List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Excuse me? A 2nd rounder for Gresham with something going back? On what planet do you live?

Based on observations of how we trade key forwards compared to Essendon.
I assumed a similar approach would be taken with Gresham.
Maybe we could swap Gresham and 2 first rounders for Gaff.

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
We got a third rounder back I think.

Edit: Just went through it and saw we traded that back out in the Sydney deal, so the above is correct.

A little disappointing - I though we were only missing a 2nd rounder next year, but we're actually in the same shape as this year.
Relax, next year you can pay cash for picks from other clubs.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok so what is it, a break pinned or hairline fracture?

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
So I keep reading that the 2020 draft is compromised, because of Father Sons and Academy picks. Why does this make a difference to the rest of the draftees? If other teams have guys lined up already, wouldn't it make sense to hit this draft hard for the normal batch of players? Could mean some real gems slip through if we're not targeting particular people.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
So I keep reading that the 2020 draft is compromised, because of Father Sons and Academy picks. Why does this make a difference to the rest of the draftees? If other teams have guys lined up already, wouldn't it make sense to hit this draft hard for the normal batch of players? Could mean some real gems slip through if we're not targeting particular people.
I think they are saying most of the best players fall into those categories

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we have the 10th pick and 5 of the top 10 are academies or f/s then we don't get the 10th best player, we get the 15th.

Last edited:

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Next year no doubt the club will still be fishing for there big fish.
To bring one in we will need the cap space , I'm sure we have space now but no where near enough to bring in a million dollar player so a few could be moved out.

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
Next year no doubt the club will still be fishing for there big fish.
To bring one in we will need the cap space , I'm sure we have space now but no where near enough to bring in a million dollar player so a few could be moved out.
Agree with above, think Brad Crouch will be one we certainly pursue if he’s a FA next season, saw a rumour they were looking to get an extension done with him.
Fits the age demographic of the list, we went KPP and outside run this period so I think inside/bigger bodied might be on the cards next.

In saying this though the continued development of Steele/Dunstan and even getting hanners for more of the season may change that!

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree with above, think Brad Crouch will be one we certainly pursue if he’s a FA next season, saw a rumour they were looking to get an extension done with him.
Fits the age demographic of the list, we went KPP and outside run this period so I think inside/bigger bodied might be on the cards next.

In saying this though the continued development of Steele/Dunstan and even getting hanners for more of the season may change that!
BF is a little too obsessed with the big bodied mid but your Fyfe/Cripps types don't just grow on trees.
FWIW,
Steele at 187cm 90kg,
Hunter 187cm will be 90kg,
Bytel 189 will be 90kg,
will be a brutish inside pack that let Hanners and co off the chain.

With Roma in there too we'll have ourselves a pretty enviable group.
We've just got to wait 2 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back