List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

There's something immensely satisfying about the AFL rewarding a cheating Essendon by giving them a free hit with a number 1 draft pick and a good go over a bunch of rookie players, that should've topped them off for a run of success, only for them to squander it so spectacularly. I hope they're s**t forever.

Others still without a deal for 2021 include Fremantle's Lachie Schultz – who played every game this season – Giant Zac Langdon and Sydney's Ben Ronke.

Three Demons – Jayden Hunt, Toby Bedford and Kade Chandler – may have varying appeal, while Boyd Woodcock (Port Adelaide) and Jamaine Jones (West Coast) are also hoping for a contract.

Delisted ex-Docker and Sun Brandon Matera is one to watch as well, after kicking 170 goals in 144 matches.

Brander is soft. Do not want.

He’s basically a downgrade on Lienert.

I haven't noticed him being soft but he's not a 1:1 competitive wrestling beast for sure.
He does remind me of Lienert.
Good thing is that Lienert has added some physicality to his game and is improving his defensive craft rapidly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Others still without a deal for 2021 include Fremantle's Lachie Schultz – who played every game this season – Giant Zac Langdon and Sydney's Ben Ronke.

Three Demons – Jayden Hunt, Toby Bedford and Kade Chandler – may have varying appeal, while Boyd Woodcock (Port Adelaide) and Jamaine Jones (West Coast) are also hoping for a contract.

Delisted ex-Docker and Sun Brandon Matera is one to watch as well, after kicking 170 goals in 144 matches.

A big no to all those suggested small forwards and we will keep Woodcock thankyou very much.

Fantasia would be the only option I'd even consider.

Matera.....shudder 😬

I haven't noticed him being soft but he's not a 1:1 competitive wrestling beast for sure.
He does remind me of Lienert.
Good thing is that Lienert has added some physicality to his game and is improving his defensive craft rapidly.

He was mainly playing wing this year. Im not a fan of big guys who lack physicality. Doesn't have the tricks to be a good wing and doesn't have the physicality to be a tall forward or defender.

Hunt goes ok.

Is it possible we will just wait it out for next year? We don't have to blow our wad this year just because we have money available. restructure players contracts accordingly to maximise the benefit and get in people's ears for next year. Merrett is a FA next year for instance.

Is it possible we will just wait it out for next year? We don't have to blow our wad this year just because we have money available. restructure players contracts accordingly to maximise the benefit and get in people's ears for next year. Merrett is a FA next year for instance.
I'd rather go now than wait. The way Boak is going, he probably has another 5-10 years in him. But I don't think Gray has much left in the tank.

I'd love Brander

There's a story in The West today saying that Brander doesn't like the wing role he's been asked to play this year and wants to be trained as a key position player "if he is to stay at the Eagles". With Kennedy going around again, Darling, Allen, Waterman ahead of him up front and McGovern and Barrass locked in down back he seems to be making himself redundant at his current club.

A trade for Brander is speaking my language. Comes from a defensive system that is actually good (unlike North Melbourne) so it wouldn't be difficult for him to pick up what we do. He'd cost more but it would be a better investment.

There's a story in The West today saying that Brander doesn't like the wing role he's been asked to play this year and wants to be trained as a key position player "if he is to stay at the Eagles". With Kennedy going around again, Darling, Allen, Waterman ahead of him up front and McGovern and Barrass locked in down back he seems to be making himself redundant at his current club.

That makes me like him much more. A key position player forced to play out of position for team balance wanting to be a key position ayer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back