally carved us up had 1 disposal at half time. One.

There is literally nothing in this game that is a worry if we are "on" as neither side has the caapcity to sustain a short kick style and there are obvious brakes if they try and run it through since they're missing 40% of their total disposal targets.

I agree. Honestly, any game is a danger game if we start to believe our own publicity.
I’ll be as nervous for the next two games as any other we play.

God this is terrible footy though.

We'd have to play like the second half of round 1 for the whole game to lose I reckon.

Yeah getting a little ahead of ourselves :p but we've played much better footy than either of these teams by a long way.

Crows:
  • Unable to extricate from D50
  • Josh Bruce F50 conversion rate.
  • Technically 2 quarters of no goals (1st goal after half time siren)
Freo:
  • Couldn't buy a clearance, owned the outside
  • Unable to defend in D50, Crows just sh*t the bed re conversion
  • Burned crows on turnover & transition

We play the game we know we can, neither side has the D50 to defend it, neither side has the forwards in any sort of form to command respect, I mean, Walters who normally carved us up had 1 disposal at half time. One.

There is literally nothing in this game that is a worry if we are "on" as neither side has the caapcity to sustain a short kick style and there are obvious brakes if they try and run it through since they're missing 40% of their total disposal targets.
All true , the word is ON though, Adelaide at home will test us i think though , it wont be easy

All true , the word is ON though, Adelaide at home will test us i think though , it wont be easy

Disagree to an extent.

We've changed around the F50 where we are actually getting reward for effort more often than not, both of these sides due to poorness in the chain, work for their rewards, hence not firing a shot this season thus far. If this is not a 6-4 shots on in a half of footy thing like this match, both sides don't have the capacity to surmount a 6 goal gap, as both will be burned on the eventual turnover.

Of course if the players think it'll be a cakewalk, there will be issues, but us? members, supporters and what have you, they are playing shocking footy, we are not, if they're professional about it and what they need to do to win, we comfortably win those two on exposed form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back