Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I saw that game where josh kicked a bag against us. He looks the goods. I’d like to see a third come back though as Todd is a gapped player although if the above deal was weighed up, pound for pound we’d come out a few kilos in front even without the steak knife.

I reckon we’d need a hamburger or pizza chain sponsorship to sustain Josh though.

Some of these campaigners would sell their mothers....................or at least "consider" it. They're just letters & numbers on a page.

YOu can tell the ones that have never played the sport or have any understanding for sporting club culture.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of these campaigners would sell their mothers....................or at least "consider" it.

YOu can tell the ones that have never played the sport or have any understanding for sporting club culture.
I reckon that there are a few posters who think that you can trade a paper clip for a small pressure forward, and a few who think that the economic rationalist approach of trading everything of high value while it still commands a high price. The first kind are dreamers and the second type don’t understand how the culture of an organisation is developed.

Change pawn to prawn.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

fokken prawn?
89CE80BB-6CDD-4052-998D-15E3C1189D2B.gif

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I reckon that there are a few posters who think that you can trade a paper clip for a small pressure forward, and a few who think that the economic rationalist approach of trading everything of high value while it still commands a high price. The first kind are dreamers and the second type don’t understand how the culture of an organisation is developed.

............and every single player in the draft has the foot skills of Darren Jarman.

Four players that cost NOTHING!

NOTHING!

Three of them have been top 10 B&F finishes!!!!!

Would you rather we played 12 year olds instead so you could then whinge about finishing 18th, 18th, 18th and 18th?

Pick 10 = nothing? The "free hit" hacks were sacked for being incompetent, you shouldn't quote them as your justification.

Let's be realistic, the only reason we have LDU, Simpkin and McKay is because we couldn't get players to agree to come to our club. The only reason why have Thomas is because he was an academy player.

We kind of lucked out that our club couldn't further shoot itself in the foot before we got rid of them.

List spaces are not worth nothing, every C grade player you have clogging the list is some other potential diamond in the rough you do not have room to have a look at. When you rebuild, you need to target high end talent, but you also need to shotgun later picks in the hope you get another Goldy, Larkey, Brown, etc. You capacity to do so is diminished when you don't have much room.

For what it is worth, McDonald polled 183 votes in the Syd Barker, Simpkin 140, Anderson 138, Goldy 131.

Tarrant polled 93 and Higgins 88. They are better than that but while we are rebuilding and pushing Simpkin, LDU, McKay, etc and they are not playing their traditional position, it is severely impacting their ability to play at the high standards we are used to from them.

We do have a responsibility to look after our champions of the past but these players are aware what is best for the club comes first. These players know others vacated their spots for them to have their opportunity before them. It is great when players can retire on a high or go out on their terms, but that depends on the club being able to perform, when you come in almost dead last players are aware they don't always get to finish how they would prefer.

I'm not even advocating for the trade, but it feels like I am in footy kindergarden having to explain the basics of football culture to people.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And rightly so.

But I hope that isn't the only campaigner Jasper called a campaigner on his way out. And a few in the media with their snide ITK remarks like cooney can get f’ed as well.

Cooney has always been a smart arse. I only really listen to Gaz and Tim in the morning and maybe Bob and Andy in the arvo. I give the rest a miss, especially during trade period. Nothing much happens during trade period so they just make stuff up to talk about.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kinda sums up the whole thing really

it really does. Then you get the people on trade radio like Purple or whoever barracking for their trades to get done. Very annoying. Add to that the nuffies that’s ring in with convoluted trade scenarios that always favour their club.

I listened to it like an addict till last year and then didn’t listen at all, so much better things to listen to. If anything happens Twitter goes nuts and I get a notification anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Pick 10 = nothing? The "free hit" hacks were sacked for being incompetent, you shouldn't quote them as your justification.

Let's be realistic, the only reason we have LDU, Simpkin and McKay is because we couldn't get players to agree to come to our club.

Your football myopia is off the charts and your posse of "likes" only reinforces this.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cooney has always been a smart arse. I only really listen to Gaz and Tim in the morning and maybe Bob and Andy in the arvo. I give the rest a miss, especially during trade period. Nothing much happens during trade period so they just make stuff up to talk about.

He got ripped on badly by some NOrth supporters on social media when he made one of his smarmy smart arse remarks and it burnt him badly. He never got over it.

He's a bogan ****wit who ended up a B grade footballer and has never risen above a C grade AFL media commentator, which is so far down the credibility ladder that its overhead view is Satan's a-hole.

I can understand how you see it that way.

What is it exactly you disagree about what I posted about? Because it has been all ranty with not much substance. Because I have said in almost every post that I am not advocating for trading Tarrant but you still spat your dentures out.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He got ripped on badly by some NOrth supporters on social media when he made one of his smarmy smart arse remarks and it burnt him badly. He never got over it.

He's a bogan ****wit who ended up a B grade footballer and has never risen above a C grade AFL media commentator, which is so far down the credibility ladder that its overhead view is Satan's a-hole.

He’s a couple of fresh faces retiring from Footy and moving into the media before shrinking into doing bingo nights at RSL’s.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
The media are saying Daniher's contract is 3 years and band 1.

How can that be? Three years = band 1. They aren't paying 1.3m a year.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Because I have said in almost every post that I am not advocating for trading Tarrant but you still spat your dentures out.

The absurdity is not that you are against it, but that you even entertain it, and that you have the complete inability to factor that the bulldogs have to facilitate the points for the highest ranked kid in the draft.

It's a classic bright shiny object scenario that hooks the myopics. Congratulations. It's fitting that this thread is about to be taken out and shot with this ending.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was posted above by GR.

In what universe are Pruess and McDonald worth more than Brown?

If for example, the GoDees offered Pruess and McDonald as a trade for Ben Brown, I'd hope we would slam the door in their face. Half the blokes we dumped are worth more than these two combined.

With his running capacity, Brown is also probably a better ruck than Preuss is also.

Just deal with GWS and cut the Dees loose.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back