Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Crippa shave mid training?

Photos are of different sides....Crippa is two-face from Batman!

On one side, he is a midfield monster who will get 39 touches, 24 contested, 19 clearances, 7 tackles and a goal.

On the other side, he is..... a midfield monster who will get 38 touches, 24 uncontested, 8 clearances and 4 goals.

:)

They def already are. Paddy dow’s kicking has a lot more punch already. His kicking at training today seemed....AFL STANDARD.

Reminds me of one of the key things I remember Teague saying last year when he took over.

I remembered it because it really resonated with me and my frustrations with CFC and what I'd been seeing for some time under Bolton. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that "we spend too much time training system and not enough time training skills, and that needs to change".

It looks like that *is* changing already, which is great to see and much needed. There were so many times last year where blind Freddy could see that it was our basic skills (particularly under pressure) letting us down.

I'm expecting a fair improvement in our skills execution next season, and with guys like Diesel helping out at the club I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

Could we see a mcgovern AA forward spot on the horizon? Could Dow have a 4th season equivalent to Dangerfield? I think he averaged around 17/18. His 5th season he went up to 700 disposals and blew up. From his 3rd season was kicking 25+ goals. Could Dow be that player. I think so.

If we can get a full preseason into Willo Cuningham and keep them on the park. * me, look out coz I reckon these two as well as our late revival in 2019 we could go from 7 wins to 12-14 easily. Teams like Collingwood, Richmond, Sydney, Port, Hawks, Melbournehaven’t improved their lists or have lost depth and even may go backwards. We were close with these sides and could pick up a win.
Richmond - lost Ellis, Grigg, Weller, menadue, butler and Townsend could hurt if injuries come which sort of exposed them in 2019 mid season but they recovered. Kids is all they have behind them now. Could they fall as they did not improve their list but do they have to. Those that a staying still fall behind.
Collingwood - lost wells and Aish and picked up nothing of note
Hawthorn - lost Roughead (arguably won them the game with that hands in the back on jones) plus countless others depth options and gained * all. Frost and Patton could be okay or dog average like their last KP pickups.
melbourne - have some positive changes (mayne) but Lewis is a leadership loss that spurred their improvement in 2017-18. Lost KP depth but brought in some outside speed. I think we beat them in 2020.
port - delisted a heap of depth but brought in buzza. I can see there side getting younger in 2020. For the taking.
Sydney - experience gone. Second youngest list. Gray, Taylor brand come in with lots going out. They’ll be bottom 4 again. Lock in wins for the next 10 years.

Could we see a mcgovern AA forward spot on the horizon? Could Dow have a 4th season equivalent to Dangerfield? I think he averaged around 17/18. His 5th season he went up to 700 disposals and blew up. From his 3rd season was kicking 25+ goals. Could Dow be that player. I think so.

If we can get a full preseason into Willo Cuningham and keep them on the park. fu** me, look out coz I reckon these two as well as our late revival in 2019 we could go from 7 wins to 12-14 easily. Teams like Collingwood, Richmond, Sydney, Port, Hawks, Melbournehaven’t improved their lists or have lost depth and even may go backwards. We were close with these sides and could pick up a win.
Richmond - lost Ellis, Grigg, Weller, menadue, butler and Townsend could hurt if injuries come which sort of exposed them in 2019 mid season but they recovered. Kids is all they have behind them now. Could they fall as they did not improve their list but do they have to. Those that a staying still fall behind.
Collingwood - lost wells and Aish and picked up nothing of note
Hawthorn - lost Roughead (arguably won them the game with that hands in the back on jones) plus countless others depth options and gained fu** all. Frost and Patton could be okay or dog average like their last KP pickups.
melbourne - have some positive changes (mayne) but Lewis is a leadership loss that spurred their improvement in 2017-18. Lost KP depth but brought in some outside speed. I think we beat them in 2020.
port - delisted a heap of depth but brought in buzza. I can see there side getting younger in 2020. For the taking.
Sydney - experience gone. Second youngest list. Gray, Taylor brand come in with lots going out. They’ll be bottom 4 again. Lock in wins for the next 10 years.
Virtually every player you've listed as a "loss" had zero impact in 2019.

Virtually every player you've listed as a "loss" had zero impact in 2019.
You under estimate the idea of depth pushing up from underneath. As I mentioned. Richmond are losing theres. 2 years in a row. They replace these with 18–19 year olds. We know what that looks like. They’ve been blessed with injuries as have Brisbane. If it gets exposed they will fall.

I’m not just talking about loss. I’m talking about staying still. Which us, saints, GC, dogs aren’t doing.

You under estimate the idea of depth pushing up from underneath. As I mentioned. Richmond are losing theres. 2 years in a row. They replace these with 18–19 year olds. We know what that looks like. They’ve been blessed with injuries as have Brisbane. If it gets exposed they will fall.

