NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure the 49ers would be 1) interested in Tua and 2) allow the Phins off the hook by trading 12 for him either.

If they do you a QB early in the draft then it becomes a buyer's market unloading Tua. No team should let the Phins off the hook essentially giving them a free hit at a QB.

From that mock the 49ers would be a better team with Jimmy G at QB and drafting Parsons then only having Tua

I traded for Aiyuk in the empire league a few months back. Dont want Tua anywhere near him thanks.

Last edited:

Not sure the 49ers would be 1) interested in Tua and 2) allow the Phins off the hook by trading 12 for him either.

If they do you a QB early in the draft then it becomes a buyer's market unloading Tua. No team should let the Phins off the hook essentially giving them a free hit at a QB.

From that mock the 49ers would be a better team with Jimmy G at QB and drafting Parsons then only having Tua
Trading pick 12 for Tua would be peak ******* madness

Mac Jones to the Panthers at #8....I want to believe this is a great pick.
All the reports I have read on him seem to have him as a big risk

Question marks on how he will cope with less time in the pocket, how he will go trying to hit smaller targets. Plus being in a team with an amazing OL and the best receivers, has that inflated his performance?

Saban's program is renowned for producing NFL ready players. The knock on this is that you see NFL like preparation in Alabama players that look like world beaters going up against college competition.

Most NFL players regardless of where they are buried on the depth chart would dominate against college competition.

The question with Jones is he dominating in college because his development has been accelerated and that is as good as it gets or is there another level that can be achieved. Would Jones be considered a better prospect with, say, 75% of the output for a far weaker college program?

All the reports I have read on him seem to have him as a big risk

Question marks on how he will cope with less time in the pocket, how he will go trying to hit smaller targets. Plus being in a team with an amazing OL and the best receivers, has that inflated his performance?

History says absolutely, history also says Fields will be even worse than Jones.

Mac Jones improved his draft value one would think
I still think he's a second rounder, but you never know. There's so many QB needy teams (Jaguars, Jets, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys?, 49ers, Patriots, Washington, Bears, Colts, Steelers) that many are speculating that 5 QBs could go in the 1st round.

5 or more QBs have been taken in the 1st round on 3 occasions:

1983 (6) - John Elway (1), Todd Blackledge (6), Jim Kelly (14), Tony Eason (15), Ken O'Brien (24), Dan Marino (27)
1999 - (5) Tim Couch (1), Donovan McNabb (2), Akili Smith (3), Daunte Culpepper (11), Cade McNown (12)
2018 - (5) Baker Mayfield (1), Sam Darnold (3), Josh Allen (7), Josh Rosen (10), and Lamar Jackson (32)

The hit/miss ratio is still about 50/50 for 1st round QBs....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good news being in all three of those previous drafts with 5 qbs going in the first you're getting 2 franchise qbs at a minimum with the possibility of Hall of Famers and MVPs.

This year's qb crop has far more hype about it than 1999 and 2018.

Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the second best qb class in history.

Last edited:
My heart still hurts from that absolutely pointless win over Washington in week 16. Way to go dickheads.
It helped get Pederson fired, so not entirely pointless in the grand scheme of things. Also could mean Eagles trade Hurts to the Panthers, all because of it. Amazing how the pieces fall and the jigsaw puzzle fits together.

It helped get Pederson fired, so not entirely pointless in the grand scheme of things. Also could mean Eagles trade Hurts to the Panthers, all because of it. Amazing how the pieces fall and the jigsaw puzzle fits together.

Why would they trade Hurts ?

I'm not convinced on him anyway just yet. Would only be interested if the asking price isn't too steep. I'm not selling the farm for him.

Because Wentz-Roseman won the battle. So that makes Hurts expendable.

See no real point in trading him now , Wentz has maybe one more year to get his s**t together. Having Hurts sit on the bench on a rookie deal is no back breaker.

If Hurts is traded Id suspect that is more than likely a directive from Lurie, and not Roseman's choice.

Having Hurts on the roster with the Eagles cap situation is probably a must for any prospective coaches also.

I still think he's a second rounder, but you never know. There's so many QB needy teams (Jaguars, Jets, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys?, 49ers, Patriots, Washington, Bears, Colts, Steelers) that many are speculating that 5 QBs could go in the 1st round.

5 or more QBs have been taken in the 1st round on 3 occasions:

1983 (6) - John Elway (1), Todd Blackledge (6), Jim Kelly (14), Tony Eason (15), Ken O'Brien (24), Dan Marino (27)
1999 - (5) Tim Couch (1), Donovan McNabb (2), Akili Smith (3), Daunte Culpepper (11), Cade McNown (12)
2018 - (5) Baker Mayfield (1), Sam Darnold (3), Josh Allen (7), Josh Rosen (10), and Lamar Jackson (32)

The hit/miss ratio is still about 50/50 for 1st round QBs....

Assuming if you take a QB in the first round your looking for that guy to be the franchise for 12 years then the list above should project to about 180 seasons worth yet account for 2 whole Super Bowl wins....probably be less had Elway remained with the team that drafted him.

See no real point in trading him now , Wentz has maybe one more year to get his sh*t together. Having Hurts sit on the bench on a rookie deal is no back breaker.

If Hurts is traded Id suspect that is more than likely a directive from Lurie, and not Roseman's choice.

Having Hurts on the roster with the Eagles cap situation is probably a must for any prospective coaches also.
The blueprint tho is winning a SB while that QB is still on his rookie deal. No point having Hurts sit on the sideline for four years. The decision to fire Pederson was all about the Wentz situation. Trying to trade him because that contract is an albatross. But theyve decided now to persist with Wentz and that contract. Hes their guy now.

The blueprint tho is winning a SB while that QB is still on his rookie deal. No point having Hurts sit on the sideline for four years. The decision to fire Pederson was all about the Wentz situation. Trying to trade him because that contract is an albatross. But theyve decided now to persist with Wentz and that contract. Hes their guy now.

If he was their guy Roseman wouldn't have drafted Hurts last year. Hell be on a short leash if he stays.

I still reckon hes the one who gets traded out of the two if they get a half reasonable offer.

If he was their guy Roseman wouldn't have drafted Hurts last year. Hell be on a short leash if he stays.

I still reckon hes the one who gets traded out of the two if they get a half reasonable offer.
We dont know that for sure. But we can hazard a guess. Wentz wanted out because of Pederson. So, maybe Pederson pushed Roseman to draft Hurts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back