Teams 2021 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1611931200852.png

Backline is the only line I am happy with and I better be happy considering the outlay. McDonald a bit of a POD I guess, he had the seagull role last year and he needs to be just that again if I'm starting without Lloyd.

Midfield is horrendous, you know it's bad when you have 3 players without photos in your starting midfield. I'm really counting on GWS to pull their finger out, Taranto is cheap and I think JKelly might also be slightly underpriced, even though he will probably miss games at least he can still pump out 140s.

Have no clue about the fwd line. Dusty at F1 scares me. I didn't really want Caldwell but he seems the best I could afford. Everyone else should be looking at Will Brodie as a fwd....if he can find a spot in the team he should be better than Caldwell imo. I can never pick Brodie again after I started him over Viney last year, one game and out for me last year...lock him in to play every game and average 85+.

First try: 62k left over

TblIwxM.png

Pretty good idea putting laird in the middle considering the value in defence this season
Nicks said Laird is the best 2 mtr player in the club .....that's why he was put into the midfield, an ability to swoop on a loose ball, or lay a tackle at stoppages / centre plays

Haven't seen Bailey's name crop up too much before. Any particular reasoning behind that?

My general thought process on Rozee is first of all he's a quality player, rumoured to be carrying an injury last year, 3rd year, and hopefully becomes more of a mid/fwd as players like Gray become more fwd/mid
Match Report from yesterday intraclub

1611952355584.png

View attachment 1048044

Backline is the only line I am happy with and I better be happy considering the outlay. McDonald a bit of a POD I guess, he had the seagull role last year and he needs to be just that again if I'm starting without Lloyd.

Midfield is horrendous, you know it's bad when you have 3 players without photos in your starting midfield. I'm really counting on GWS to pull their finger out, Taranto is cheap and I think JKelly might also be slightly underpriced, even though he will probably miss games at least he can still pump out 140s.

Have no clue about the fwd line. Dusty at F1 scares me. I didn't really want Caldwell but he seems the best I could afford. Everyone else should be looking at Will Brodie as a fwd....if he can find a spot in the team he should be better than Caldwell imo. I can never pick Brodie again after I started him over Viney last year, one game and out for me last year...lock him in to play every game and average 85+.
I still have these nightmares too.... sadly I just don’t think Dew will play him either way.

I like the team though. McDonald is too risky for me but could definitely be value. Hard to fault your starting 4 mids. Every single one of them should see an uptick in average you’d think

Martin at F1 isn’t as bad as it sounds this year. Sounds like most people are running weak forward lines. At least with Martin you can count on 22 games at roughly a 100 average

I still have these nightmares too.... sadly I just don’t think Dew will play him either way.

I like the team though. McDonald is too risky for me but could definitely be value. Hard to fault your starting 4 mids. Every single one of them should see an uptick in average you’d think

Martin at F1 isn’t as bad as it sounds this year. Sounds like most people are running weak forward lines. At least with Martin you can count on 22 games at roughly a 100 average
Previous years I would start maybe 4-5 premo mids and at least one of them would be a spud that I can't get rid off. Tadams seems very safe to be a consistent 90+ scorer every week. Taranto can't go wrong at his price. The only guy that might maybe burn me is JKelly...maybe one idea is to replace him by moving Laird into the mids and then getting Lloyd as that reliable scorer?

Previous years I would start maybe 4-5 premo mids and at least one of them would be a spud that I can't get rid off. Tadams seems very safe to be a consistent 90+ scorer every week. Taranto can't go wrong at his price. The only guy that might maybe burn me is JKelly...maybe one idea is to replace him by moving Laird into the mids and then getting Lloyd as that reliable scorer?
I’ve been toying with that idea too but I just find there’s too many value picks in the middle that I don’t want to miss out on

1612059138952.png

Early days, more interested in structure and what can be squeezed out.
De Goey, Heeney, Milera and Harmes are probably the 4 i'll continue to switch around.

Do like 4 premo/upside players in the fwd line to reduce rookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well give me what you got

Whitfield - Witherden - Williams - Milera - Young - Gould (Wehr - Bianco)

Adams - Gaff - Duncan - Taranto - Rowell - Cunnington - Downie - Robertson (Valante - RCD)

Grundy - Pruess (Treacy)

Marshall - J. Martin - Phillips - Fantasia - Cockatoo - Rowe (Kelly, Jones) (Williams)

'value' is such an overstated ideology these days, especially when talking about premium mids. You don't pick Kelly or Taranto or Treloar etc for their value. You pick them because you hope they become a top 8 mid. Otherwise you're just burning a spot in your team and a future trade for a player that is a top 8 mid. Same with Sam Walsh.

'value' is such an overstated ideology these days, especially when talking about premium mids. You don't pick Kelly or Taranto or Treloar etc for their value. You pick them because you hope they become a top 8 mid. Otherwise you're just burning a spot in your team and a future trade for a player that is a top 8 mid. Same with Sam Walsh.
I don't really agree.
You're picking Taranto for example, because as you said you are hoping he will be a top 8 mid, but your picking him because he is priced at 94.
Would I pick Taranto if he was priced at 110 (which is what I hope he will avg)? Nope, sorry!! He doesn't have the runs on the board as yet to pay full price.