I’m not just talking about loss. I’m talking about staying still. Which us, saints, GC, dogs aren’t doing.
Richmond already has a strong tier of depth players who aren't 18 year olds.

Balta, Stack, Pickett, Chol, Eggmolesse-Smith, Aarts, Garthwaite, Coleman-Jones, Ross, Markov.

Don't think the Tigers are standing still at all, they will bring a lot of these talented guys into the side over the next couple of seasons.

Richmond already has a strong tier of depth players who aren't 18 year olds.

Balta, Stack, Pickett, Chol, Eggmolesse-Smith, Aarts, Garthwaite, Coleman-Jones, Ross, Markov.

Don't think the Tigers are standing still at all, they will bring a lot of these talented guys into the side over the next couple of seasons.

Yeah, I think the Tiggers are fine. It bugs me a little that we play them round 1 because of the tone it can set for the rest of the season. Not that I’m jotting it already down as a loss, but I’d rather play any other team Round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard that interview from Russell which was looking back at 13 + years with Hawthorn and was in fact empirical evidence that was the case with players who did and who didn't who do a complete preseason and it was 60%... And if only 4 players or less completed that percentage >> it guaranteed a finals finish.. [And the way Carlton finished fourth quarters in 2019 suggests that the Endurance base is key... And with luck and Less injuries that would be a massive bonus / w more contributors

Was it
4 of the best 22
Best 25-30 or
4 for the whole group.

Better than even money chance on 1, wouldn’t bet on it with my own money on option 2 and option 3 just fagedaboutit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

thread designated for this discussion faces the same challenges...........

Reminds me of one of the key things I remember Teague saying last year when he took over.

I remembered it because it really resonated with me and my frustrations with CFC and what I'd been seeing for some time under Bolton. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that "we spend too much time training system and not enough time training skills, and that needs to change".

It looks like that *is* changing already, which is great to see and much needed. There were so many times last year where blind Freddy could see that it was our basic skills (particularly under pressure) letting us down.

I'm expecting a fair improvement in our skills execution next season, and with guys like Diesel helping out at the club I don't think I'll be disappointed.
Yeah our skill level already improved from Rd 11 till the end of the year, we where completing a lot more chains the further the year went, now some of this comes down to becoming more use to the style we are playing but the majority was a marked improvement in skill level and that comes down to repetition of those skills at training, glad that Teague understands this and even gladder that we have Diesel there to implement it. We are really building a coaching and fitness set up that is elite and that will result in great results on field.

They def already are. Paddy dow’s kicking has a lot more punch already. His kicking at training today seemed....AFL STANDARD.
Dow is attracting most of the ongoing comment and speculation by a mile....
As an example Bolton put unbelievably a huge number of games into guys like Dow and Polson...Dow has 39 under his belt already which is more than some in an entire career...He [Dow ] was very green and very expensive being in the middle and sometimes counting his disposals on two hands.
He looks good,and has played a few good games...i dont think he will be high end elite at any stage,he will be solid best 22 material at CFC eventually.
A few people on here have suggested we might see him at Northern for a long spell in 2020[ i tend to agree]...Certainly his body shape looks good and some of his ploys work well of course we just need more of it and efficiently.
More run [tank]
efficiency]ball work]
mongrel[want the ball at any cost]

he has a lot of work ahead of him :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Photos are of different sides....Crippa is two-face from Batman!

On one side, he is a midfield monster who will get 39 touches, 24 contested, 19 clearances, 7 tackles and a goal.

On the other side, he is..... a midfield monster who will get 38 touches, 24 uncontested, 8 clearances and 4 goals.

:)
You need to go to training. Watch him run. Your stats are all wrong.

He’s going to turn into an outside receiver.

(This May or may not have been my attempt at ‘a Ferrisb’)

Doubtful Dangers kick was alot better

Doubtful Dangers kick was alot better
His kicking is weak as piss as is Dustin Martins. They kick long to a contest. Dangers strength is breaking from a contest and just kicking at goal. You can already see the opportunity for Dow to do the same. He breaks away very well but tries to hit a lead at pave which he struggles with. If he played for richmond they’d be wanking over him like Pickett and stack.

His kicking is weak as piss as is Dustin Martins. They kick long to a contest. Dangers strength is breaking from a contest and just kicking at goal. You can already see the opportunity for Dow to do the same. He breaks away very well but tries to hit a lead at pave which he struggles with. If he played for richmond they’d be wanking over him like Pickett and stack.
Dusty is a good kick to advantage imo.Dow will hopefully be somewhere in between..Dusty and Dangerflogg.

Dustin Martin's kicking is "weak as piss" is it? Cool.

Danger yes, but Martin? Sublime field kick, masked by the fact that he's rarely in space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back