List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

I've seen this chart on bigfooty...Why are the cats in line to get pick 3...I am not sure why this would be. I know they got WCE picks for Kelly but I don't recall them getting Sydney's pick...
You're looking at the ladder position.

Sort of, Blics is an actual athlete who has adapted really well.

Wood looks like one, built like a brick wall, looks athletic.

In reality he is a little soft, kinda average paced, poor below his knees and low footy IQ
Blicavs also played junior footy up until he had to choose athletics full time. It's not like the game was new to him like it was to guys like Mason Cox.

I'm going to say this because no one here has yet in that Sydney and Freo as much as it sux to admit it have done us a huge favour in more than likely forcing us to the draft. We all know Clarko NEVER fully puts the cue in the rack but this time I think he will have no choice but to. With Smith likely gone for 2-3 weeks and with the compressed schedule Clarko will have no choice but to blood some youngsters. For those hoping for a top 5 pick you want to be hoping that if Jones, Maginness and others come in that they don't out perform the vets they replace too well. I'd like to see us remain competitive albeit not good enough to snag too many more wins. I'd like to reiterate that I' don't like my club being in this position but what goes up must come down and I have no qualms seeing us bottom out this season which I feel is the first step in a 2-3 process. We need to nail the upcoming draft and then hopefully snag a FA and if not then add some more promising kids in the 2021 draft as well. Yes we all like to win every year but it just doesn't work that way as yeah that applies to the HFC as well.

Play the muthfarkinkids Clarko!

The reason why its in that order with Geelong third on this list is because its in order of combined draft pick points. Geelong have 3 x 1st rounders which gives them a superior draft hand points wise.

What I find interning is that Freo (264.92), Port (115.93) and GWS (254.2) are all in pots deficit for this draft so it will be investing to see if any of our picks jump above theirs. Unfortunately come draft time GWS will probably end up having a couple of 1st rounders due to them trading quality kids so who TF knows what to expect.
If GWS get first round compo if they lose Williams I would be ok with that. Especially if he chose to join us, though I am not sure that's on the cards. They will only get compo after their first pick which will be after our first so won't move our first pick back. They aren't likely to get a first round pick for Perryman or Caldwell so our first looks safe. Crows getting a first round compo for Crouch is another matter.. Shouldn't get one but the AFL aren't above manipulating things for their own benefit as we've seen time and time again.
I will just be hoping we get a top 5 pick and can get Hollands with it...He looks like a player a team can build around. That's what we need, a marquee player for the next generation to build around. I could be wrong but he's the one in this draft class I see that potential in.

Ive heard a bit about Downie , but can someone more in the know with draftees give a bit of an idea of what would expect?

Eg potential very good AFL player ir more in the ok/solid bracket ?

Ive heard a bit about Downie , but can someone more in the know with draftees give a bit of an idea of what would expect?

Eg potential very good AFL player ir more in the ok/solid bracket ?
Thumping and accurate kick. Good athleticism. Has mostly played outside but I saw him given a run briefly in the middle and got a clearance or two. I think he has big upside.

Here are his season highlights.

Here is his bio:

Says he is captain of rangers. So leadership too :)

EDIT: This is what Nightmare says about him:
Downie I've had in the 20s since this time last year. He'll be a nice piece on the outside.

From my pieces last year I mentioned Downie at least twice and these comments hopefully give you a bit of a feel for his capabilities:

' Hawthorn Next-Generation Academy underager Connor Downie was arguably Eastern's most influential offensively. His agility, evasion and line-breaking speed stood out with his kicking arguably even better - a case in point being when Downie launched a kick from 55m which sailed through for goal on his left boot. The talented midfielder managed 18 disposals, six inside 50s and one goal. '

' Hurting the opposition with his kicking and applying himself defensively, Connor Downie made clear that he is a player to watch in next year's draft. The skilful underager managed 19 disposals and one goal. '

Last edited:
Thumping and accurate kick. Good athleticism. Has mostly played outside but I saw him given a run briefly in the middle and got a clearance or two. I think he has big upside.

Here are his season highlights.

Here is his bio:

Says he is captain of rangers. So leadership too :)

EDIT: This is what Nightmare says about him:

Great thanks 👍
I know a few guys at the Ranges so might ask them what they think too

We did go to the draft last year

Using picks 13, 29 and 57 is not "going to the draft". That is just using the picks you have available.

The "going to the draft" they are talking about is trading out some older players with currency in order to go to draft night with a host of first and second round picks.

Port went to the 2018 draft with picks 5, 12 and 18. That is what they mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using picks 13, 29 and 57 is not "going to the draft". That is just using the picks you have available.

The "going to the draft" they are talking about is trading out some older players with currency in order to go to draft night with a host of first and second round picks.

Port got lucky that Polec quit and took the higher offer from North, North had no use for pick 11 as they knew Tarryn Thomas would get a top 10 bid. Port then traded out pick 11,23,30,49 and a future pick to move up to pick 6 and then traded out another future pick to get to pick 5, so they paid a very high price for Rozee. They then knew Wingard would walk as a free agent in 2019 so maximised his value a year early, they still might regret losing Chad if they narrowly lose a final of gf this year and Burton/Duursma provide little input like they have so far this season.

ahh ok so what they are really referring is cleaning house not actually hitting the draft. Port sent polec, Wingard and pittard for draft pics and then upgraded to pick 5. We do not have any players that we could afford to offload in the same age bracket our list is thin and besides this year probably isn't the best year to do it. It is interesting because the players of any value would be JOM, Mitch, Sic, Gunners and Breust The last two are getting on and wouldn't be as valuable on the open market and besides that they would actually need to want to go. The players that PA offloaded included two that wanted to leave.

We go to the draft every year. But you also have to bring in Elite talent if you have the chance. Oh no we traded pick 14 for a dual AA, PCM and Brownlow medalist...

What Fremantle showed us is not "go to the draft" but finish bottom 4 for 3 years straight to get some really good young players that will take you to the bottom 4.

If we somehow bring in Williams and go for a free agent ruck such as Nankervis I feel our team starts to look a lot different and everyone acting like the sky is falling would have to eat their words. IF we end up with pick 3-4 this year we could potentially grab Elijah Hollands who by all reports is all xfactor and class. Then bring in Downie who I personally think we are going to be very happy with.

The midfield rotation just needs to be adjusted, not pulled apart and thrown out.

It Will be a stress free off season because no one will be coming unless the club pays the big $$$ but despite how average we are that still won't happen.

As for out first pick hoping its Logan McDonald key forward playing senior footy for perth this year. Averaging 14.5 possessions and 3 goals a game his improvement has been super impressive .

You’d think we’d be drafting the best players available with picks 4 and 22 which would leave a combo of 41 and 45 to draft Downie. At the end of the day depending on who we get that would be a pretty fair haul. It won’t happen but how good would it be if we could somehow get Downie with pick 41 so we can have a free swing with pick 45.

Would like to get next year first round into this year also.

It's the same thing I post every year, but this isn't the "Oh s**t, we lost...I think we should trade out player X now!" thread.

This is the Trade, FA and draft discussion, regarding players on other lists, that we need or want. Not our own players.

How many pages have we just wasted on arguing about whether we should or shouldn't trade, in this example, a player who has another 2 years on his contract. 🤦‍♂️

yep. The "TRADE"part means you usually have to trade players out to get something in. Its all part of the discussion mate. Few precious souls on here get all upset when someone say x player should be traded. Its all personal opinions, we all have different opinions, its what makes good banter. No need for people to get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back