Review 2021 AFL National Draft (Part 2) | NM - JHF, GOAT, PCurtis, MBergman, JArcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazzaro just screams future captain. Can’t remember a player I’ve been rooting for more recently than him.
100%
was Vic country under 16s captain

and was captain Geelong grammar team
Leadership group of Geelong falcons too

been that leader type all his life

Last edited:

the last best “young KPD outside the AFL” we took was Joel Tippett. They may not be any good

We also took Scott Thompson, Nathan Grima, Josh Gibson and Michael Firrito as the best young KPD type outside the AFL. It’s worked more than it hasn’t.

We took Ben Brown as the clear best young state league KPF also.

Lazzaro just screams future captain. Can’t remember a player I’ve been rooting for more recently than him.

He comes across as extremely intelligent and a centre of influence amongst the lads.

Really like this kid.

Spicy seems to be growing in confidence amongst the lads.

Powelly is the one, had no time for small talk, just wants to get out there and train.

There’s that great line that’s something like, “If you‘re KP height you’ve got 5 years to show me you can play, if you’re a midfielder you‘ve got one year to show me you can’t”, or something like that.
I think its the other way round ... like this:

“If you‘re KP height you’ve got 5 years to show me you can't play, if you’re a midfielder you‘ve got one year to show me you can.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CBF reading 90 pages.

Someone give it to me in a nutshell, did we win the draft or did we dun goof it ?

Seems first two picks were solid and bargains, the rest we paid overs for.

We got the players we wanted so I think we did well.

Overs and unders is pointless talk. We filled needs and got the best player in the draft - that's winning to me

CBF reading 90 pages.

Someone give it to me in a nutshell, did we win the draft or did we dun goof it ?

Seems first two picks were solid and bargains, the rest we paid overs for.

We picked up:

Jesus, Lachy Whitfield, Michael Walters clone, a right footed Skinny Bacha Houli and a young menacing medium defender named Archer.

Overall it was a good haul.

Daicos seems to look for the extra pressure the way JHF does - if I was a Collingwood supporter I’d be fine hearing that he was filthy with being picked as low as 4 because he believes he’s better than that. Also he knows very well what being an idol for their supporters is like. I think he’ll be fine.
I think it goes to show how stupid the AFL journalist's are. Everyone bar Callum Twomey had Jason Horne-Francis as number one. Nick Daicos didn't make the top three.

I think it goes to show how stupid the AFL journalist's are. Everyone bar Callum Twomey had Jason Horne-Francis as number one. Nick Daicos didn't make the top three.
Everyone had them as the top two. The only reason Daicos didn’t go top two on the night was because neither North nor GWS could be bothered bidding on him. My only point was that if we like JHF wanting to be labelled #1 we can’t criticise Daicos for not wanting to be labelled #4 when literally no decent draft watcher thought that actually reflected his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back