Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows have had a habit of shoving Milera in roles all over the ground

In 2018 Milera started the season on a HFF .....similar role to Rozee last year & was putrid as a fwd

Even in 2019 he had games in the FWD line .....but it's behind the ball that he excels

With Laird going into the midfield, and Nicks liking speed off the HB line and thru the midfield, this is where Milera operates best

Only proviso is can he stay fit .....but at 23 his body should start to mature
The bolded is what worries me.

Which players keep him out of that Super Coach killer HFF role, is that set in stone?

The bolded is what worries me.

Which players keep him out of that Super Coach killer HFF role, is that set in stone?
McAdam , McHenry, Sloane, Schoenberg.....and a new coaching Philosophy

We've had too many Midfielders till now that are single position players

Macrae on his junior SC scoring was a 62 ave approx ....so not a great scorer

Rowe will play, but depending on goals scored, would be a 50 ave

Berry is probably the strongest chance and SC friendly ......but Pedlar is the SC beast with a 110+ junior ave

Pedlar will be later in the season, as they need to strengthen his core to avoid his injuries of last season
I remember watching Milera at the start of 2019 and thinking "this is the player I was expecting to see. If he shows signs of playing that way in the preseason he'll come right into calculations.

Thanks for the info on the rookies. I hadn't even looked at Pedlar.

McAdam , McHenry, Sloane, Schoenberg.....and a new coaching Philosophy

We've had too many Midfielders till now that are single position players
Smith and Milera off the HBF you reckon, what about Hamill?

Could Milera play off a wing, does he have the tank?

I hope not. My memory of his 2019 high scores was that he was gathering the ball on half back, running though the centre and setting up plays like a basketball point guard. Such a SC friendly role. Hopefully that's where he's used. Best for SC and best for the Crows.

Sholl on a wing ....might see Smith get more mid minutes

Milera hasn't looked great off a wing when played there ......Laird rotated from Midfield back to Def last season

Can see Milera / Smith rotating thru the midfield .....remembering that rotations have been reduced this season

Sholl on a wing ....might see Smith get more mid minutes

Milera hasn't looked great off a wing when played there ......Laird rotated from Midfield back to Def last season

Can see Milera / Smith rotating thru the midfield .....remembering that rotations have been reduced this season
Puts Brodes on Super Coach short list. :sunglasses:

DPP @ 438k

The way I see Milera he is a clone of Brodie Smith & Paul Seedsman except more injury prone. Just like those other 2 players he will have good games where he will ton up and then the next week get a 60. He will average around the 75-85 mark which will make him hard to trade out because after a couple of weeks when he scores low and you have decided to trade him out the following week he will get a 95 and almost hit his breakeven and you think maybe he has turned the corner so you keep him only for another 60 the next week and then drops $20k and now you can't afford to upgrade and so it goes on for the whole season and at the end he has averaged 78 also with a few weeks out for a soft tissue injury and only gone up $30k for the whole year.

I think Milera needs confidence, assurance of role and to be injury free. He is a HBF who gets moved sometimes but couldnt have made it more obvious that he wants to play HB in interviews. Nicks seems to understand where a players best position so I think Milera will play HB, along with Hamill/Smith who I think should rotate on a wing (Atkins gone, MacKay injured atm, Seedsman borderline 22) as well.

Milera is a hard no for me, especially because of his injury history, and isnt in full training yet.

Yes to all & maybe Butts in DEF as a KPD

Crouch in his Contract Year ....so you know the drill on how he'll go
M Crouch in for a big SC year.

Happy with everyone talking down Hately, give him 80% tog as an inside mid and not played out of position on the wing and that 64 avge will be more like 94.
Junior can’t even come into consideration unless an injury free pre season imo.

I don’t mind Hayden Young as a cheaper option from Fremantle. He plays a lot like Luke Ryan (atleast he did in the juniors).

M Crouch in for a big SC year.

Happy with everyone talking down Hately, give him 80% tog as an inside mid and not played out of position on the wing and that 64 avge will be more like 94.
Junior can’t even come into consideration unless an injury free pre season imo.

What's with Crouch's really low TOG% throughout his entire career? Does he have a tank issue? If so, does his D/E% get even lower with fewer bench rotations forcing him to play fatigued?

hmm.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with Crouch's really low TOG% throughout his entire career? Does he have a tank issue? If so, does his D/E% get even lower with fewer bench rotations forcing him to play fatigued?

View attachment 1038814

its actually quite scientific and developed by our high performance department quite early on in his career, they worked out that anything more than 75% t.o.g and it has a slight effect on his normal impeccable ball use.

🤔 or it always could be that he has never finished in the front half of the midfield runners , has absolutely no tank and is a one trick pony who just gets from contest to contest. But that one trick he does very very well, and with 71% t.o.g three years ago was enough to get him more SC points than any other player in the league and as an accumulator with longer quarters this year I’m hoping returns to those 2017 numbers. .

And I defy anyone to pick the difference between his normal and fatigue effected disposal, as you have often called him, Mr Ballistic is his name.

Very early days but DGB has not been starring in the pre-season. Last week blew up whilst running laps with Ceglar and this morning finished last and distressed in a 16 man time trial over 2.2km. Weather not optimal today.

Player is NOT flying during pre-season?

Just on Milera, and I said something similar last year gents, was if Andrew McLeod were available for 300k would you take him?

Absolutely.

Meh just because someone goes into the midfield does mean they will score well

My comment was more to do with Laird. I would expect Smith to average in the 75-90 bracket wherever he plays.

He does make an interesting comment about the Crows Half Backs this year. I wonder where that leaves Milera?

"The Crows No. 33 hoped a trio of exciting youngsters looking for a run around the back could be his golden ticket back to the midfield."

“Hingey (Mitch Hinge) has come across now and looks really good at half-back, Will Hamill’s going to take another step up, and Andy McPherson,” he said.

My comment was more to do with Laird. I would expect Smith to average in the 75-90 bracket wherever he plays.

He does make an interesting comment about the Crows Half Backs this year. I wonder where that leaves Milera?

"The Crows No. 33 hoped a trio of exciting youngsters looking for a run around the back could be his golden ticket back to the midfield."

“Hingey (Mitch Hinge) has come across now and looks really good at half-back, Will Hamill’s going to take another step up, and Andy McPherson,” he said.

Milera has played Half forward before maybe he will go Forward:think:

Milera has played Half forward before maybe he will go Forward:think:
Wayne Milera really is an enigma, kicked 5 goals for Centrals as a 17 year old in a senior SANFL final in his draft year if my memory is correct . He was the Isaac Rankine before Isaac Rankine.
Can’t help but think the crap @ the Crows has stuffed him up, really is a huge untapped talent. Maybe SuperCoach gold for those with the guts to start him, but I’m a bit gun shy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back