2020 Leadership Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost an embarrassment of riches these days as far as leaders and potential leaders in the coming years.

All of these make a good case:

Possible VC's now
Vlas
Grimes
Sheds
Dusty

Future VC's 2-3 years
Fridge
Meatball
Lunch
Caddy (These 3 could actually be the Sun's leadership trio right now all things considered)
Lambo
Astbury

Young leadership material 3-5 years
Higgins
Rioli
Short
Ross
Castagna

You have to use your imagination with some of of them and I don't know any of the players personally so it's hard to say who will develop as leaders from afar but all of these are great to have in the squad.

The future looks good.

Almost an embarrassment of riches these days as far as leaders and potential leaders in the coming years.

Possible VC's now
Vlas
Grimes
Sheds
Dusty

Future VC's 2-3 years
Fridge
Meatball
Lunch
Caddy (These 3 could actually be the Sun's leadership trio right now all things considered)
Lambo
Astbury

Higgins
Rioli
Short
Ross
Castagna

You have to use your imagination with some of of them and I don't know any of the players personally so it's hard to say who will develop as leaders from afar but all of these are great to have in the squad.

The future looks good.

Colman Jones was also SA captain during his draft year and has future leader written all over him (from reports)

Captain - Trent Cotchin
Vice Captain - Jack Riewoldt
Other leadership group members - Grimes, Vlastuin, Edwards and possibly Lynch.

Lynch might be a little controversial, but the amount of tall and young players that we have makes me think that he’d be a good pick for the leadership group alongside Riewoldt. That’s only if he’s happy with it because maybe he doesn’t want to be one of the leaders.

Surprised no one has said dusty

I think he’s a Monty
The game he captained last year I felt he relished the responsibility

Yes shed also did an outstanding job but I think dusty would be huge!

Captain cotch
Vc dusty jack
Those three are all champions and the love they have for eachother would spread through the group

deputies shed grimes dion

No chance Shedda, he's too old. Will definitely be a younger future leader like Grimes or Tigga.

I expect the forward/mid/back setup to continue.

The next wave after Cotch and Jack will be interesting though. I expect Lynch will be promoted after Jack's retirement.

Dusty did a great job last year, but is there a spot for him?

When will the leadership group be announced, after preseason trip to QLD?

probs after generally we are pretty late to announce our leadership group compared to other teams

No chance Shedda, he's too old. Will definitely be a younger future leader like Grimes or Tigga.

I expect the forward/mid/back setup to continue.

The next wave after Cotch and Jack will be interesting though. I expect Lynch will be promoted after Jack's retirement.

Dusty did a great job last year, but is there a spot for him?
After the Chimp Meister retires... 👍;)👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possible VC's now
Vlas
Grimes
Sheds
Dusty

Future VC's 2-3 years
Fridge
Meatball
Lunch
Lambo
Astbury

Higgins
Rioli
Short
Ross
Castagna

The future looks good.
I reckon Rioli is a wildcard a few years away , already showing great leadership for a young bloke amongst the indigenous players , if he keeps at it he will be viewed like shedda who’s been a great role model

Remove this Banner Ad

Back