List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Rendell reporting on AFL Trade Jessie Hogan to GWS.

Depends what we pay for him.

All for giving him a shot as he has plenty of upside should he get it right but don’t want to carry a large contract or pay through the nose with a trade.

I'm really torn on the Jesse thing. He has been a disappointment at Freo. And off field incidents get in the way.

However

I am also nervous of that Dusty situation. You don't take someone due to their behaviour and then they become a superstar. Jesse was a superstar at the demons.

The club obviously know more than us

On CPH2009 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully we have confidence in our welfare department to give Jesse the best chance to be a success with us.
Also if he is heading our way its probably also an indication that Ratugolea won't be part of any Cameron trade.
Parfitt and draft picks will be the starting point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you see as getting the transfer done?
I honestly don't know. I know what I'd want - similar to a lot of other GWS fans. But my point has been I'd trust both clubs' recruitment departments to thrash out something that ... perhaps neither will be entirely satisfied by, but that indicates it's a fair deal for both.

It's the attitude expressed by some Cats fans that annoys me - acting like petulant little children arguing over getting sweets at the supermarket! (As if what they or we think makes any difference in then real world.)

I'm really torn on the Jesse thing. He has been a disappointment at Freo. And off field incidents get in the way.

However

I am also nervous of that Dusty situation. You don't take someone due to their behaviour and then they become a superstar. Jesse was a superstar at the demons.

Yeah, I'm pretty similar to you. Hopeful that it's a positive risk/reward situation. I do think that - providing we don't pay trade or contract too much - if he doesn't pay off, we have others on the list (Riccardi, HH, ToJ) who can pick up the slack anyway. Best case, he's just a bit below Jezza's level. I am hoping that being out of the limelight and some pressure removed would help whatever his issues are. But no guarantee of course.

Im a big yes to Hogan. Mostly because I think it will be a free hit with huge upside.
We'll get him at a very reasonable price, he it a good age and price demographic we need, in that mid range, not a talented kid with potential, but also not a star on big dollars. We need more of them.
No to Treloar, not worth the dollars to us. He will be expensive, isn't a filling what we need most and has an injury history.

As for the cats question. I'd like an AFL ready player preferably mid 20's (or younger) and a high draft pick. Wouldn't suprise me if the trade end up being something. A pick in the teens and a player (parfit, Bews, menagola etc) for say whatever we get for Hately and our pick in the 30's and a future 3rd. We will still get the Compo of pick 9, a player and a pick in the teens. Geelong will get Cameron and some lower picks. Both sides will be better off as the Comp pick is still involved.

I honestly don't know. I know what I'd want - similar to a lot of other GWS fans. But my point has been I'd trust both clubs' recruitment departments to thrash out something that ... perhaps neither will be entirely satisfied by, but that indicates it's a fair deal for both.

It's the attitude expressed by some Cats fans that annoys me - acting like petulant little children arguing over getting sweets at the supermarket! (As if what they or we think makes any difference in then real world.)

Typically a reasonable trade is when both sides feel they have given too much ground, so Id say Geelong will give more than they want and GWS will get less than they want. I suspect there are posters from all teams that take POV that would struggle to get something done... yes and some can be as you describe.

What is your want? 2r1 picks and a player ?

However

Hogan could facilitate HH moving back but there's a reason Freo are moving him on. If he can sort out his baggage and buy into the Giants culture, then he could be a great piece of the puzzle.
He is a good size and moves well despite his lumbering gait.
I was really upset when Treloar left but can't see a place for him now.

Hogan you would think it would go public by end of the week would nominate a preference club
Until then it's just speculation

The good thing with Hogan plays deep, so many of his goals were within the 30 in 2018
(47.23 and 18 disp ave for 2018)
Could straighten us up and Riccardi as CHF if we get it right with coaching

Hard no on Treloar - way over paid and he made comments about playing in front of big crowds when he left so would be pretty funny if he ended up at Gold Coast.

As long as we don’t have to over pay on salary Hogan is worth a punt. Play him out of the goal square. Very hard to stop

Hogan you would think it would go public by end of the week would nominate a preference club
Until then it's just speculation

The good thing with Hogan plays deep, so many of his goals were within the 30 in 2018
(47.23 and 18 disp ave for 2018)
Could straighten us up and Riccardi as CHF if we get it right with coaching

If.....big IF... He stays on the park.

That foot is a worry and our S&C team are like my 4 year old when she accidentally pulls the arm off her barbie

Hard no on Treloar - way over paid and he made comments about playing in front of big crowds when he left so would be pretty funny if he ended up at Gold Coast.

As long as we don’t have to over pay on salary Hogan is worth a punt. Play him out of the goal square. Very hard to stop
He would enjoy the delivery when our guys keep it low going in

If.....big IF... He stays on the park.

That foot is a worry and our S&C team are like my 4 year old when she accidentally pulls the arm off her barbie

Still needs to nominate 1st so im not getting too caught up in it

Typically a reasonable trade is when both sides feel they have given too much ground, so Id say Geelong will give more than they want and GWS will get less than they want. I suspect there are posters from all teams that take POV that would struggle to get something done... yes and some can be as you describe.

What is your want? 2r1 picks and a player ?
I think we can get to that by finding a way to still get the compensation pick, we'll also give you guys a few picks back. Geelong probably give up a pick in the teens and a player. We'll give whatever we get for Hately and a pick in the 30's, maybe something else. We'll get the compensation pick, a pick in the teens and a player. Geelong get Cameron and a few later picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back