Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I don't see multiple clubs clambering to get his services if he doesn't sign on. Likely a 3rd round pick which will be somewhere in the early 40's. Honestly wouldn't be a terrible outcome all things considered.
It will also depend on what other players that club has leaving as FA’s themselves as they might choose to not affect the compo by trading.

I don't see multiple clubs clambering to get his services if he doesn't sign on. Likely a 3rd round pick which will be somewhere in the early 40's. Honestly wouldn't be a terrible outcome all things considered.
Would be ok with a 3rd rounder...a 2nd rounder would be a terrific result but unlikely.

Would be ok with a 3rd rounder...a 2nd rounder would be a terrific result but unlikely.
From memory the compensation bands for a second round selection will either mirror your ladder position or be an end of round selection. I highly doubt we get an early second rounder for compensation but boy oh boy it would be a fine result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawk Talk podcast have mentioned a number of times now that he is currently in our top 10 highest earners. Reckon we are in with an extremely slim chance at a second round compo.
Tim is an unrestricted free agent - not in our top 10 paid players - it's a mistake when journos say he is restricted

Re the TOB speculation.....

At this stage I think:
Band 5 = Pick 43
Band 4 = Pick 38
Band 3 = Pick 25
Band 2 = Pick 19
Band 1 = Pick 6

Band 3 would be a good result.

ALLEGEDLY the FA bands work on the player being in the following percentiles of 25 year old+ yearly contract value, with some consideration given to player age.

Band 3 - Top 30%
Band 4 - Top 50%
Band 5 - Top 70%

I'd assume Tim would land in band 3. Not an above median salary given the market, but not in the bottom 30% either.

Second round compo seems out of the question, but who knows what the mystery box will produce.

picks 35+ or 40+ for TOB or Ollie wouldn't be great, but it is what it is. Just then need to package them together for something a little higher if we can.

Hope to see something good for Howe
Have you heard or do you feel as though Howe will be moved on?

ALLEGEDLY the FA bands work on the player being in the following percentiles of 25 year old+ yearly contract value, with some consideration given to player age.

Band 3 - Top 30%
Band 4 - Top 50%
Band 5 - Top 70%

I'd assume Tim would land in band 3. Not an above median salary given the market, but not in the bottom 30% either.

Second round compo seems out of the question, but who knows what the mystery box will produce.
Yeah absolutely it's a stupid system really (buddy *cough* *cough*)

Even if we get band 4 or 5 which are pretty much the same that pick will be useful for us as we currently don't have any picks in that range.

Band 3 - Top 30%
Band 4 - Top 50%
Band 5 - Top 70%

If its band 3, it will be second round...this is where finishing low works for us.
More likely a band 4 end of 2nd I'd have thought...pick 25 for TOB would be a huge win. Get another young midfield prospect through the door & gives us more flexibility than any team to move up the draft order.

A pick in the 20s for TOB would be unbelievable.

Could take 4 great young talents early this season.

Package up those picks and try and get higher.

Trade them for future first rounders with some teams we feel night struggle next year.

So many great possibilities.

i would think where he has been in Hawthorns pay structure means nothing it’s how much Port would offer him. The Chol contract to Gold Coast has been reported to get them at best a second but more likely a third maybe even a fourth. That was four years at $400-$450k from memory. At the risk of upsetting people in here I can’t see them getting a pick in the 2nd round. I would of thought pick in the third would be best case scenario but wouldn’t be shocked if it was worse considering all the reporting on salary cap struggles

i would think where he has been in Hawthorns pay structure means nothing it’s how much Port would offer him. The Chol contract to Gold Coast has been reported to get them at best a second but more likely a third maybe even a fourth. That was four years at $400-$450k from memory. At the risk of upsetting people in here I can’t see them getting a pick in the 2nd round. I would of thought pick in the third would be best case scenario but wouldn’t be shocked if it was worse considering all the reporting on salary cap struggles

No, you're exactly right. If 4 x 450 is potentially a 4th rounder, the reality is we wouldn't get close to a second round pick for TOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back