Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry J. When I saw your trade bait line, you lost me.
Is that because you're melodramatic? They're trade suggestions: players of value that we are struggling to get full value out of in our system.

At most, two would leave, but perhaps none. When we're starved for elite pace with footskills and solid positional play, we may have to give up something to get something. I've listed my 22 and reserves 22 on the basis of all of them staying.

If we delisted Kennedy and kept Moore I'd expect the club to hand back the keys.
Moore is rookie listed, has clean hands on the deck, and can actually run. What little I've seen of Moore at stoppages suggests he's actually better at them than Kennedy. If you're comparing them as forwards - which I am not - then I understand where you are coming from, but I'm looking at this from the perspective of a dynamic inside midfielder that could learn to rotate forward over time and do some damage.

Moore has potential there, while Kennedy does not. It's possible both may go.

I think you both need to actually read what I've written, instead of tweeting reactions at me on a discussion forum.

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Is that because you're melodramatic? They're trade suggestions: players of value that we are struggling to get full value out of in our system.

At most, two would leave, but perhaps none. When we're starved for elite pace with footskills and solid positional play, we may have to give up something to get something. I've listed my 22 and reserves 22 on the basis of all of them staying.

Moore is rookie listed, has clean hands on the deck, and can actually run. What little I've seen of Moore at stoppages suggests he's actually better at them than Kennedy. If you're comparing them as forwards - which I am not - then I understand where you are coming from, but I'm looking at this from the perspective of a dynamic inside midfielder that could learn to rotate forward over time and do some damage.

I think you both need to actually read what I've written, instead of tweeting reactions at me on a discussion forum.
You’re really on an island with this Moore thing, Jim, no melodrama attached...

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Who would you have taken with pick 6 in the 2016 draft?
I was keen on Scrimshaw at that level, with an eye to making him into a stoppage mid, and I still believe he has that potential.

That being said, given the talk of the time, I probably would have been chasing a pick to secure McCluggage, or swapping some picks to try and snare one of Florent and Simpkin, and then one of Berry, Powell-Pepper, English, Hayward or Cedric Cox.

You’re really on an island with this Moore thing, Jim, no melodrama attached...
Like I said, he probably is set to go, I just think he's been wasted by two clubs who refuse to recognise his running capacity and raw skill set.

For all I know, he could be dumb as a door nail and unable to pick up the structures and reads.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Jump straight to emotive provocation. Just that there are so many who you are prepared to sell. Then you are on on a Moore who kicks bags against pseudo defences in gimme scratchiest. Ex-players are umpiring them and game conditions are highly modified.
Anyway, happy to scrap, as you seem to be with...everyone!

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Great to see this and hope all is well with him and has a great 2021
Agree with you never good when a lad just goes off the rader struggling to produce what’s require to play solid AFL footy, supporters ponder but the club correctly shelters the player’s psychology and emotional welfare.
Liam like his teammate Paddy are both talented youngsters whom I hope begin to shine come season 2021 and onwards.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Agree with you never good when a lad just goes off the rader struggling to produce what’s require to play solid AFL footy, supporters ponder but the club correctly shelters the player’s psychology and emotional welfare.
Liam like his teammate Paddy are both talented youngsters whom I hope begin to shine come season 2021 and onwards.
There used to be a time many many years ago when i was younger that i thought i only wanted whats bad or other teams and only wanted good things to happen to players from my team. But i am 54 years old with 2 kids in their 20's and early 30's and know how much work it takes to even get to the draft let alone get drafted and the work their families put into the kids. I now hate to see kids give up on their dreams or have issue's that cause them not to make it.
Really hope they do well. cheers

Navy_Blue91

Debutant
Sep 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Agree seriously the worst post on here
Marchbank who just signed a 2 year extension.
Possible delist Moore showed nothing first player I delist.
I could go on but it’s late off too bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore has to be delisted, his performances and professionalism aren’t up to AFL standard.

Marchbank is 100 percent trade bait, we need players with durability. Yes he has potential... However, the club has been way to loyal to players in recent years, especially guys who take a large cut of the salary cap that are injury prone... Jarrad Waite, Kreuzer, C.Curnow, Jamison, Marchbank etc.

Missing those players in crucial games have killed us in the last decade. Chances are if Marchbank does finally get fit and show some form his manager will try and take the club for a ride.

Take the value when offered. Sick of having injury prone players in the list that are missing for 3/4 of the season.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Jump straight to emotive provocation. Just that there are so many who you are prepared to sell. Then you are on on a Moore who kicks bags against pseudo defences in gimme scratchiest. Ex-players are umpiring them and game conditions are highly modified.
Anyway, happy to scrap, as you seem to be with...everyone!
Read the post, and you'll realise how daft these statements are.

Moore takes up a rookie list spot, so unless those are decreasing, there's value in keeping a 6'4" player with fast hands and a good strength/speed/endurance mix to see if we can tool him up as a midfielder.

