Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
the Carlton thread about SOS is fun to read..the shitfighting about what picks they used to get McGovern forgetting it seems that McAdam was also given up as part of that trade.. If Carlton supporters are Turkeys..SOS must be Christmas

Edit..on cue an article about how McGovern does not get near the ball..bwahahahah

Edit x 2..some Carlton supporters on their SOS thread are starting to question Liam Stocker and whether he should be on the list next year since he asked for permission to leave the hub early (poor lad must feel it not getting selected in a team that is going nowhere)
Lets not forget Sos had a stellar career at GWS before delivering da bloos their premiership list:

Five first round picks with the likes of Jonathan Giles and Dean Brogan as the lead ruckmen and SOS overlooks the best ruckmen in several years.

Completely agree. I would say for the die hards, the numbers of Port fans would be similar to Crows.

but we have the more casual SA football fan. And that’s fine. We have the same number of passionate fans but this untapped pool of potentials.
I'd agree. We have 5 Crows supporters including me at my workplace. I don't think the other 4 altogether would've watched more than a handful of games this year.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tickets start at 185 for the granny, so look out for armed robberies in the outer West.

45 percent of tickets to competing clubs, based on thier membership numbers. So look out for the rspca shelters joining port as members. Its mouse plague season, lots of numbers there

The rest of the tickets halfed between finals clubs and corporate hospitality.

Evidently the covid Cup has injected 60 million into queen'sland. And some clubs already organising pre season up there. Not good when people can't make thier fathers funeral.

srv23

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Gil said it probably won’t be 16 but also likely won’t be 20 just before on 360... sounds like they may go with 18 minutes
Jesus, my son's under 13 games had 18 minute quarters (no time on obviously but still!) And I reckon his year 8 school footy games were 20...

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
13kwe95fuhn51.png

lol Port.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably the highest pressure draft pick of the draft day trade era. I wonder if the kid couldn’t handle it
It wasn't smart drafting by Carlton. Also some kids can't handle the mental discipline to play professional football. If you are stressed and not enjoying it mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety only get exacerbated. I wish him all the best.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
It wasn't smart drafting by Carlton. Also some kids can't handle the mental discipline to play professional football. If you are stressed and not enjoying it mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety only get exacerbated. I wish him all the best.

From all the interviews I saw with him he seemed like a pretty switched on and mature kid. Which just goes to show how intense the pressure must have been on him after that drama.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's not a Blue in 1-2 years time. TBH its probably the best thing for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton in 2006 when he was 19.

Don't want to be that guy but would the cops ask any 19 year old lad where they got their new flash car from?

Probably wasn't a Hyundai Getz.

Not these days. See kids driving cars new or newish cars all the time. That said, there's not a lot of difference between years these days, so I'd probably see a recently detailed 2012 commodore and think it's more recent than a dirty current model. But, it could be innocent. get caught speeding, as 19 year olds do. Get asked who's car, 99/100 say it's mum's or dad's, kid says it's mine. Really? How'd you get it? Won it. Bullshit mate, how'd you really get the car? But you'd think if Eddie's unfairness senses weren't triggered, he'd probably not mention it all these years later.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts should retire immediately and take a farewell game. Carlton did him a favour by giving him a homecoming. He started the season well but really faded into obscurity as the season went on. Carlton need to bring in young talent. Already Adelaide have a list with more upside than Carlton and Carlton have been rebuilding for 5 years. Betts needs to take a leaf out of Gibbs book and retire with dignity.

Did I hear Burgoyne got another 1 year deal? Oh that was a mistake. He is cooked.

They should have kept him fresh. He played every game up until the one before ours. Madness.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably not odds that would make you pull someone over.

Why would you assume he wasn't legitimately pulled over and that's the convo that followed as he got whatever ticket coming to him. There's nothing in the short there suggesting he wasn't pulled over legitimately. Just that the disbelief of him owning the car was out of line.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reminds me of Will Smith in MIB 2 when he was stopped by 2 police in 1969 while driving a Cadillac, who ask him where he got the car

• [J is held by two cops]
    Agent J : Look man, I have my rights, and I demand to see a lawyer before you press the red button on that device!
    [the cops neuralyze themselves]
    Agent J : That was a standard grade neuralyzer, but you're not going to remember that. Keep in mind, just because you see a black man driving a car, does not mean he stole it!
    [pause]
    Agent J : OK, I did steal this one - but not because I'm black.

peter griffin discovers he had a black ancestor.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
They should have kept him fresh. He played every game up until the one before ours. Madness.
I love Eddie, hell he's still my avatar on BF. But if he hasn't been able to stay in games since round 8 with extended breaks and shortened quarters, then the writing is well and truly on the wall!

You've played 330 games and kicked 600+ goals Eddie, you've got nothing left to prove. Time to ride off into the sunset as one of the top 3 small forwards of all time.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
the Carlton thread about SOS is fun to read..the shitfighting about what picks they used to get McGovern forgetting it seems that McAdam was also given up as part of that trade.. If Carlton supporters are Turkeys..SOS must be Christmas

Edit..on cue an article about how McGovern does not get near the ball..bwahahahah

Edit x 2..some Carlton supporters on their SOS thread are starting to question Liam Stocker and whether he should be on the list next year since he asked for permission to leave the hub early (poor lad must feel it not getting selected in a team that is going nowhere)
And thosr BF carlton supporters have the nerve to call the crows a rabble..

They are tearing themselves to pieces and being beaten by th crows seems to have been the straw that broke the camels back!...

Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I dont even recall much of the games details

My few memories

1) Betts kicked an early goal in the goal square (either 1st or 2nd)
2) We were on fire in the first and up at 1/4 times
3) Game still in the balance at 1/2 time
4) Houhli was probably the best for them early, Martin taking over late.

Never watched that game again.
And Ive sat through and watched Super Bowl 51 TWICE since attending that game.

My memories:

Being surrounded by Richmond supporters in a London pub - arrogant campaigners the whole way through
Betts was held!
Holding the ball decisions being called against us where the player was tackled literally simultaneously with getting possession
Martin getting away with fend offs to the face
Hartigan (I think?) being blocked from a mark and getting the call AGAINST him
Walker attempting a miracle goal from the boundary and blasting it OOTF
Me being very sad
Me getting very drunk at the airport for 8 hours and almost missing my flight
Flying to Germany for Oktoberfest on the same day, which in hindsight was probably the best thing that I could have done to take my mind off the loss

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
My memories:

Being surrounded by Richmond supporters in a London pub - arrogant campaigners the whole way through
Betts was held!
Holding the ball decisions being called against us where the player was tackled literally simultaneously with getting possession
Me being very sad
Flying to Germany for Oktoberfest on the same day, which in hindsight was probably the best thing that I could have done to take my mind off the loss
I seem to recall a ridiculous advantage call and also Matt and or Brad handballing out of bounds when attempting to pass to the other despite being 2m away.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My memories:

Betts was held!
Me being very sad
...can you not, pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back