List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam: Have you told interstate clubs that you don't want to leave Victoria?

Archie Perkins: I have and I hope they take that on board. Personally I feel I'm not ready (to move) in my stage of life and I feel it would impact me.

And this is what we are dealing with!

I’ve adjusted my phantom accordingly.

Sam: Have you told interstate clubs that you don't want to leave Victoria?

Archie Perkins: I have and I hope they take that on board. Personally I feel I'm not ready (to move) in my stage of life and I feel it would impact me.

And this is what we are dealing with!

I’ve adjusted my phantom accordingly.
Yeah at least he is open about it... its a shame... he will be a very good player by the looks of it!

He already had enough question marks on him, a lot more about potential than performance at this stage, throw this into the equation and it is probably a sign that mentally he may not be as strong as others, eventually that matters.

He already had enough question marks on him, a lot more about potential than performance at this stage, throw this into the equation and it is probably a sign that mentally he may not be as strong as others, eventually that matters.
I'm curious to see if Bailey Smith ever flames out. He expressed similar thoughts to recruiters in his draft year.

I'm curious to see if Bailey Smith ever flames out. He expressed similar thoughts to recruiters in his draft year.
The problem for us is that they can exist quite fine and flourish in Victoria - in their comfort zone near friends, family and familiar places - but would likely not give an interstate club a proper chance to succeed.

And Vics still pooh pooh our academy.

So, if Perkins slides through Essendon's picks, what will GWS do?

I'd be reluctant to spend our first pick on him given that reluctance to ''do his best'' away from Victoria. Our greatest need is defence, so if Heath Chapman or Nik Cox are there at wherever 10 drifts back to, I'd hope we'd still pick one of them. But if Perkins is still there at the next pick, do we take a punt or let him get through to a Collingwood or a Richmond (sheesh!) cheaply?

Hopefully Essendon call his name, but I'd have to live with GWS backing itself at either of the next picks. Might be kicking myself in 1 or 2 years though!

So, if Perkins slides through Essendon's picks, what will GWS do?

I'd be reluctant to spend our first pick on him given that reluctance to ''do his best'' away from Victoria. Our greatest need is defence, so if Heath Chapman or Nik Cox are there at wherever 10 drifts back to, I'd hope we'd still pick one of them. But if Perkins is still there at the next pick, do we take a punt or let him get through to a Collingwood or a Richmond (sheesh!) cheaply?

Hopefully Essendon call his name, but I'd have to live with GWS backing itself at either of the next picks. Might be kicking myself in 1 or 2 years though!

That interview of Perkins this morning and the questioning was very deliberate. He was clearly given mail there was a strong chance he would slide to Giants and got on front foot.

The VFL guys can talk til they are blue in the face about building culture blah blah blah but it’s a lot of rot.

Just really hoping one of Cox or Reid is available when we make out first selection. Definitely don’t want this pussy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our next 2 picks & a 2021 4th rounder.
Reasonable.
We haven't added anywhere near what I was hoping to this draft, but an extra first round next year is nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back