Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Is there any small/medium forwards on the outer that would be worth a shot?

Our interest apparently is in Lachie Shultz from Fremantle.

What type of player do you think we need? I'm actually pretty happy with our stocks here. Wingard, Breust, Moore, Brockman, Morris with Saunders and Seamus Mitchell currently developing in the VFL.

Was bored at work the other day and played list manager. Ruthless list manger though. Considered age profiles, needs and basically concocted a trade/draft period on steroids for Hawthorn.

No need for a dissection. A lot of this is pure fantasy but just something that I personally feel would put us in a better position moving into the next 5-10 years.

(*disclaimer* Based on estimated draft standings)

Hanrahan and Ceglar to Geelong for Narkle, pick 53 and a future third

Pick 56 to Collingwood for Max Lynch

Tom Mitchell and a future 5th round pick to Carlton for pick 9 and 60

Daniel Howe and pick 60 to Sydney for pick 32

Picks 21 and 32 to Western Bulldogs for pick 17 and a future second

Matt Crouch acquired as a free agent.

Draft hand = 2, 9, 17, 23, 53, 60

Draft: Callaghan (classy outside mid)
Goater (athletic inside/outside mid)
Andrew (Tall utility who can play anywhere)
Connor MacDonald (midfielder)
53: Pass or trade
60: Pass or trade

Rookie draft/Free agency
Fergus Greene (medium sized goal kicking weapon for Box Hill)
Brayden Crossley (Hard, contested ruckman)

Delist/Retire
Burgoyne, Brooksby, Hartley, Greaves, Pepper

Ins: Crouch, Narkle, Lynch, Callaghan, Goater, Andrew, MacDonald, Greene, Crossley
Out: Mitchell, Hanrahan, Ceglar, Howe, Burgoyne, Hartley, Brooksby, Greaves, Pepper

Future gains:
Geelong third round
Western Bulldogs second round

Was bored at work the other day and played list manager. Ruthless list manger though. Considered age profiles, needs and basically concocted a trade/draft period on steroids for Hawthorn.

No need for a dissection. A lot of this is pure fantasy but just something that I personally feel would put us in a better position moving into the next 5-10 years.

(*disclaimer* Based on estimated draft standings)

Hanrahan and Ceglar to Geelong for Narkle, pick 53 and a future third

Tom Mitchell and a future 5th round pick to Carlton for pick 9 and 60

Daniel Howe and pick 60 to Sydney for pick 32

Picks 21 and 32 to Western Bulldogs for pick 17 and a future second

Matt Crouch acquired as a free agent.

Draft hand = 2, 9, 17, 23, 53, 60

Draft: Callaghan (classy outside mid)
Goater (athletic inside/outside mid)
Andrew (Tall utility who can play anywhere)
Connor MacDonald (midfielder)
53: Pass or trade
60: Pass or trade

Rookie draft/Free agency
Fergus Greene (medium sized goal kicking weapon for Box Hill)
Brayden Crossley (Hard, contested ruckman)

Delist/Retire
Burgoyne, Brooksby, Hartley, Greaves, Pepper

Ins: Crouch, Narkle, Lynch, Callaghan, Goater, Andrew, MacDonald, Greene, Crossley
Out: Mitchell, Hanrahan, Ceglar, Howe, Burgoyne, Hartley, Brooksby, Greaves, Pepper

Future gains:
Geelong third round
Western Bulldogs second round
I think you're going to trigger Eldo, by delisting Pepper. 😂
He's a CatB rookie, there's no need to remove him.

Also, I know I floated the 'Crouch for Mitchell and profit' switcheroo, but Crouch not getting out onto the park this year would put a dent in that idea.

I think you're going to trigger Eldo, by delisting Pepper. 😂
He's a CatB rookie, there's no need to remove him.

Also, I know I floated the 'Crouch for Mitchell and profit' switcheroo, but Crouch not getting out onto the park this year would put a dent in that idea.

I stole that idea from you. Once I really thought about it I realised it had some merit.

Was also somewhat aware of the Pepper intricacy, but pretty much felt the need to go 9 in and 9 out to balance out my OCD.

Trades and Movements
Pick 1 to GWS for 5 and 11
Tom Mitchell and pick 21 to Carlton for pick 8
Jack Gunston and Pick 22 to Brisbane for 16 and future second.
Daniel Howe to Sydney for a future third
Josh kelly Free Agent.

Delist/Retire
Burgoyne, Brooksby, Hartley, Hanrahan

Draft Hand: 5,8,11,16

Trades and Movements
Pick 1 to GWS for 5 and 11
Tom Mitchell and pick 21 to Carlton for pick 8
Jack Gunston and Pick 22 to Brisbane for 16 and future second.
Daniel Howe to Sydney for a future third
Josh kelly Free Agent.

Delist/Retire
Burgoyne, Brooksby, Hartley, Hanrahan

Draft Hand: 5,8,11,16

Love your thinking - great hypothetical but I really do think Collingwood will get the wooden spoon which means GWS gets pick 1 and stuffs everything up. They are an absolute shambles and with Moore and Pendlebury out, will be lucky to win one game for the rest if the year

Love your thinking - great hypothetical but I really do think Collingwood will get the wooden spoon which means GWS gets pick 1 and stuffs everything up. They are an absolute shambles and with Moore and Pendlebury out, will be lucky to win one game for the rest if the year
I think our performance on the weekend was well below that of the Pies. Besides the LOL's of Magpies missing out on a pick one for a pick 24 & 30 last year it would be a horrible result for GWS to sabotage the career of another A grade talent. Its like a first round factory that club and the players get the joy of playing in front of 5,000 spectators on a good day.. I hope WCE bring their D game on the weekend and we're assured a top two pick...I'd like Horne, but just as happy with Callaghan and please can we get some U18 championships so we get some exposed form on these kids... Let's get some normality into this season please..

