List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Collingwood want a slow inside mid with poor disposal?

They have ample supply of them...and better ones

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ollie's the bait to get moore, it doesnt mean he goes to Collingwood, he can go to Carlton and Carlton give Collingwood picks and we get Moore (for example)

If the AFL goes ahead with it's plan to cull list sizes to 35 it will affect trading. There will be a bigger pool of available players but there will also be less space on the list. On top of the likely cull there is the Draft in which we have a couple of father son and academy prospects. We may need to trade out some palyers for Draft picks.

The AFL has also hit a snag in it's plans to cull the lists as around 550 players are still under contract which does not leave clubs much latitude. I think this season's trading is going to be a one off exercise possibly like no other we have seen.

If the AFL goes ahead with it's plan to cull list sizes to 35 it will affect trading. There will be a bigger pool of available players but there will also be less space on the list. On top of the likely cull there is the Draft in which we have a couple of father son and academy prospects. We may need to trade out some palyers for Draft picks.

The AFL has also hit a snag in it's plans to cull the lists as around 550 players are still under contract which does not leave clubs much latitude. I think this season's trading is going to be a one off exercise possibly like no other we have seen.
The list cuts will be staggered
A couple each year till they reach 35. It won't be a straight cut down this year.

I'd love to know the plan going forward though...
Cut a list to 35, you have 4-5 injuries, 22 playing, what happens to the left over 8 players? Certainly not enough for a reserves team

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moore is OOC not a free agent.

youre right just double checked not sure where I got that idea from. He really stuffed up his contract. they normally time it so they come out of contract as a free agent and he’s coming out 1 year early.

he would be a good fit for us but so unlikely to come to SA with all the options he has.

we’ve also got 3 ready made players playing well so I’m happy to draft for the chb position and look for a cheap depth option in the meantime.

Ollie's the bait to get moore, it doesnt mean he goes to Collingwood, he can go to Carlton and Carlton give Collingwood picks and we get Moore (for example)

Ollie is more of a need for Carlton and Essendon. I think they both still have their first rounders this year. Collingwood probaly need some young talent. It's unlikely. It's dreamin'. It could happen. Moore has been previously linked with exiting Collingwood, so yo would have to ask the question.

Trade Ollie for a high draft pick and Jeremy Cameron as a free agent. Georgiades to half back as a McGovern/Howe type intercepting defender and Dixon, Cameron and Marshall in the forward line. Give us the flag

Moore would cost more than the single high draft pick we’re likely to get from Ollie. He’s a 2 first rounders kinda player for sure imo.

We absolutely should try and pursue him though. Throw whatever money we can at him and see if we can shake him loose. He’s about to enter his prime as a footballer. Almost played 100 games and in his 6th year now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after the Brisbane game we need to get a KPD who is 196cm + either in the trade period or in the draft

why not both

possibly have a look at petty (ooc 197cm kpp at melb) could be had for a late pick or swap for a guy like atley who might be out.

target a kpp in the draft. This is a pretty good draft for key defenders.

Trade Ollie for a high draft pick and Jeremy Cameron as a free agent. Georgiades to half back as a McGovern/Howe type intercepting defender and Dixon, Cameron and Marshall in the forward line. Give us the flag

how many more years will dixon play? not many kpf go on to much beyond 30

Moore would be very handy, the bloke can play, but I have been told by a wobbler supporting mate that he is a bit of a figjam, and if true he probably wouldn't be a good fit at Alberton.

We need two more 195cm+ KPDs on our list - trade for one (or use free agency if someone is available) and draft one at the top end of the draft. Wouldn't be disappointed if we grabbed a 3rd at the back end of the draft too.

Moore would be very handy, the bloke can play, but I have been told by a wobbler supporting mate that he is a bit of a figjam, and if true he probably wouldn't be a good fit at Alberton.
Humble blokes only at Alberton these days. Little battler club and everything.
I'm glad someone got it. ;)
Just what we need, someone who expects to be better than the rest... that’s probably the one thing we genuinely lack from the Port of old, that self assurance that we are simply better than everyone else because we are Port Adelaide! This is why I would love Choco and Jenny Williams still involved in the psychology side of the playing group.

I probably haven't seen enough of him play TBH nor have i watched him closley enough in what i have seen, is Aiden Corr worth a look as a free agent ? Adds some size to our back 6 at 195cm and 97kgs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back