NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And now start the Philly positives right on schedule (per the mean):

And now start the Philly positives right on schedule (per the mean):

Bills rookies can beat that...

Bucs signed LeSean McCoy, formerly of the Chiefs, to a one-year, $1 million contract.
McCoy had interest from a few teams but was forced into waiting until camp to sign a near veteran-minimum contract. Last year, McCoy looked a step slower and probably won't be counted on for a big role in Tampa Bay. What McCoy does do is complicate things for Ronald Jones and rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn, both players who have been zero-RB targets the entire offseason. Adding McCoy to the mix further lowers the ceilings and floors for all involved. It's a backfield that probably should be avoided until the double-digit rounds of fantasy football drafts now that there's three members involved.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jul 30, 2020, 5:58 PM ET

The canary in the coal mine for NFL:

Bottom line, this is not sustainable. We have not even finished a full week and already 3 teams have been sidelined.

As we know, it takes 3-5 days to manifest positive results but you can spread the illness anytime prior to a positive test after you are infected.

Which means in all likelihood the Cardinals opponent this week will start testing positive by Monday.

The NFL has zero chance of being able to play. I expect to see mass defections and opt outs

Naturally the Cards played the Twins this week. Indians jumped right into that clubhouse yesterday.

Cleveland players will start testing positive by Tuesday

Last edited:
NFL suspended free agent WR Antonio Brown eight games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.
Any interested teams needed to wait for Brown's looming suspension to be handed down before signing him. Now that this is out of the way, Brown can move forward with his football career. Despite his on-again-off-again relationship with the league, Brown very likely wants to play again. Lamar Jackson has been open about campaigning for Brown in Baltimore. He'll be available to play again in Week 9 or 10, depending on where/if he signs. Brown turned 32 earlier this month but remains one of the more talented wideouts in strictly football terms.
Jul 31, 2020, 2:31 PM ET

Unfortunately, it seems baseball is just about done. I take no joy in guessing events would unfold like they did.

The bottom line to all of this is that sports has always been the toy box of life.

When your country (in this case my country) so abjectly fails in handling a situation such as Covid 19, and make no mistake—the United States of America has completely failed—there are direct and immediate consequences.

One of those being, you do not get to enjoy your toys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, it seems baseball is just about done. I take no joy in guessing events would unfold like they did.

The bottom line to all of this is that sports has always been the toy box of life.

When your country (in this case my country) so abjectly fails in handling a situation such as Covid 19, and make no mistake—the United States of America has completely failed—there are direct and immediate consequences.

One of those being, you do not get to enjoy your toys.

Six teams now on hold and it’s only a week in. It’s a joke, they’ve now implemented 7 inning double headers on top of more than half the teams making playoffs.

Difference with football is in baseball they play everyday, they’re trying to fit 60 games in 66 days. To quote an article from SI...

This is the problem with playing a daily sport without daily testing: The every-other-day testing plus up to 48-hour lag in results means someone can have the virus for nearly four days before he learns of his diagnosis. If his team hits a tight stretch of doubleheaders, he could play in six games while carrying COVID-19”

It would have so much easier for baseball to have picked a bubble. Season’s doomed as infections pick up more they travel.

May help football in that play just once a week but with bigger entourage and still travelling across areas with huge infection rates, it would be a miracle if they go through.

Six teams now on hold and it’s only a week in. It’s a joke, they’ve now implemented 7 inning double headers on top of more than half the teams making playoffs.

Difference with football is in baseball they play everyday, they’re trying to fit 60 games in 66 days. To quote an article from SI...

This is the problem with playing a daily sport without daily testing: The every-other-day testing plus up to 48-hour lag in results means someone can have the virus for nearly four days before he learns of his diagnosis. If his team hits a tight stretch of doubleheaders, he could play in six games while carrying COVID-19”

It would have so much easier for baseball to have picked a bubble. Season’s doomed as infections pick up more they travel.

May help football in that play just once a week but with bigger entourage and still travelling across areas with huge infection rates, it would be a miracle if they go through.
Completely agree, high rotation sports like baseball need to be played in a hub, like basketball has done.

Football has a chance due to weekly games, but needs daily testing to minimise the risk.

Anyone that thinks football players will not take advantage of going into cities that stupidly remain open for bars, strip clubs, etc...is kidding themselves.

They will—I guarantee it.

You can’t keep them under lock and key as prisoners in hotel. That will never happen. If you tried, how soon before a few bought themselves hookers?

It is completely unrealistic to expect travel from city to city—without human nature taking its course. Most especially so in a country where a good 40% of people think this is the flu.

I wish it were otherwise as I love sports—but reality is reality.

This will explode thru football teams by the very nature of the game itself.

Worse still, with the extreme weight some of these lineman carry around—players will die.

The covid experts on this site beg to differ, doesnt apply to athletes apparently, go figure.

Out of interest as we've only got the media to go by here but Trump isn't getting reelected, is he?...

I hope I am wrong and no player gets severely ill. But anyone who thinks that at least one football player who is clearly overweight—athletic or not—will not get severely ill if it spreads throughout the league is misguided.

As for the other, you assume we even have an election—last I saw he was tweeting out his intent to just skip all that.

;)

NFL suspended free agent WR Antonio Brown eight games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.
Any interested teams needed to wait for Brown's looming suspension to be handed down before signing him. Now that this is out of the way, Brown can move forward with his football career. Despite his on-again-off-again relationship with the league, Brown very likely wants to play again. Lamar Jackson has been open about campaigning for Brown in Baltimore. He'll be available to play again in Week 9 or 10, depending on where/if he signs. Brown turned 32 earlier this month but remains one of the more talented wideouts in strictly football terms.
Jul 31, 2020, 2:31 PM ET

The is the happiest I've been after hearing one of my players has been suspended for 8 games. as an AB owner in 4 different leagues.

We have a resolution.

Now all AB has to do is keep it together up until the time his suspension ends... 🙄......wish us luck.

The is the happiest I've been after hearing one of my players has been suspended for 8 games. as an AB owner in 4 different leagues.

We have a resolution.

Now all AB has to do is keep it together up until the time his suspension ends... 🙄......wish us luck.
Was a far smarter stash than those people who stashed Josh Gordon all those years ago.

We have a resolution.

I know how you feel. I have him in 3 leagues myself (Alpha, Omega and SleeperBowl)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back