NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

None of this is going to matter. Quite honestly all this proves is the Patriots have smart players

Yeah, I think with the likes of a Hightower pulling the pin & now Chung, we'll see a rush if others around the league follow suit. Not that there won't be plenty willing to take their place if given the chance but as the song goes, how long can this go on?

One of the more interesting off seasons in a long time...

No season or adjusted season, a real damn shame that this shite won't let us see how it would have all unfolded truly :'(

More opt outs rolling in....

Marquise Goodwin, Star Lotolulei, Leo Koloamantangi, Michael Pierce, Cole Wick, Eddie Goldman, Eddie Vanderdoes, Kyle Peko, Brandon Bolden, Andre Smith

There goes half your fantasy teams right there ;)

But seriously, rip fantasy 2020

Yeah, I think with the likes of a Hightower pulling the pin & now Chung, we'll see a rush if others around the league follow suit. Not that there won't be plenty willing to take their place if given the chance but as the song goes, how long can this go on?

And listening to McCourty his issue is that he's seeing all these idiots from all around the NFL on social media out and about and his view is that it's more he can't trust other players to do the right thing to make it a safe working environment.

I completely agree, except for the african americans being more vulnerable. People who live in poverty are more exposed and vulnerable, hence why more African Americans contract it, co-vid doesn't choose race. That's just dumb reporting.

Last edited:
I completely agree, except for the african americans being more vulnerable. People who live in poverty are more exposed and vulnerable, hence why more African Americans contract it, co-vid doesn't choose race. That's just dumb reporting.

You almost got it right - covid doesn't discriminate but their health care system sure as s**t does.

Browns did so in 2017

NFL didn’t seem to care
SO if a whole team opts out you end up with a Baker Mayfield or Matt Stafford.

Wow as if going 0-16 wasnt already bad enough you get punished with a QB dressing up as a glimmer of hope only to always disappoint.

It was the same s**t when the Richmond players opted out of the hubs.

Anyone who criticizes anyone who not wanting to risk their life or the lives of loved ones needs to pull their head in.
and they would all be to gutless to say it face to face like most of the s**t people sling on social media or with web anonymity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put this into context, if a player who is at risk of not making the final roster opts out then it is likely that player will have to "play" all of 2021 on the practice squad without pay to clear their debt to the team.

This is why the NFL decided to reduce the training camp roster size to 80, so that a bunch of bubble players don't end up with debts to the Clubs. Whether or not the owners would forgive those debts is questionable.

The opt out date is sliding right due to no signature on the current proposal.

What happens if salary cap drops next year? Will it be a flat reduction per player or will that be left to club discretion how they distribute it?
It's probably too early to speculate on how that would be managed. There's a possibility that the salary cap could be frozen at the current level (~200 million) for a number of years until the shortfall is absorbed. It should be said that this approach impacts the owners the most and therefore is unlikely to be the final solution.

What happens if salary cap drops next year? Will it be a flat reduction per player or will that be left to club discretion how they distribute it?
If it drops to the bottom end being the $175m i think teams can spread it out over a few years like how teams can save about 10% one year to spent the next.

But yeah its going to be rough for some teams. Its what happens when teams keep restructuring contracts and just kick the can down the road. but no one saw this coming.
Some of those teams will be doing salary dumps and cutting starting players. Eagles are he cap hell if it drops to $175m

SO if a whole team opts out you end up with a Baker Mayfield or Matt Stafford.

Wow as if going 0-16 wasnt already bad enough you get punished with a QB dressing up as a glimmer of hope only to always disappoint.

That's another issue. If no season happens how do they hold a draft when no records are available.

That's another issue. If no season happens how do they hold a draft when no records are available.
Use the 2020 draft order.

The draft is going the be a shot in the dark anyway since i dont think there will be any CFB played. Just look at mocks from September last year and how the draft ended. its never the same.

I said around the draft. it there is a guy you love right now trade away next years picks since they will be useless without a season played.

Also I don’t think high BMI counts for athletes, by BMI nearly all rugby players are obese. Doesn’t take into account muscle mass. Poor report all round

Use the 2020 draft order.

The draft is going the be a shot in the dark anyway since i dont think there will be any CFB played. Just look at mocks from September last year and how the draft ended. its never the same.

I said around the draft. it there is a guy you love right now trade away next years picks since they will be useless without a season played.

I wouldn't think that's a fair system though to give teams a double dip at the top end of the draft for basically doing nothing.

I wouldn't think that's a fair system though to give teams a double dip at the top end of the draft for basically doing nothing.

It would have to be a lottery and weighted similar to the NBA you would think.

Its one of the only ways I see it being as fair as possible.

The chances of a player being a bust after no CFB scout tape will skyrocket.

I wouldnt want a top 10 pick next year. you are more likely to find someone who is a UFDA that will be a better player

I think that would work the best so long as each team is only represented by one set of lottery balls.
well considering the Jets, Jags and Miami all have 2 first round picks traded from Seattle, Houston and LA rams. thats not going to work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back