List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

So apart from adding Will Shaw to our rookie list we also re-drafted Reid and Sproule to the rookie list and a bit surprised we kept Sproule onboard rather then picking up Josh Green.
Give Green another year in NAB League and 2nd tier, figure out if he's a mid or defender and then make a call, I like it

Why didn’t we do that trade with Geelong??? It was for a first rounder and we just used a pick on some kid that is a complete punt. I’m hating this.
When it happened, the names Pat McKenna and Kristian Jaksch came flooding back.

I don’t get why he isn’t worth a rookie sport when there’s certain players who keep
Getting these spots but don’t seem to improve.

If Sproule ever makes it as an AFL player I’ll go hee, he’s just not an AFL standard player. How much data and how many chances do you need? I wish some of these decisions were clearly articulated to members...

If Sproule ever makes it as an AFL player I’ll go hee, he’s just not an AFL standard player. How much data and how many chances do you need? I wish some of these decisions were clearly articulated to members...

We used to be pretty good with social media and information to fans.

It’s turned into promotional and good news stories only.

We need/deserve information especially when drafting decisions are made that confuse the entire fan base.

“A few people have said that - that I may have looked a bit angry or whatever,” Bruhn told AAP.

“But I’m so happy - it’s such a good outcome and it was more shock than anything.

“I’m pretty reserved so my emotion probably didn’t show but I’m just so happy.”

“A few people have said that - that I may have looked a bit angry or whatever,” Bruhn told AAP.

“But I’m so happy - it’s such a good outcome and it was more shock than anything.

“I’m pretty reserved so my emotion probably didn’t show but I’m just so happy.”

I found an interview with him and they asked him about potential clubs which suited his love of surfing. He said “Sydney would be great, actually I think I would love to be in Sydney.”
I think it was all a bit too much for him!

I think most of us would have liked one of the highly rated defenders which we didn't get.

Pretty sure most are happy with Bruhn. He looks a quality player. You bring in one a year and it is a good year, as long as he becomes the player we think he will be, it is probably a reasonable draft in itself.

I think that Carruso has mostly got it right since he has been in charge, despite Angwin particularly not being on the radar, happy to see how it pans out.
Most of the info in regards to Stone and Angwin seems to be raw, but high ceilings.

The fact we got another first rounder for next year because the team didnt think there was anything overly strong in that area of the draft and to openly say as much is courage of your conviction stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not overly excited by the draftees from this year but it does give an indication that the club is backing in the players already on the list and also I think this years crop will mostly take a couple of years to develop
I think the Bruhn reaction is overblown by the media who will jump on anything to paint the Giants in a bad light as it will get clicks by the VFLers

A shame we didn’t even give Josh Green a chance.

The academy has kind of dried up the last couple of years and I am not sure if cuts have been announced but I can see significant cuts due to Covid
No one else took a punt on him so hopefully he comes back as an overager and he will see game time in the reserves if he does and then if form shows it he can still be picked up in next years draft
Interesting how a few years ago a few including myself were big on Macreadie and he has been delisted by Carlton so it shows hwo good we are at picking them

Also it will be interesting to know if the recruiters changed approach to the questions for draftees about moving away from home after Hately/Caldwell as that does sting after the 2 years and high draft pick the clubs used on them

The academy has kind of dried up the last couple of years and I am not sure if cuts have been announced but I can see significant cuts due to Covid
No one else took a punt on him so hopefully he comes back as an overager and he will see game time in the reserves if he does and then if form shows it he can still be picked up in next years draft
Interesting how a few years ago a few including myself were big on Macreadie and he has been delisted by Carlton so it shows hwo good we are at picking them

Also it will be interesting to know if the recruiters changed approach to the questions for draftees about moving away from home after Hately/Caldwell as that does sting after the 2 years and high draft pick the clubs used on them

The cry babies from Collingwood did a good job making our Academy redundant whilst ensuring they got maximum benefit from the NGA rort on top of their Father/Son stockpile. That on top of picking of a pool of approximately 60% VIC based junior talent each year makes it a nice equalised environment! 😏

A shame we didn’t even give Josh Green a chance.
Plenty of our guys have come on after missing out on their first draft year (Lions too), so it's not the end of the road - especially with the new VFL reserves, that can give 19 year olds AFL experience week in and out.

So if I’m interpreting the video correctly we had it ranked Reid, Bruhn, Stone, Chapman and if Adelaide picked Stone we had a deal ready with Nth Melbourne to move up and get Chapman.

Dare say that deal would have cost us 24 and 30 which ultimately netted us Collingwood’s 1st rounder.

Caruso has that same enthusiasm for Bruhn as he did for Butters....hopefully a similar result!

So based on this we’re pretty happy. The only thing that still puzzles me is the Angwin pick. Literally nobody had him that high and even in their discussions they seem a bit unsure! Hope the kid can play!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back