NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Fromm had racist text messages leaked. Same thing happened to J.allen.

------------

Bills OC Brian Daboll said QB Jake Fromm "has a lot of work to do to earn his teammates' trust."
"Jake [Fromm] spoke to the team yesterday," Daboll said. "He knows he has a lot of work to do to earn the trust of his teammates back. I believe actions speak louder than words and I believe he'll be committed to that." This all but confirms that the fifth-round rookie won't be cut after his racist text messages were leaked and posted to social media. He'll likely have a short leash off the field for the remainder of his career.
SOURCE: Sal Capaccio on Twitter
Jun 5, 2020, 9:48 AM ET

I think it's harsh when people go thru old text or Twitter messages on current NFL player from early college and high school days, you do a lot of learning between there and adulthood.

I think it's harsh when people go thru old text or Twitter messages on current NFL player from early college and high school days, you do a lot of learning between there and adulthood.
Agreed (especially when they are going back to when the person was like 14), but that text chain regarding Fromm is from last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed (especially when they are going back to when the person was like 14), but that text chain regarding Fromm is from last year

TBF he probably wasn't expecting to get drafted 😂

Do you have to keep texts or can you go back and find conversations that you have deleted? If it's the former, why didn't the person out Fromm back when it happened? Kind of weird how all this stuff comes up when they turn pro all of sudden, almost as if it's purposely kept for blackmailing. Hmmm.

Do you have to keep texts or can you go back and find conversations that you have deleted? If it's the former, why didn't the person out Fromm back when it happened? Kind of weird how all this stuff comes up when they turn pro all of sudden, almost as if it's purposely kept for blackmailing. Hmmm.
Certainly possible but not likely imo. I don't think normal people go through their phone and delete old conversations, even when they change phones. Plus given iMessage is cloud-based, there's a fair chance they are stored online too (I don't have an iPhone so don't know that for sure)

Basically comes back to the quote frequently misattributed to Einstein - something along the lines of "never attribute to malice that which can easily be explained by stupidity"

Always love watching break downs of Jamal Adams, the guy is unbelievable honestly, I can't think of anyone in my time watching the NFL who can do as much as he can at strong safety.

He 100% deserves to easily be the highest paid safety in the NFL. No one comes close.

And I'll give Brees credit for actually listening this time and finding out what the kneel was actually about, rather than the bs Trump was pedalling in 2017 that so many gullible Americans like Brees bought into.

I believe he's sorry and that he finally understands. Always respected him as a player and a person, that's probably why it came as such a big shock to everyone that he was so misinformed/uneducated.

Why is kneeling so offensive? It's baffles me.

When an NFL player is injured you'll see teammates and opposing players take a knee around them as a sign of respect while doctors attend.

It's only something a redneck could misinterpret when it comes to the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back