But I would pay full price for Adams, Gaff or Zerrett as they have been consistent performers at or above where they are priced.

Then I should post my updated team from last Friday .......fire away

View attachment 1051118

Think the backline and ruck divisions are your most solid. Midfield is huge, but Simpkin and Hately are not guys I'm confident on (especially with Milera going into the mids for Crows and Cunnington returning for Roos). Forward line is pretty speculative, and Daniher is made of paper, so not sure I'd want to risk that much on him.

Xerri I'm curious about, as Goldy has a monopoly on that ruck role, so is Xerri likely to play back up ruck/forward now that Brown has gone/Comben is injured?

Think the backline and ruck divisions are your most solid. Midfield is huge, but Simpkin and Hately are not guys I'm confident on (especially with Milera going into the mids for Crows and Cunnington returning for Roos). Forward line is pretty speculative, and Daniher is made of paper, so not sure I'd want to risk that much on him.

Xerri I'm curious about, as Goldy has a monopoly on that ruck role, so is Xerri likely to play back up ruck/forward now that Brown has gone/Comben is injured?
Xerri more a placeholder ATM

Do you prefer Cunnington or Simpkin ? ......Cunnington historically goes huge early & falls away

Do you prefer Cunnington or Simpkin ? ......Cunnington historically goes huge early & falls away

Ahhh true.

Honestly, Cunnington for exactly that reason. Only need him to make cash and then trade him to someone better once he's hit his peak. Priced at 70, but usually averages 90+, so he's capable of making you 150K pretty quickly, at which point you can scrap one of your likely failed rooks, and get in a a premo for basically nothing. Same logic that I have with Prestia, who I'll use to bridge the gap between his price point and an uber premo after the first 3-5 rounds

Ahhh true.

Honestly, Cunnington for exactly that reason. Only need him to make cash and then trade him to someone better once he's hit his peak. Priced at 70, but usually averages 90+, so he's capable of making you 150K pretty quickly, at which point you can scrap one of your likely failed rooks, and get in a a premo for basically nothing. Same logic that I have with Prestia, who I'll use to bridge the gap between his price point and an uber premo after the first 3-5 rounds
Cunnington to Brad Crouch in round 3/4/5 could be a go-er

Well give me what you got

Whitfield - Witherden - Williams - Milera - Young - Gould (Wehr - Bianco)

Adams - Gaff - Duncan - Taranto - Rowell - Cunnington - Downie - Robertson (Valante - RCD)

Grundy - Pruess (Treacy)

Marshall - J. Martin - Phillips - Fantasia - Cockatoo - Rowe (Kelly, Jones) (Williams)
Can't fault that backline. Should make plenty of coin!

Deep midfield as well. Big tick.

Rucks. Tick

Forward line is where I would potentially be concerned (guess there has to be one concerning line these days)... Feel like Martin loses any mid time he had previously with the inclusion of Williams. Fantasia should make coin as he is dirt cheap but could also be inconsistent playing a small forward role so might take a little time to moo. Cockatoo reportedly went off in the intra club at the end of the game with a leg problem (maybe tightness, maybe nothing, risky either way). 2 rookies in the forward line is dicey I think as their notoriously the worst scorers but it's also unfortunately looking like the only spot on the ground where we are going to get enough rookies

Can't fault that backline. Should make plenty of coin!

Deep midfield as well. Big tick.

Rucks. Tick

Forward line is where I would potentially be concerned (guess there has to be one concerning line these days)... Feel like Martin loses any mid time he had previously with the inclusion of Williams. Fantasia should make coin as he is dirt cheap but could also be inconsistent playing a small forward role so might take a little time to moo. Cockatoo reportedly went off in the intra club at the end of the game with a leg problem (maybe tightness, maybe nothing, risky either way). 2 rookies in the forward line is dicey I think as their notoriously the worst scorers but it's also unfortunately looking like the only spot on the ground where we are going to get enough rookies
Appreciate the feedback, I've since resigned to Martin not really being in option and have brought back in dunkley via using Walsh as a cheaper promo.

I don't like the thin forwards either however unless there's change in the preseason, I think taking a hit via the fwd rooks is going to be the best method

Appreciate the feedback, I've since resigned to Martin not really being in option and have brought back in dunkley via using Walsh as a cheaper promo.

I don't like the thin forwards either however unless there's change in the preseason, I think taking a hit via the fwd rooks is going to be the best method
On Martin, he always seems to score ok, but not well enough to really jump up to the top 10 forwards type of mark. In saying that, Carlton should improve again this year and the delivery going into their F50 should also be better with Williams and Saad's inclusion. Still better options around.

Agree re: forwards. It's looking like each team will be resigned to starting a bunch of forward rookies if backs don't pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back