List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS

McCartney on SEN.

Sounds like Jason will still do his list management role as well being the new GM just as Gubby did in his time with us. So maybe our concern of having Sos return was never on the cards.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
If nobody bids on Green until 10 there’s going to be melts upon melts upon melts on the D&T board.

Gill will have payed off the other clubs. The academy will once again have produced a top 2 player that was got cheap and dodgily.

The salt will be enough to give you a coronary.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
If nobody bids on Green until 10 there’s going to be melts upon melts upon melts on the D&T board.

Gill will have payed off the other clubs. The academy will once again have produced a top 2 player that was got cheap and dodgily.

The salt will be enough to give you a coronary.
Anyone with any sense would realise we traded 3 1st rounders to do it.

Sooks who spend more time looking at the Northern Clubs as someone to blame for their own clubs inept trading/drafting/recruiting have no worth other than to amuse and wind up.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Anyone with any sense would realise we traded 3 1st rounders to do it.

Sooks who spend more time looking at the Northern Clubs as someone to blame for their own clubs inept trading/drafting/recruiting have no worth other than to amuse and wind up.
I tend to disagree. The afl should be trying to make gws appeal to ex Victorians, SA, WA, Tasmanians living in Sydney( and the kids they have), this type of trade period does not help. We have overpaid for one player, and alienated people despite having shot ourselves in the foot.
We should have just taken 12,18, which turns into green and pick 25 or so.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I tend to disagree. The afl should be trying to make gws appeal to ex Victorians, SA, WA, Tasmanians living in Sydney( and the kids they have), this type of trade period does not help. We have overpaid for one player, and alienated people despite having shot ourselves in the foot.
We should have just taken 12,18, which turns into green and pick 25 or so.

How so? We have used 3 1st rounders to hopefully get 2 players.

Not like we used 1 4th rounder to get 5 1st round players.

I'm all for fair but I'm not into having our club bent over because some Mexicans think we are here to raid and nothing more.

If Melbourne don't pick Green then we haven't shot ourselves in the foot and have traded well.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Earlier in the year if someone said you are going to finish runner up and then draft Lachie Ash and Tom Green without losing Stephen Coniglio you would just about call for them to be picked up by a white truck.

For the team to engineer this possibility it can be seen as nothing less than a coup.

I will take two top 5 selections over 12, 18 and 20 something every day of the week.

As for the bleating...just white noise, we just keep rolling forward regardless.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Earlier in the year if someone said you are going to finish runner up and then draft Lachie Ash and Tom Green without losing Stephen Coniglio you would just about call for them to be picked up by a white truck.

For the team to engineer this possibility it can be seen as nothing less than a coup.

I will take two top 5 selections over 12, 18 and 20 something every day of the week.

As for the bleating...just white noise, we just keep rolling forward regardless.
Yeah i really agree... It is ridiculous we get that type of talent through the door after the season that was. If we are fit and firing for 2020 the sky is the limit.

if we can keep the big three who are off contract this year as well then the future indeed looks bright

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Good work recruiting team, no secret I preferred Young but Ash is no worse of a pick, really looking forward to him making an early impact next season and will bring back that Zip we lost with Wilson leaving.
Green dropping to 10 is amazing considering I was ready for the Pick 5 bid, super happy with that outcome.

With our late late picks tomorrow I'm hoping we find a way to get a small forward, and an outside midfielder/winger

Deficit depends on what's true or not - GWS article last night listed picks used to pay this year that we didn't own from what was public knowledge & indicated that there might have been another deal done.
That's incorrect. Basically the AFL updated the draft order to remove all the picks that were rookie upgrades. The picks listed as us giving up match those once accounting for the net result of the Henry bid and resulting trade.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Thanks dlanod, I have now seen your post in the main draft/resource thread - I had missed the pick reshuffle caused by Freo matching the Henry bid. My original deficit count would still be wrong as I had not factored in those changes. Better than originally thought for sure though!

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Can see Ash and Riccardi starting in our 22 Round 1. Had heard we were really into Jake but doubted it with our tall stocks but still stoked to get him. Hoping this means we take Delahunty as a Cat B rookie but I'm not sure how we sit with rookie spots rn

Back