Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You said the opposite last year, that it should be highest when i had it lowest. So it was changed to highest not lowest. Now you want to flip to what i originally had.
No I didn’t

receipts please

From the FAQ on home page...

If a person has two or more picks in the same round when winning a tagged player, he will give up his own pick, otherwise the highest pick he has in that round.
This is fine. Stops people being dogs and trading for lower picks

IMO if you bid on your own tagged FA you should forfeit the right to compensation for not winning/deciding not to match, otherwise it is open to manipulation where an owner can run up the price for someone else and then make the other give them a pick too

Last edited:
IMO if you bid on your own FA you should forfeit the right to compensation for not winning/deciding not to match, otherwise it is open to manipulation where an owner can run up the price for someone else and then make the other give them a pick too
Only if they decide to bid though right?

To be clear. And it's in the FAQ. You only bid on FAs, yours and everyone elses. Open slather.

You do not bid on your own tagged players. You instead wait till others have won a bid on a tagged player and decide whether to pass or match. Tagged players involve draft pick compensation.
So I can’t kickstart (and possibly win) my own tagged player to get that situation over with quickly and understand my cap situation more?

So I can’t kickstart (and possibly win) my own tagged player to get that situation over with quickly and understand my cap situation more?
No. Your own tagged players you do not. If they do not attract any bids, they return to your roster on the 1 yr deal with tag dollars attached. If they attract bids, you wait and decide to Pass or Match. If Pass, other team gives you pick. If Match, you get to sign them for 3-5 yrs, no tag dollars, but bid dollars attached.

Essentially...Tagged players are out there testing the market, trying to attract offers from other franchises first. If they get a best offer (winning bid) they then return to you and ask you to match the offer sheet or not. If they find there's no market for them, they return to your team with tail between legs.

MFL is trying to replicate/simulate that NFL concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially...Tagged players are out there testing the market, trying to attract offers from other franchises first. If they get a best offer (winning bid) they then return to you and ask you to match the offer sheet or not. If they find there's no market for them, they return to your team with tail between legs.

MFL is trying to replicate/simulate that NFL concept.
Nah I get it, just wanted confirmation. Makes complete sense.

I wanna see how hard ADP goes.

I was out at 5 but decided to make you pay a little more.

Stop being value for money about then.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back