Position 2020 Rucks

What is your Ruck lineup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll start him & Comben.

With those two I should be able to loop Gawndy for every round except for when they play each other & Round 23 with the schedule not being out. Any matches he plays are a bonus. He won't get a look in till later in the year anyway but it'll be good to see him get a fair crack at the No.1 ruck spot in the SANFL first up.
Crows don't have another true ruckman .....yes Frampton, but I suspect he's preferred as a FWD / RUCK ....just depends on Strachan's form 2nd season

Crows don't have another true ruckman .....yes Frampton, but I suspect he's preferred as a FWD / RUCK ....just depends on Strachan's form 2nd season

Frampton will get first crack at it.

I'm currently running Grundy and Jacobs. I like Jacobs more than most other midpricers in other positions, and I think there are premiums in other positions that represent more value than Gawn.

I think you need at least one of them though. I did briefly experiment with what the team would look like with a NicNat/Jacobs combo, but I think you need Grundy to stick the C on every week. He doesn't represent 'value' in that he's cheaper than what he'll produce, but he represents value in that you're essentially getting two of him for the price of one.
Yep I'm into Grunja. Makes my side look solid on every other line.

Frampton's ruckwork is absolute garbage. He's a forward or he's nothing.

In the first two SANFL games last year he had 28 & 23 hit outs respectively, before what it looks like him being played as a forward.

His goal kicking was impressive from round 3 through to finals ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the first two SANFL games last year he had 28 & 23 hit outs respectively, before what it looks like him being played as a forward.

If you want to see how good a ruck Frampton is, go back and watch your win against us in Round 23 2018. He was regularly outpointed by Jake Stringer, who is about 4 inches shorter than him and isn't a ruckman.

Santoz said:
His goal kicking was impressive from round 3 through to finals ...

Yep. He goes alright up forward. If he's got a future as an AFL footballer, that's where it will be.

I'm starting Darcy Fort again gaiz, don't @ me.
Don't you worry about these other Campaigners .....I have full faith in your judgement and SC capabilities ....you go with your gut feel here, not the others group think ....kudos to you

tenor.gif

Last edited:
So with Ryder gone do you think that Lycett will ruck 100% of the time or Westhoff might get thrown on the ball a bit more to help out.
Port let Ryder go, because they want to give Peter Ladhams more game time ....young promising 22 YO Ruck

Also in favour of Gawn and Grundy is their longevity and their consistency so betting on one of them to fade isn't good odds. Gawn's missed 1 of 44 in the last two seasons and averaged 125 over the period, Grundy hasn't missed any and averaged 130. Yeah, Gawn's 2017 was pretty s**t with his hamstring but who are the alternatives we're looking at? Nic Nat? Marshall who plays for a club that went big at Paddy Ryder? ROB whose best has been 95?
Grundy's best was 97 the year before he hit 130...

It's much easier to downgrade Grundy/gawn than upgrade any of the alternatives. While you may miss a bit of cash generation your saving two trades so that's 200k worth right there. Rookies make the money, mid pricers normally just sit there laughing at you the whole season.

I went Grundy and Goldstien last year. That was a nightmare.

Back