If you want to focus on players who are taking up senior list spots for no benefit to us, look no further than Finbar and Kennedy.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Read the post, and you'll realise how daft these statements are.

Moore takes up a rookie list spot, so unless those are decreasing, there's value in keeping a 6'4" player with fast hands and a good strength/speed/endurance mix to see if we can tool him up as a midfielder.

If you want to focus on players who are taking up senior list spots for no benefit to us, look no further than Finbar and Kennedy.

Is this Callum Moore you speaking about ?

If so you would have more chance of Levi becoming a mid , He is a HF/FP that can lead high but no chance becoming a mid

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

You literally said nothing about Kennedy bar delist?

Kennedy when given opportunity has shown potential at AFL level both as a forward and a midfielder. But unfortunately he can't get a game regardless of how poorly other favourites perform.

Moore in two games and at Richmond prior showed nothing at AFL level.

Further if Kennedy was bad as you seem to believe he could be delisted and rookied. It wouldn't work because a club that wasn't brain dead would snap him up.

Absolutely no chance he is delisted, traded possibly. But I doubt even that.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
SPS has proven he can play good football and actually often does despite playing in a very unnatural position.

He’s learnt a lot over the last 18 months and is ready to be unleashed back into the middle or even better HFF.

One of the last players we should be trading, and certainly not an “Orourke”.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
SPS has proven he can play good football and actually often does despite playing in a very unnatural position.

He’s learnt a lot over the last 18 months and is ready to be unleashed back into the middle or even better HFF.

One of the last players we should be trading, and certainly not an “Orourke”.

I truely hope its the old carlton way of developing midfielders - a couple of years as a backman to develop their defensive game and then unleash (brett ratten style)

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't get the point that you are trying to make. Merrett is not a contested ball winner. Happens to have elite disposal which we are seeking. You certainly want the ball in his hands kicking it to our forwards instead of our mids.
I am making the point that Merrett would be better at Carlton than he is at Essendon because we have better contested ball winners which would allow him to use his attributes better.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

We know he's a stupid old man, but this really tells you a lot assuming it's true.

With 5 picks in the 2012 National Draft, SOS selects
  • Whitfield (good)
  • O'Rourke (crap)
  • Plowman (crap)
  • Jacksch (crap)

Before Grundy was taken 18. And now we find out the Senior Coach was pleading the List Manager for them to take the best ruckman, aruably best player from that draft.

SOS is not the list management demi-god many on here make him out to be. He's possibly torched quite a number of our premium picks with Dow, LOB and SPS immediately coming to mind.

The indications that Austin is the consummate professional couldn't be any more welcome in my mind. Our football department stank a bit while St SOS was there.
Gee whiz, Kevin Sheedy saying something that makes Kevin Sheedy look like a genius.

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
irrelevancy seeking traction splashes about in sea of stupidity for destructive comment on past sporting great...........fails..............again.............the end
I find it hilarious you would suggest other posters are irrelevant
You add hardly anything to chat on this board, and this post is another example of that.

JDequed

Debutant
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Gee whiz, Kevin Sheedy saying something that makes Kevin Sheedy look like a genius.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm sure Sheedy gave more than 1 recommendation on who he told them to pick, but forgets to mention the ones he got wrong.

It's easy to wait until the guy becomes a superstar and then say, yes I told you so.

Hit List -

1. Williams - Just the player we need and makes us immediately better and tougher.
2. Saad - Distance second to Williams. Has the run and carry but not as impactful a player as Williams
3. Merrett - Would make for a good get, but it won't happen.
4. Wines - Would cost too much but not the type we need whilst we have Cripps.
5. Wright - Not required.
6. Witherden - What for? Especially so should we take on Williams.

Ideal scenario for me -

a. Williams - HBF with stints through the midfield.
b. 2020 first rounder for an inside/outside mid who can impact forward.
c. 2020 second/third round trade for a KPD'er we can develop.
d. Do not spend the 2021 first. We need to know what we have before exhausting our currency next year.

Three of the right players should make us immediately better.
Papley would have been ideal but not to be....and no to just any small forward. Has to be the right type.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos

We know he's a stupid old man, but this really tells you a lot assuming it's true.

Ah yes, Sheedy, like a gambler, brags about his wins.

What makes them think Grundy would still be there? Salary cap would have forced him out or others a lot quicker. SOS is stubborn, we know that, but the "what if" stories are just that.

The problem with someone saying we should have done this instead of that and calling it out years later, is that you simply can't play the situation out all the way through to the end.

Who knows what Grundy may have been like and how he would have developed at GWS?
Who knows whether he would have asked to have been traded for lack of opportunity, given Mumford was a staple?

There are other intangible and I feel more so with a ruckman than a midfielder, because of the time they do take to become first-team regulars.

It's so lazy from Sheedy. Look forward to SOS biting back :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back