Preview 2020 Round 12 Richmond vs Gold Coast SUNS - GABBA, 7:10pm Mon. 17/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestia will have 2 weeks to get fitness back before finals. Past experiences with other players coming back from syndesmosis injuries is they always look a little off.

If this was a regular season, we’d have a full list together for a 6-7 week run into finals, almost like 2019. It’s going to be a lot tougher this year.

From my time interacting with the SUNS board and coaching this young bunch of stallions, I learnt a thing or two that might be useful in our oppo analysis…
  • The technically correct way of referring to our opponents in writing is ‘SUNS’ rather than Suns, sUNs, snus, sunS, SuNs, sUnS or any other combination of these
Really? Why? Not trolling but what is SUNS an acronym for? Why isn't it Suns? It's not BLUES or POWER.

Anyway back to the game, given the decent break between games I'm pretty comfortable with where we are at and the chance a couple of players might get back, importantly Cotchin.

Relatively confident to tip a 3-5 goal win.

Really? Why? Not trolling but what is SUNS an acronym for? Why isn't it Suns? It's not BLUES or POWER.
Super Unquestionably Nicely Something!

But yeah, you'd need to ask the AFL about that. There was a similar rule issued to media last season regarding the Power - I can't find it now, but it reeks of someone within the AFL having nothing better to do than to set rules to annoy the s**t out of everyone.

Only 6 games to go, and if Essendon win their 2 Next games, we are technically in 9th spot. Really can’t afford to drop any easy games anymore as we still have West Coast and a Geelong. Honestly I’m not confident we will make the finals for sure, even with the quality coming back in it’s going to take 1-2 games for those players to get back up to speed. Cutting it really close. We really need to beat the Suns and the Dons in the next 2 weeks.

Only 6 games to go, and if Essendon win their 2 Next games, we are technically in 9th spot. Really can’t afford to drop any easy games anymore as we still have West Coast and a Geelong. Honestly I’m not confident we will make the finals for sure, even with the quality coming back in it’s going to take 1-2 games for those players to get back up to speed. Cutting it really close. We really need to beat the Suns and the Dons in the next 2 weeks.

Dropping that GWS game is looking more and more costly as other results don’t seem to be falling our way. Even that Hawthorn game to a lesser extent (although our form was garbage at the time).

Realistically we have to win 5 from 6 (beating one of West Coast/Geelong) and need a few results to go our way and we could sneak into the top 4. Gut feel says we’re probably playing an EF this year.

Any news on the injury front? Nank, astbury, prestia? Where is Edwards at? Any scratch matches played up in the hub. Getting nothing

Round 12 - Cotch/Houli
Round 13 - Nank
Round 14 - Astbury
Round 15 - Shedda/Prestia

Are we sure sheds is even coming back? I know Bach flew up to quarantine a few weeks ago but i have heard nothing of Edwards

Are we sure sheds is even coming back? I know Bach flew up to quarantine a few weeks ago but i have heard nothing of Edwards

This is from the Herald Sun...

"Edwards has also been training in Melbourne and while there is no pressure on him to return, the expectation is at some stage he will re-join the Tigers.

The league will likely only charter one more flight into hubs where players can spend 14 days in quarantine before being free to play.

If Ablett and Edwards flew into Queensland in the last week of August they would be free to play two warm-up games before the finals.

Trent Cotchin will be ready to take on Gold Coast on Monday, while Bachar Houli will officially be out of his quarantine hub on Thursday and is keen to play.

Toby Nankervis is only another week away after syndesmosis surgery."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should come out hard. Bring in Cotch, lots of time to plan + we get more rest. Should be able to nail this and move on. We're at that point of accellerating towards finals. We really need to step into this game. And should do so.
Quietly confident we will be ferocious from the first bounce and get the win. We wont be taking the Suns lightly. Dimma will have us primed. Don't think the Suns have a tall enough experienced backline to cover our forward line. So one of Tom or Jack to kick a bag. 🐯

Quietly confident we will be ferocious from the first bounce and get the win. We wont be taking the Suns lightly. Dimma will have us primed. Don't think the Suns have a tall enough experienced backline to cover our forward line. So one of Tom or Jack to kick a bag. 🐯

Reckon we'll be using our long break to try and run them off their legs and hopefully increase %.

We tried to win against Port, but not to the extent of playing Cotch. Reckon we are aiming to come home very hard now. Suns are the first in the list for that.

Very confident we win this, we match up well against them.

This is the beginning of our winning spree, it's all glory from here.

Would like to see Higgins back in. I noticed he is top 4 at the club for score involvements despite missing a couple of games.

Bit optimistic to think that Shedda's gone rush up to Queensland a few days or a week after the birth. Bloody tough on a first time mother in a locked down city.
Agreed, every chance he doesn’t make it back this season, or at least won’t get enough games under his belt to be at his best in the furnace of finals. Really unfortunate if that happens from a club perspective, but thems the breaks.

Agreed, every chance he doesn’t make it back this season, or at least won’t get enough games under his belt to be at his best in the furnace of finals. Really unfortunate if that happens from a club perspective, but thems the breaks.
If he gets two games in before finals he should be right.

With Bolton's emergence I think we could win without him though. Provided we have all the other guns back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back