I think our performance on the weekend was well below that of the Pies. Besides the LOL's of Magpies missing out on a pick one for a pick 24 & 30 last year it would be a horrible result for GWS to sabotage the career of another A grade talent. Its like a first round factory that club and the players get the joy of playing in front of 5,000 spectators on a good day.. I hope WCE bring their D game on the weekend and we're assured a top two pick...I'd like Horne, but just as happy with Callaghan and please can we get some U18 championships so we get some exposed form on these kids... Let's get some normality into this season please..

I think the Pies will be desperate to avoid the humiliation of finishing last and not having their first pick. If they finish bottom and could have bid on Darcy pick 1, then taken Horne 2 and matched Daicos 3 they will never live it down.

I don't see us trading Mitchell, o'meara, Gunston, Breust or Wingard at the end of the year but see us dealing with the dogs to get their first rounder.

If we had pick 1,18,21,24 we may try and move up the order with 21 and 24 to try and get a sliding Sonsie at 12 or beyond but I don't see us doing anything radical.

Horne or Callahan would be very exciting especially if we get another couple of mids or a Mac as well.

With that article that came out the week before last where there was a contract loophole or whatever you want to call it where if he stays and the contract becomes 8 mil over 8 seasons but what I'd like to know is what is the terms (dollars & years) if he goes. For example if he decides to exercise his right as a free agent and leave does the remaining terms have to be taken up by the team he goes to or can new terms be agreed to? I wouldn't want him at 1 mil per season over 8 years but I'd damn sure be considering something like 5 years:

Year 1 – 1m
Year 2 – 900k
Year 3 – 900k
Year 4 – 800k
Year 5 – 800k

That offer would be 600k less over 5 years and also 3 less years at 1 mil per season than if he stayed. He'd really want to be getting out of there if he was to leave so either way its unlikely. Like others have already mentioned I'd much rather change tact and pay a FA that could make us better than to list cloggers that are making us worse.

If we finish with the spoon then I wouldn't opposed to bringing in Kelly as a FA and then also offering up similar compensation to Cerra that Freo gave us for Brad Hill. If they relent then walk him to the preseason draft. We could essentially be going into 2022 with a best 22 of:

B - Hardwick Hartigan Jiath
HB – Sicily DGB Frost
C – Cerra O'Meara Day
HF – Horne Koschitzke Gunston
F – Wingard Lewis Breust

R – Reeves Kelly Worpel

INT – McEvoy Scrimshaw Moore Impey

Just outside the best 22 would be: Bramble, Newcombe, Brockman, Phillips, Jeka, Downie

*Edited - for stupidity 😂

FYI Mitchell to be traded to Carlton for their 1st rounder

Last edited:
With that article that came out the week before last where there was a contract loophole or whatever you want to call it where if he stays and the contract becomes 8 mil over 8 seasons but what I'd like to know is what is the terms (dollars & years) if he goes. For example if he decides to exercise his right as a free agent and leave does the remaining terms have to be taken up by the team he goes to or can new terms be agreed to? I wouldn't want him at 1 mil per season over 8 years but I'd damn sure be considering something like 5 years:

Year 1 – 1m
Year 2 – 900k
Year 3 – 900k
Year 4 – 800k
Year 5 – 800k

That offer would be 600k less over 5 years and also 3 less years at 1 mil per season than if he stayed. He'd really want to be getting out of there if he was to leave so either way its unlikely. Like others have already mentioned I'd much rather change tact and pay a FA that could make us better than to list cloggers that are making us worse.

If we finish with the spoon then I wouldn't opposed to bringing in Kelly as a FA and then also offering up similar compensation to Cerra that Freo gave us for Brad Hill. If they relent then walk him to the preseason draft. We could essentially be going into 2022 with a best 22 of:

HB – Sicily DGB Frost
C – Cerra Mitchell Day
F – Wingard Lewis Breust

R – Reeves Kelly O'Meara Worpel

Just outside the best 22 would be: Bramble, Newcombe, Brockman, Phillips, Jeka, Downie
I love the idea of playing an extra midfielder! You would think it would fix up our clearance issues. Umpires that poor this year we’ll probably get away with it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Year 1 – 1m
Year 2 – 900k
Year 3 – 900k
Year 4 – 800k
Year 5 – 800k

HB – Sicily DGB Frost
C – Cerra Mitchell Day
F – Wingard Lewis Breust

R – Reeves Kelly O'Meara Worpel

Funny for a team that might finish last but I don't see Bramble not being in the best 22 r1 2022.

I’d offer him a contract. Has skills and plays that hff/midfielder role that we lack. And he will almost certainly leave the saints.
He will?

Would not mind finding another Bramble, Stratton and Poppy, Raid the lower leagues. Far to much talent will be under developed, just about finding the rough diamonds.

The club who can do the best here will be setup for years to come

Serious Question.

Would you take on Coniglios contract (heavily front loaded petering around to under $500k by the end) for a 4th rounder?

Are we once bitten, twice shy? Or in our case twice bitten, third time shy?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feels like Groundhog Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious Question.

Would you take on Coniglios contract (heavily front loaded petering around to under $500k by the end) for a 4th rounder?

Are we once bitten, twice shy? Or in our case twice bitten, third time shy?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cogs been struggling with injury and when he has been on the ground has struggled. It looks like his best is past him. His kicking is also really bad.

He offers us nothing in regards to our next flag. Just feels like we are giving GWS another free leg up out of a bad contract while gaining not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back